There Needs to be a Discussion about Madden

Why have the SFA deemed it necessary that he referees our next game with the Huns?
Why do the rumours about his alleged betting problems persist?
How can a man who was a season ticket holder at Ibrox be appointed to any games involving the Huns?

There is a very dark cloud hanging over this man with his proven Hun affiliations.....his extraordinary appointment by the SFA to this vitally important game involving the team he supports.....and the allegations regarding his potential betting issues.....for reasons that should be obvious to everyone/anyone...
There is no organisation anywhere else in football surely that would allow a referee, to officiate a game where one of the teams he holds a season ticket or has done, and the other team is the defacto enemy.
Absolutely no organisation anywhere would allow such an obvious conflict of interests….except of course the SFA.
How could any officials possibly argue Madden can remain neutral? Impossible and implausible.
Fucking disgrace.

We will only find out the truth when he hits the 'after ludge dinner speaker' Circus then he will want to 'entertain' his audience by tales of how he thwarted the Fenians.

And that's the, not so funny, situation we find ourselves in as "paranoid" Celtic fans. There are actually some Celtic fans who believe our officials aren't corrupt. Incompetent maybe, but not corrupt. "No real proof" they cry....how about refs drinking in sevco pubs....how about the many many refs that do become after dinner speakers at orange functions. To me that's proof enough.

And that's the, not so funny, situation we find ourselves in as "paranoid" Celtic fans. There are actually some Celtic fans who believe our officials aren't corrupt. Incompetent maybe, but not corrupt. "No real proof" they cry....how about refs drinking in sevco pubs....how about the many many refs that do become after dinner speakers at orange functions. To me that's proof enough.
As Jock said, it's always been that way, but we're still Champions, that's got to stick in their craw.

Clubs couldn't give a feck

The refs are contracted by the sfa (according to the useless idiot Maxwell in an interview a few years ago ) that was their out card can't remember the controversy at the time ,it was Celtic related

That way there not accountable .answer to nobody and in Maddens case do as he pleases, there pathetic refereeing is one of the main reasons Scottish footballs looked on as a joke
Even when the useless idiots get a uefa gig they usually get mocked afterwards by foreign managers for not knowing or understanding the rules or applying them , this years var is going to be an utter clusterfk with no transparancy of who is running the system or what the guidelines are ,,,,one will be anyoe but Celtic but then we already knew that
i watch the odd youth/amateur games as the parks are close and the idiots in charge are all of the hun staunch variety and as useful as a flat tit

I’m thinking mibbies Madden was pushed.....nobody gives up the money and the perks without good reason.....if pushed, then someone has the goods on him.....it will be very interesting to see how he refs our games from here on in.....that’s if the SFA appoint him.....there’s more to come here...

I’m thinking mibbies Madden was pushed.....nobody gives up the money and the perks without good reason.....if pushed, then someone has the goods on him.....it will be very interesting to see how he refs our games from here on in.....that’s if the SFA appoint him.....there’s more to come here...

He has to make his money up somewhere else....a few tips to his pals for the bookies and a few dodgy decisions and he'll be alright I'm sure....."penalty rangers" anyone??

There is no organisation anywhere else in football surely that would allow a referee, to officiate a game where one of the teams he holds a season ticket or has done, and the other team is the defacto enemy.
Absolutely no organisation anywhere would allow such an obvious conflict of interests….except of course the SFA.
How could any officials possibly argue Madden can remain neutral? Impossible and implausible.
Fucking disgrace.
Until someone on our board comes out and publicly asks questions, nothing will change, there’s a Celtic director on the SFA board this year, high time we pushed through regulation regarding public declaration about what team referees support, and what “ secret” societies they are in (ie, masons)

Until someone on our board comes out and publicly asks questions, nothing will change, there’s a Celtic director on the SFA board this year, high time we pushed through regulation regarding public declaration about what team referees support, and what “ secret” societies they are in (ie, masons)

You need the numbers and the support to attempt that call and I doubt very much if we have them.....and would you bank on people like Bankier not being of the square?.....’cause I wouldn’t...

You need the numbers and the support to attempt that call and I doubt very much if we have them.....and would you bank on people like Bankier not being of the square?.....’cause I wouldn’t...
You wouldn’t need to make it “law” just do what the Huns do….make the allegations/points public, stand back and let the fun begin, a man that knows he’s being watch/scrutinised tends to play it straight…..

Professional refs answerable to SPFL. That's the way forward and declaring which team they support. They should also be available for after games interviews, and held accountable for any wrong decisions made by them and other officials.
I'd go further - shake up the entire system. Have one overall association responsible for running the sport, including referees. Cut out most of the leaches in blazers that suck out precious cash from the sport but who offer little positive as their main interest is in preserving things for their own benefit rather than for the good of the sport. Scottish football should no longer be run the same as a village bowling club!

As for referees, the dominance of the Lanarkshire Referees Association must be smashed. There are currently 14 local football authorities in Scotland but the LRA boasts 60% of the senior refs. Officials should be selected based on their ability rather than their hometown or handshake!

Referees need as much hrlp as possible because essentially they are trying to control two sets of 11 players who are constantly trying to gain advantages or cheat. Hopefully VAR can help but there is a problem up here that it will be manned by MIBs.

Rather than just have refs free to explain their decisions after matches, I'd prefer it if they were miked up and explained things as they went along. Like in rugby, fans, viewers and commentators would be able to listen in to the referee team's conversations and explanations for their decisions. Also, American Football umpires use a precisely defined set of hand signals accompanied by tannoy announcements clearly explaining why they made their decisions regarding penalties. It might not improve their decision making but at least it gets away from the frustrations we currently experience where we simply do not have a clue as to what baffling decision they have just made.

Was it the betting that caused Madhun to nearly go bankrupt? He's made a fortune since by refereeing some Champions' League/ Europa League and world cup matches or the like. Anyone who had a season ticket at the Crumbledome (I don't believe his denial) shouldn't be near matches involving us or them or any match that should affect us or them (eg sending off a player from another team the week before they play sevco) and any ref who appears at a hun pub to crow about a shit display in a derby shouldn't be near any match.

Was it the betting that caused Madhun to nearly go bankrupt? He's made a fortune since by refereeing some Champions' League/ Europa League and world cup matches or the like. Anyone who had a season ticket at the Crumbledome (I don't believe his denial) shouldn't be near matches involving us or them or any match that should affect us or them (eg sending off a player from another team the week before they play sevco) and any ref who appears at a hun pub to crow about a shit display in a derby shouldn't be near any match.
I actually believe Madhun when he answered no, he had never owned a season ticket for the bigotdome in that very carefully stage-managed puff piece interview by a very sympathetic BBC. I suspect that he was too busy on Saturdays to actually own a ST for his beloved Deadco FC.

However, the very obvious follow-up question as to whether he had ever supported a football team or attended Ibrokes - or any other ground - to cheer on a side (or indeed a holding company) was curiously overlooked and not asked by a supposed highly paid "journalist"! I wonder why (well, not really)?

Last edited:
They can't tell if they're in a Secret Society otherwise it wouldn't be a secret.

Members online

Latest posts

Back