Things that could stop the ten ?

Celtic Ghostie

My replies to my own questions are at the bottom. I hope you guys'll respond to each question separately
1. Is it just me or does anyone else think THEY pumped us in the final ( even though we won it ) and they dominated us on 29th December ( even though the stats said we did okay ) ?
2. Dec 12th 2017. I think we're 62 games into unbeaten run and playing shite for last three or four games Lusto clears off line in 87th minute to preserve unbeaten run - we AND the team go nuts as if we've won a major trophy
3. We laugh at THEM scraping the bargain bins for players while I see quality acquired cheaply in Barker, Kamara, Bassey, Davis, Arfield and Hagi to name a few.
4. I believe P.McG is more or less on the mark regarding THEIR trading status but money is coming in somewhere and King has apparently implied nefarious groups within the shareholders ?
MY replies.
1. Celtic by numbers 3 or 4 weeks ago indicated that they were closer to catching us than at any time in the last 4 ? seasons and after the winter break I think they lost Morelos, Arfield and Jack for a spell ( consider us without Broony, Calmac and Eddie )
So they're not as far out of the hunt as we think
2. I thought the pressure to maintain the run ( mainly by us ) eventually affected the teams performances badly and I fear the pressure to get the ten may do the same ( I hate the 10 in a row song )
3. I remember a former player telling me that Barcelona were great and knew they were great but he believed their humility and RESPECT for every opponent was their greatest strength. Are WE Fans becoming guilty of misplaced hubris and contempt for the opposition ?
4. They seem to be doing a Houdini with the finances and I believe if they can add a few dyed in the wool but skilful players like young Ferguson and Shankland and Dykes to their squad then we could have problems.
5. Wii the standards of officiating this year be cause for concern
6. Should I change my avatar to Celtic Doomsayer ? πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Yes they played well and with great energy in the cup final. Unfortunately for them Fraser was at his best and the longer the game went on the more desperate / despondent they became.
Yes protecting a record (of any sort) can become a chore. The fact that the players were rightly proud of their record and had the mental strength to dig in and scrap for a result is why we are currently chasing 10iar. Chasing the 10 will impose its own burden just as stopping it will impose a burden on sevco.
Some football fans are always guilty of bragging / hubris. Things are either hunky dory or completely catastrophic. There is no middle ground for these guys and yes we have them in our ranks too. It will never change.
The possible signings you have identified for them are little or no better than they have already. Nobody you have mentioned is a game changer who is going to dramatically improve their team. Unless Aberdeen are in dire financial straits they are highly unlikely to sell Ferguson to them for a fee that they can afford. Ditto Livingston and Dykes.
Officials are officials. Some are worse than others. If our bhoys play to their potential they can take incompetent officials out of the equation. This will demand great mental strength to perform in empty stadia in all sorts of weather week in,week out. The past nine seasons have shown that our bhoys are streets ahead of everyone else in this department. I have faith in NL and the back room staff to ensure that focus does not slip.
I am confident of the 10 because the main opposition are essentially financially hamstrung. This is not a time to be trying to offload players to finance a spending spree and SGs eye for a bargain is highly suspect. His best performers (McGregor, Tavernier, Jack and Morelos) were all at ibrox before SG.

My replies to my own questions are at the bottom. I hope you guys'll respond to each question separately
1. Is it just me or does anyone else think THEY pumped us in the final ( even though we won it ) and they dominated us on 29th December ( even though the stats said we did okay ) ?
2. Dec 12th 2017. I think we're 62 games into unbeaten run and playing shite for last three or four games Lusto clears off line in 87th minute to preserve unbeaten run - we AND the team go nuts as if we've won a major trophy
3. We laugh at THEM scraping the bargain bins for players while I see quality acquired cheaply in Barker, Kamara, Bassey, Davis, Arfield and Hagi to name a few.
4. I believe P.McG is more or less on the mark regarding THEIR trading status but money is coming in somewhere and King has apparently implied nefarious groups within the shareholders ?
MY replies.
1. Celtic by numbers 3 or 4 weeks ago indicated that they were closer to catching us than at any time in the last 4 ? seasons and after the winter break I think they lost Morelos, Arfield and Jack for a spell ( consider us without Broony, Calmac and Eddie )
2. I thought the pressure to maintain the run ( mainly by us ) eventually affected the teams performances badly and I fear the pressure to get the ten may do the same ( I hate the 10 in a row song )
3. I remember a former player telling me that Barcelona were great and knew they were great but he believed their humility and RESPECT for every opponent was their greatest strength. Are WE Fans becoming guilty of misplaced hubris and contempt for the opposition ?
4. They seem to be doing a Houdini with the finances and I believe if they can add a few dyed in the wool but skilful players like young Ferguson and Shankland and Dykes to their squad then we could have problems.

Awrite mate hows the world's oldest Ultra Ultra getting on πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

1. Zombies better team at hampden although we did play with 10 men for all the second half.In the league game we were poor and got what we deserved.

