THERE ARE STILL DECENT PEOPLE IN THE WORLD

BILLCOWIE1958

Parked my car in Cardonald and jumped on a bus into town
Got the bus back to collect my car and popped into Lidl
"Where's my phone"?. PANIC!!!!!!

Jumped back in the car and drove down to Paisley Road West and waited for the last bus I was on heading back into town When the bus came I asked the driver if it had been handed in

"Sorry no but go and look where you were sitting and see if it's there"

NO JOY????

What to do? Go to EE in Silverburn with my old iPhone5 and get a new SIM Then at least I'd be in contact with the world again but I'd have to go home for ID oh and my old iPhone5 of course

Raced home got my ID and about to dive along to EE in Silverburn when I remembered that I have an old landline phone which is never plugged in because as we all know with a landline as soon as you sit down to have dinner tea or whatever some arsehole phones you about PPI or Double Glazing or Equity Release so I don't plug a landline in

Bref.....
Found my old landline phone plugged it in and phoned my mobile number ......

Number not recognised!!!!! BOLLOX!!!!

Phoned it again and it rang No answer SHIT!! Has somebody found it and aren't answering it so as not to give the game away?

I have a 'Find My Phone' app on my iPhone5 but my mind was overthinking things?

Decided to phone my mobile again 'BRRR BRRR BRRR BRRR BRRR'

"HELLO" EUREKA!!!!!

"Hello you've just answered my phone I've lost it in the past half an hour"

"This is one of the Store Managers in Lidl Your phone was handed in Somebody found it lying in the car park"

Long story short .... Got my phone back The phone is slate/charcoal grey and difficult to see on wet tarmac It must have fallen from my pocket as I was initially getting out of the car to go into Lidl

I'm not sure why I noticed that my phone wasn't where it should be Think it proves that we're all so addicted to our phones that as soon as we're without them we realise

Anyway A BIG thank you to the person who handed my phone into the Lidl store

I asked the manager if they'd left their details He said they did but he couldn't give them out because of some Information crap!!!

I said " you're having a laugh right"?

He said "YIP" and started laughing

The finder didn't leave their details but they are obviously a very decent Soul who will be rewarded when the time is right KARMA will ensure that

Kinda brightened up my day and restored my faith in human nature somewhat ???
Not that my faith in human nature was at a low ebb but the mind can make you think all sorts of things ?

HH?

Jumped back in the car and drove down to Paisley Road West and waited for the last bus I was on heading back into town When the bus came I asked the driver if it had been handed in

NO JOY????

What to do? Go to EE in Silverburn with my old iPhone5 and get a new SIM Then at least I'd be in contact with the world again but I'd have to go home for ID oh and my old iPhone5 of course

Raced home got my ID and about to dive along to EE in Silverburn when I remembered that I have an old landline phone which is never plugged in because as we all know with a landline as soon as you sit down to have dinner tea or whatever some arsehole phones you about PPI or Double Glazing or Equity Release so I don't plug a landline in

Bref.....

Phoned it again and it rang No answer SHIT!! Has somebody found it and aren't answering it so as not to give the game away?

"HELLO" EUREKA!!!!!

"This is one of the Store Managers in Lidl Your phone was handed in Somebody found it lying in the car park"

Long story short .... Got my phone back The phone is slate/charcoal grey and difficult to see on wet tarmac It must have fallen from my pocket as I was initially getting out of the car to go into Lidl

I'm not sure why I noticed that my phone wasn't where it should be Think it proves that we're all so addicted to our phones that as soon as we're without them we realise

I asked the manager if they'd left their details He said they did but he couldn't give them out because of some Information crap!!!

The finder didn't leave their details but they are obviously a very decent Soul who will be rewarded when the time is right KARMA will ensure that

Not that my faith in human nature was at a low ebb but the mind can make you think all sorts of things ?

HH?
Must have been a member of the SFRA, Bill!

They are blessed with the milk of human kindness, that's the only explanation for the gifts they bestow on sevco (that or the rampant freemasonry)

NO JOY????

