They are the minority now!

Can I apologise to my distant Irish cousins before carrying on with this post? You see I'm a Scotsman with only a passing interest in whether or not Ireland becomes a unified nation again. I hope, if it's the wish of the majority, that they achieve their goal. For what it's worth, I feel it's only a matter of time.
However, I feel there's a level of disrespect to many Irishmen, and woman, who dedicated their lives to the cause of Irish independence, and who were not Roman Catholic.
Parnell, Emmet, aye, even the revered Theobald Wolf Tone. There are many more.
The desire for Irish freedom was, in fact, mostly protestant driven initially .
Over many years unionist politicians have used the pathetic soundbite....." home rule means Rome rule" to great effect. Sadly, there's a wee touch of it in our neck of the woods too!

Last edited:
Rangers Football Club believes that all fans should feel welcome and safe at football regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, race, faith, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic.

Rangers Football Club is committed to promoting equality, valuing diversity and combating unfair treatment throughout our organisation, supporters and staff.

We are absolutely committed to confronting and eliminating discrimination while at the same time promoting inclusion and celebrating diversity.:ROFLMAO:

We're on the one road
Sharing the one load
We're on the road to God knows where
We're on the one road

It may be the wrong road
But we're together now who cares
North men, South men, comrades all
Dublin, Belfast, Cork and Donegal
We're on the one road swinging along
Singing a soldier's song

Though we've had our troubles now and then
Now is the time to make them up again