2.There will be pressure for the league to be won this season, I'm confident we have the bottle to complete the mission.

3 Can only speak for myself here....No..

4. I've argued for yrs with Zombies of my acquaintance that they should have bought or poached young Scottish talent and bring them on, they all wanted the quicΔ· fix of bye bye,Not many in that list would get a hoops Jersey.

Come back to the others l8r mate.

H.H

MY replies.
I dont see any of those things stopping us from the 10 , only Celtic can stop Celtic in my eyes. Complacency, which I dont see at CP right now, was once always our main enemy. I like the initiative shown by hammond to bring in an international keeper on a decent wage for the club, I like the look of our youngsters and the hunger they show to break into our side. I also believe that we could cope without broony, calmac and eddy given the players we have who could and would step up to fill those voids. Celtic have always filled voids pretty well. We are also the only Scottish club who aren't worried about our beancounting, shown by the €5 million signing of Barkas. This is the strongest Celtic squad I can remember since Seville and Larsson aside perhaps even stronger. The depth in quality is the key to the 10 our players are well used to pressure albeit this is a different pressure. Sevco may have been closer to us recent seasons but dont forget so were Aberdeen at one point. We dealt with those problems as we will this season. I dont believe for a second that lenny will allow any talk about the 10 from the players, itll be as you were 1 game at a time, I also believe that Celtic respect our domestic opposition more than any other Scottish club. So in my opinion only Celtic can stop Celtic, and right now we are getting stronger. Yes , being unable to retain FF was a blow but Bain, Barkas and Hazard will be ample cover, I'm positive our squad is and will continue to get stronger as we see our opponents sell off their best to balance books and pay wages. It's going to be a rollercoaster ride of a season no doubts. Weve already seen that losing to sevco doesnt derail us, makes us stronger and more determined if anything. Everyone at the club appears to be singing from the same hymn sheet and the fact that we are in this position speaks for itself. They are the club who are under the most intense pressure, how to stop the 10 whilst losing their best players and possibly/probably their manager. My biggest concern would be if they parted ways with slippy and brought in a manager who respects the scottish game and can get the best from his players. Slippy only respects continental clubs and their results in Europe mirror that. Domestically however is a different story, sloppy, sorry slippy doesnt respect the scottish top flight and hasnt learned to despite the humiliating results theyve had to Scotland's lesser clubs and that for me is their biggest downfall. They believe they have a god given right to win v Hamilton and hearts whilst we know from learned experience those clubs on their day can cause any Scottish club problems. If soro is all that we are being led to believe he is then I could see him and broony possibly rotate matches to keep broony fresh. Broony will be the driving force and main factor in our success as always, we may not or we may see another treble this season but I think we have a super squad and a super backroom team in place for this season. I also dont think that many games will be BCDs as fans are already starting to be let back into the stadiums in the UK. Even if its 5,000 spectators only, well that's like a typical away game to the majority of SPFL clubs anyway , itll be how the players handle that at CP I believe we will handle it well especially any youngsters like Walsh karamoko bolingoli etc as the pressure to perform in front of 60,000 will not be there. Maybe I should change my avatar to "I believe in Celtic " ? HH HWG 10IAR

Part 2 ..

5..Every yr, but it will be 10 fold this season πŸ˜‚.

6. Naw, Stay the world's oldest Ultra πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I dont see any of those things stopping us from the 10 , only Celtic can stop Celtic in my eyes. Complacency, which I dont see at CP right now, was once always our main enemy. I like the initiative shown by hammond to bring in an international keeper on a decent wage for the club, I like the look of our youngsters and the hunger they show to break into our side. I also believe that we could cope without broony, calmac and eddy given the players we have who could and would step up to fill those voids. Celtic have always filled voids pretty well. We are also the only Scottish club who aren't worried about our beancounting, shown by the €5 million signing of Barkas. This is the strongest Celtic squad I can remember since Seville and Larsson aside perhaps even stronger. The depth in quality is the key to the 10 our players are well used to pressure albeit this is a different pressure. Sevco may have been closer to us recent seasons but dont forget so were Aberdeen at one point. We dealt with those problems as we will this season. I dont believe for a second that lenny will allow any talk about the 10 from the players, itll be as you were 1 game at a time, I also believe that Celtic respect our domestic opposition more than any other Scottish club. So in my opinion only Celtic can stop Celtic, and right now we are getting stronger. Yes , being unable to retain FF was a blow but Bain, Barkas and Hazard will be ample cover, I'm positive our squad is and will continue to get stronger as we see our opponents sell off their best to balance books and pay wages. It's going to be a rollercoaster ride of a season no doubts. Weve already seen that losing to sevco doesnt derail us, makes us stronger and more determined if anything. Everyone at the club appears to be singing from the same hymn sheet and the fact that we are in this position speaks for itself. They are the club who are under the most intense pressure, how to stop the 10 whilst losing their best players and possibly/probably their manager. My biggest concern would be if they parted ways with slippy and brought in a manager who respects the scottish game and can get the best from his players. Slippy only respects continental clubs and their results in Europe mirror that. Domestically however is a different story, sloppy, sorry slippy doesnt respect the scottish top flight and hasnt learned to despite the humiliating results theyve had to Scotland's lesser clubs and that for me is their biggest downfall. They believe they have a god given right to win v Hamilton and hearts whilst we know from learned experience those clubs on their day can cause any Scottish club problems. If soro is all that we are being led to believe he is then I could see him and broony possibly rotate matches to keep broony fresh. Broony will be the driving force and main factor in our success as always, we may not or we may see another treble this season but I think we have a super squad and a super backroom team in place for this season. I also dont think that many games will be BCDs as fans are already starting to be let back into the stadiums in the UK. Even if its 5,000 spectators only, well that's like a typical away game to the majority of SPFL clubs anyway , itll be how the players handle that at CP I believe we will handle it well especially any youngsters like Walsh karamoko bolingoli etc as the pressure to perform in front of 60,000 will not be there. Maybe I should change my avatar to "I believe in Celtic " ? HH HWG 10IAR
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€ Great reply