Bref.....

"HELLO" EUREKA!!!!!

HH?
Fuck sake bill I thought you were gonna say when you rang the phone that it was in your pocket all along. I was thinkin this is up there with Maria puttin her dress on backwards and then it just fuckin fizzles out to be a story about some decent fucker...... Aw well.....

Ha ha ha. We do indeed, Bill. Maybe Lidl will build a new place near Broomloan Rd.

Too near ASDA in Helen St me thinks
Saw a load of new houses being thrown up at Broomloan Rd It's an area I'm seldom in Only was today becau
Fuck sake bill I thought you were gonna say when you rang the phone that it was in your pocket all along. I was thinkin this is up there with Maria puttin her dress on backwards and then it just fuckin fizzles out to be a story about some decent fucker...... Aw well.....

If I ever putting my dress on back to front I"ll let you know but hopefully won't be in this lifetime

HH?

Too near ASDA in Helen St me thinks
Saw a load of new houses being thrown up at Broomloan Rd It's an area I'm seldom in Only was today becau

If I ever putting my dress on back to front I"ll let you know but hopefully won't be in this lifetime

HH?
My ex-wife used to put her dress on backwards because her humppity back gave her an enhanced cleavage.

Didn't call her the camel for nothing (and she had twelve toes)

There are still decent people in the world! Most people, in fact, are more than decent.

Last summer I was Financial Controller at a small baseball team in America, and one of my jobs was to protect anything valuable that has been turned into Lost & Found. Wallets, keys, expensive sunglasses, etc. I was one of 3 people with access to the safe. And this kind of stuff gets turned in on a regular basis. Nearly every week, and there were only games 3x days per week on average.

Well, anyway, two stick out in my mind. First was a garden variety lost wallet. Not much cash, but ID, credit cards, etc. I couldn’t trace a phone number, and after a few days of nobody calling about it, I figured the person had lost it without realizing it was gone for a long time and had no idea where to look or ask. So I drove to their house with the intention of dropping it off. Alas they weren’t home, so I brought it back to the office but left a note in their mailbox with my contact info. Needless to say, the woman got her wallet back the next day.

Second one was really unusual in that a wallet was found in a puddle of water under the stands after a game on a hot sunny day. It hadn’t rained in days, and again nobody had called but this person lived quite a ways out of town so dropping it off was out of the question. Now the person who turned it in was a member of the cleaning crew who work 2-3 hrs after games and make considerably less money than even people working the drive thru window at McDonalds. Most of them make less than $20 for their shift, and again usually about 3 shifts per week. Well, this particular wallet had $1,400 in cash inside!!! I was able to contact the owner, and he confirmed that nothing has been taken, not even a token $5 or $10. The only reason I was mildly surprised was just down to economics - that cash was more than the cleaning crew employee made all summer, and nobody would have even known to ask a question about it had he just pocketed the entire wallet and pretended like he’d never seen it. But the guy was honest and had integrity, and the money didn’t mean anything to him (and in retrospect, if money was an issue he wouldn’t have been working there!!!).

Anyway, I’ve learned that it’s best to not cast stones, judge people before they’ve given you a reason to judge them, and to generally give people the benefit of the doubt unless and until they provide a reason otherwise (even SFA referees! ;)). More often than not others will show themselves to be decent, if not generous & kind, people as long as they’re not made to feel defensive for one reason or another.

You like my fuckups better dontcha D, ??

Upon returning to Scotland for my annual R&R, I lost my wallet, which contained quite a bit of cash, but more importantly my overseas bank cards, and ID. Believe me when I tell you that losing this stuff turns your life upside down! Anyway, a taxi driver contacted me on Facebook to say he had found my wallet. I got everything back, complete. I sent a couple of quid down to his taxi office. I would like to have met him personally. Yeah, there are some good people, honest people still around. Maybe it's us who have just become too cynical. Maybe we need these people to restore our faith.

Back