This Celtic Board

monis1947

Every transfer window we are left with less and less, they sold 2 players for 27 million, what did we get in return 1 player at 9 million, a loan player and a free transfer this allowed the books to balance.

At least Fergus McCann Was an honest man who told us what to expect and he built Celtic on a strong foundation.
This is the foundation which we are built on at present, he did not try and rip us off, he told us what to expect and that was what we got. This board are modern day carpetbaggers.

Please do not be fooled they are not there for the Benefit of Celtic they are the for the money and we need a clear out, what we need is someone who truly loves what we are about.
It's so sad that what they stand for,hey we beat sevco on Sunday and they can move on, but all they will be doing is papering over the cracks, lets be honest when was the last time we enjoyed watching attacking football. We could only beat a Pub team on Thursday night, a team we should have blown away.
Dermot Desmond and his crony's should sell up and allow someone who truly loves Celtic to prosper. I am so sad to see what is going on. its time we hit them where it counts and boycott the sale of merchandise to show them we stand for Celtic not their pockets.

Last edited:
We don't count m8 the share price has just went up 18.5 percent so the majority shareholder and Lawell will all get their bonus and dividends. The days of fans running clubs is gone m8 we're in the American get rich F.. K success its unimportant era and it ain't coming back... Rant over HH

I know you are correct in what you say but to be on top and not put the final nail in well it does my blood pressure no good at all.

Every transfer window we are left with less and less, they sold 2 players for 27 million, what did we get in return 1 player at 9 million, a loan player and a free transfer this allowed the books to balance.

At least Fergus McCann Was an honest man who told us what to expect and he built Celtic on a strong foundation.
This is the foundation which we are built on at present, he did not try and rip us off, he told us what to expect and that was what we got. This board are modern day carpetbaggers.

Fergus was a Saint compared to many of them, he even told us he would walk away with a profit.

I have no time for some supposed Celtic saints, including one ex managers of ours a supposed Celtic fan but admits they have never gone to watch us once in over a decade and more since leaving!
Rather have a honest person who does not use the colours when suits them! Just manage and win forget the patronising BS.
Without going into it as its ancient history now, but I recall one ex manager who left the club
walk away with a 2 million share handshake, presumably some sort of bonus for losing the league that year!
Celtic has some genuine people who love the club playing for them and involved on the management but many are only at Celtic because it pays at the time.

No point even discussing with some fans who are mute to what goes on.
Remember last year reading some comments from the more naïve thinking it was great that equity (hedge) funds were investing in Celtic, showed how big we were compared to the zombie club who could not get any investors.

What we need is more forward thinking supporters, who can see bye pravda the voice of Parkhead.
Its time to stop just taking things at face value, remember when MON left we had to start again, and Lennon left because he had enough. We are not even a selling club anymore since Brendan has come we are a feeder club for the ELP. Where has our pride gone? are we that blind or is it we just don' care anymore as long as we beat Sevco. I always thought Celtic were special, I would love to see the support prove it. We might not be the major shareholders but we can control this beautiful club it we make the right decisions IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE OF CONTROL

Last edited:
At the time, I remember well stating that Fergus would be seen in true light only after he had gone.

The current board are financially motivated who are trying to move Celtic onto a different level, however, without putting any effort into playing staff.

Disco lights and a new hotel? Admirable but don't win games.

The simple fact is that, despite what Phil may say - and I like Phil - there is no conflict between Lawwell and Desmond. Lawwell has his full trust. Coupled with the fact that - irrespective of what that idiot from Lyon says - Lawwell is one of the most highly respected Executives within UEFA.

Now, here is the conundrum facing us at the minute.

Lawwell is a great asset to our club, in CERTAIN matters. On the playing front, he hasn't a feckin' clue. How he has gotten away with his actions for so long leaves the blame solely at the feet of Desmond.

The position is not irreversible. Either Desmond steps in and has direct input into the amount available for players - or appoints a new negotiator - or we continue to be an embarrassment on the recruitment front.

Brendan doesn't come out of this well either. Too many bought for 'potential'. Players who are SPFL ready are needed. Then, and only then, can they be improved upon for Europe.

It seems easy because IT IS!

The Board and Lawwell are millionaires,they have various interest over and above Celtic.
The average have Celtic supporter, have Celtic in their hearts and minds, and it is more than a football club to them. It is an integral part of our life, and we give unwavering support which is taken for granted.
At times it is hard to be critical, but we cannot keep quiet when we are treated in such an offhand manner.
WE are CELTIC, not the board or Lawwell or Brendan and they should be made aware of our feelings. It is time the supporters had a strong voice on the board who would speak for us.

The Board and Lawwell are millionaires,they have various interest over and above Celtic.
The average have Celtic supporter, have Celtic in their hearts and minds, and it is more than a football club to them. It is an integral part of our life, and we give unwavering support which is taken for granted.
At times it is hard to be critical, but we cannot keep quiet when we are treated in such an offhand manner.
WE are CELTIC, not the board or Lawwell or Brendan and they should be made aware of our feelings. It is time the supporters had a strong voice on the board who would speak for us.

I agree wholeheartedly, however, in life we usually find that supporters who align themselves with the board very often become puppets.

It's fine in theory but very different in reality.

That's why we need a strong voice while I am not advocating Chris Sutton, it would require someone of his ilk who is not afraid to speak his mind.

Congratulations to the Bhoys, it was great to watch, BRILLIANT, have a rest and come back on a good run, my week will be great regardless of other factors HAIL HAIL

Lawwell had to play nice when Brendan came in. At that stage we had an outgoing RD and the team wasnt performing as it should. Off the pitch the top tier was mostly closed but now BR success of CL Group money and cash in bank means Celtic to a lesser extent rely on our money in the short term. Without such success they need our cash down south fans are the window dressing.

Members online

Latest posts

Back