Thinking of my beautiful Mother today...

DILLIGAF

On this day in 1985, my beautiful mother passed away and it's ironic that it would be on the twelfth as she loved the Celtic & was supportive of me in travelling to watch Celtic
Her and my Dad, passed away within 4 years of each other, such was their great love for each other, she simply couldn't go on without him & although 'myocardial infarction' was on the death certifiate, a broken heart sounds more like it
Most people hate this day, me, even moreso
Thanks for your indulgence
HH

Attachments

• Mother .jpg
    Mother .jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 8
My own Ma' is 13-years away last St Paddy's Day, Dil.

Still smarts a bit, but I can still hear her chipping away when I inevitably screw up again.

As a parent and grandparent yourself, her wee light out there in the universe will look at how you and your family have addressed recent adversity and it will burn a wee bit brighter with pride in how you've all come through it.

You have displayed all of the values during this time that can only be learned at home. No school can teach you those values, only your kin can serve that lesson.

My thoughts are with your Ma and Da while they dance among the stars, Dil.

My own Ma' is 13-years away last St Paddy's Day, Dil.

Still smarts a bit, but I can still hear her chipping away when I inevitably screw up again.

As a parent and grandparent yourself, her wee light out there in the universe will look at how you and your family have addressed recent adversity and it will burn a wee bit brighter with pride in how you've all come through it.

You have displayed all of the values during this time that can only be learned at home. No school can teach you those values, only your kin can serve that lesson.

My thoughts are with your Ma and Da while they dance among the stars, Dil.
Geez SP, you have hit the mark with that one
I never said before, but you have a way with words my friend
I tend to agree with you about them always being around, helping you with tough decisions and 'guiding' you through this thing, called 'life'
Suffice to say, I have the best qualities of both and that is enough for me
My family know, they can count on me, as I could on my folks
Thanks buddy

On this day in 1985, my beautiful mother passed away and it's ironic that it would be on the twelfth as she loved the Celtic & was supportive of me in travelling to watch Celtic
Her and my Dad, passed away within 4 years of each other, such was their great love for each other, she simply couldn't go on without him & although 'myocardial infarction' was on the death certifiate, a broken heart sounds more like it
HH

Good looking lady D,

Not a day passes that i don’t think about my Dad. He was a very handsome guy.

Tbh i always loved having a huge family growing up but i fkn hate it now.

Too much pain to bear watching them all go.

Dilligaf. Today as with every year on this day will be tough for you and yours.
But if I can give some support from someone who lost their Mum at 18 (20 years next April) it's simply to remember the laughs, the hugs, the silly stuff and the time's however simple that it was just you and her. Moments only sons and Mums know. You'll have your own. Make sure you smile at those memories whenever you think of them and they stay ingrained, they never fade.
All the best to you and yours today.

Thank You Maria, appreciated
Yes, both were taken at a young age, due to heart attacks, while I was 6,000 miles away
I now focus my attention, on my immediate family and have instilled the values in them, that my folks passed on to me
HH

Thats all we can do D.

I learned to learn from their mistakes too but find myself making mistakes of my own and i see my own sons learning from those too.

For example; they respect the power of alcohol.

I’m very very far from perfect, i never claimed to be.

Wishing you the very very best at a difficult time.

Memories are to be cherished. ?

Dilligaf. Today as with every year on this day will be tough for you and yours.
But if I can give some support from someone who lost their Mum at 18 (20 years next April) it's simply to remember the laughs, the hugs, the silly stuff and the time's however simple that it was just you and her. Moments only sons and Mums know. You'll have your own. Make sure you smile at those memories whenever you think of them and they stay ingrained, they never fade.
All the best to you and yours today.
Thank You Niall
I'm a father & grandfather myself now, & agree with everything you say
I always think back fondly, on the things we did as a famiy unit
Nobody can erase those memorires and in times of crises, they are there to fall back on and help ease my mind
Best to everyone and theirs, for the future

Last edited:
HH

Dilligaf what a beautiful photograph of your Mother and thank you for sharing with us. It’s the memories that keeps them with us and so as others have said enjoy the happy times you had with your Mum.
My mum passed just 4 years ago next April at the grand old age of 93. She had a very hard life as many did in those days but her Catholic faith and her 6 children were her joy of joys. they have not gone far Dilligaf just another room.

HH
Beautiful post D ❤✌?☘

Dilligaf thank you for sharing your memories with us on this difficult day for you. I feel your pain and think of my late mum and dad every day.
I have their photo next to the bed and I kiss it before I go to sleep.
I talk to them sometimes too I’m sure people will think I’m nuts.
And as much as I miss them, I’m sure they are with me as I’m sure your mum is with you.
My thoughts are with you my friend
God bless
❤️

Members online

Latest posts

Back