Awrite mate hows the world's oldest Ultra Ultra getting on πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

1. Zombies better team at hampden although we did play with 10 men for all the second half.In the league game we were poor and got what we deserved.

2.There will be pressure for the league to be won this season, I'm confident we have the bottle to complete the mission.

3 Can only speak for myself here....No..

4. I've argued for yrs with Zombies of my acquaintance that they should have bought or poached young Scottish talent and bring them on, they all wanted the quicΔ· fix of bye bye,Not many in that list would get a hoops Jersey.

Come back to the others l8r mate.

H.H
Good to be back. Forgot ma' password !! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€

This will be Our 10....Every game should be treated like a cup final...We can do it....They have problems on the pitch...in the dressing room...financial...(did they get backpay, due Today I think)....and they are also mentally fecked up, esp Slippy and Moreless........We don't have any of that......This will be Our 10....HH

1.The LCF we played almost half of it with 10 men, could still be playing now, they wouldn’t have Scored, eddys comes on as sub, goldson shits himself, we score game over...
2.even when playing poorly or off form we find a way to win....that’s what winners do....
3.with the exception of possibly Hagi, none of the rest of them would even be squad players...
4.the money well has run dry, hence the glib and shameless one cutting and running, none of the existing shareholders (park etc) are in a position to pump money in as before, the debts/court cases are piled up, can only kick it down the road for so long, even the money launderers need a return in their β€œinvestmentsβ€œ, dykes, shankland and Ferguson all under long contracts, at least 2-3 million per player, more-or-less is unsettled will be even more huffier than usual, just watch the toys getting launched out the pram shortly....
5. Referees are all in the masons, they always has been, they always will be, until someone breaks the hold of the Lanarkshire referees association on our game.....

1.The LCF we played almost half of it with 10 men, could still be playing now, they wouldn’t have Scored, eddys comes on as sub, goldson shits himself, we score game over...
2.even when playing poorly or off form we find a way to win....that’s what winners do....
3.with the exception of possibly Hagi, none of the rest of them would even be squad players...
4.the money well has run dry, hence the glib and shameless one cutting and running, none of the existing shareholders (park etc) are in a position to pump money in as before, the debts/court cases are piled up, can only kick it down the road for so long, even the money launderers need a return in their β€œinvestmentsβ€œ, dykes, shankland and Ferguson all under long contracts, at least 2-3 million per player, more-or-less is unsettled will be even more huffier than usual, just watch the toys getting launched out the pram shortly....
5. Referees are all in the masons, they always has been, they always will be, until someone breaks the hold of the Lanarkshire referees association on our game.....
How tae stop the 10 ..... ban the number 10 or try whit the huns dae and ban football πŸ›‹πŸ–πŸ–πŸ˜‚

How tae stop the 10 ..... ban the number 10 or try whit the huns dae and ban football πŸ›‹πŸ–πŸ–πŸ˜‚
They tried that last season β€œ but, but it’s null and void, we could have caught them” in their dreams, more chance 3rd placed Motherwell would have caught them 🀣🀣 watch out, if we get of to a flyer, huns drop points all over the place, their WHOLE squad will suspiciously become infected with Covid-19, causing games to be cancelled/postponed giving the another null and void excuse 😱😑

MY replies.

6. AYE!

They tried that last season β€œ but, but it’s null and void, we could have caught them” in their dreams, more chance 3rd placed Motherwell would have caught them 🀣🀣 watch out, if we get of to a flyer, huns drop points all over the place, their WHOLE squad will suspiciously become infected with Covid-19, causing games to be cancelled/postponed giving the another null and void excuse 😱😑
TBH couldnae give a flying fuck about they cunts this season is all about us we perform we fuckin stroll it , no sayin that’s gonna happen but ...........πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€

Members online

Latest posts

Back