THIS IS DIRE

Like that boab but dire straits are when Sammy is taking Ricksen( the pit bull) oot for a walk and has to tell orangina there's no money for the weans shoes. ...OOFFT! ??

Dire straits
Rangers chairman Dave King has accused Celtic of trying to achieve victories off the pitch which their players could not manage on it as he claimed the oldco Ibrox club received no benefit from their discredited tax avoidance scheme...
King, a former oldco Rangers director, argued the club would still have signed all the players that received Employee Benefit Trust payments even if they had not used the scheme for much of the first decade of this century.
The claim was in direct contradiction to former chairman Sir David Murray’s recent assertion in court that EBTs “gave us an opportunity to get players that we perhaps would not be able to afford”.

What would he get at Arsenal if he left? The man is driving Celtic forward more than anyone I've ever seen ...Hotel the ground around Celtic park new superstore. Expanding and utilising every avenue for revenue streams that's the future. And that man is doing it. Worth every penny of his pay
try look beyond the present. HH

You make a good case for Peter Lawwell's salary - if he was in the EPL . At present he would be among the highest paid CEO's in that league . That is the point - this is Scotland - and yes , he has lead the club well . But I like others feel that he is more than handsomely compensated by his salary . Why then the need for a bonus ?
It is not being critical of Lawwell's financial running of the club to suggest that his salary should be more than adequate reward for his services - without the need for a bonus of twice his salary .

I noticed that Liverpool supporters were highly critical two years ago of their CEO's £1.2 million salary.

You make a good case for Peter Lawwell's salary - if he was in the EPL . At present he would be among the highest paid CEO's in that league . That is the point - this is Scotland - and yes , he has lead the club well . But I like others feel that he is more than handsomely compensated by his salary . Why then the need for a bonus ?
It is not being critical of Lawwell's financial running of the club to suggest that his salary should be more than adequate reward for his services - without the need for a bonus of twice his salary .

I noticed that Liverpool supporters were highly critical two years ago of their CEO's £1.2 million salary.
Take on board your points but when have you ever seen Celtic so strong. Sorry (Don't know your age) Peter lawell has done as fantastic job for Celtic.as regards other fans of there club's that's fine and well but do really understand what these guys get the big bucks for my guess is probably not.
Ask the chairmam if he's worth his pay Dermot is a billionaire you don't get a pay packet from a guy that thinks you don't add value....he didn't get Rich from giving money away. HH

I always dread the end of the season , the international breaks and any weekend when we are not playing ! O woe is me !!

Millsy O'Woe.....that name has a bit of an oriental ring to it.

Are you by any chance related to the O'Chings

It's not about being the richest club it's about Quality and sell on value. That's how we will continue to grow. You might not like this but Peter lawell is one of the best things to ever happen to Celtic best CEO in the game. know am gonna get slaughtered for this but it's true. HH☘☘

Incoming lol ?

Take on board your points but when have you ever seen Celtic so strong. Sorry (Don't know your age) Peter lawell has done as fantastic job for Celtic.as regards other fans of there club's that's fine and well but do really understand what these guys get the big bucks for my guess is probably not.
Ask the chairmam if he's worth his pay Dermot is a billionaire you don't get a pay packet from a guy that thinks you don't add value....he didn't get Rich from giving money away. HH

There's little doubt Peter Lawwell excels in many ways and deserves to be remunerated accordingly.

Where I struggle is there is a possible conflict on how he meets his KPI's to obtain said bonuses.

The Celtic balance sheet must obviously have to show a significant increase in turnover and profit for his bonus to kick in...and that leaves things open to criticism.....as some will say...rightly I believe....that PL can manipulate things to his own advantage monetarily wise to achieve said bonus...to the possible detriment of the playing side of things.

A valid argument I think and one that is used repeatedly to cause friction between us...much better if any bonus, if any...is locked in to the teams success on the park...that way everybody is singing from the same hymn sheet. Just my opinion of course

There's little doubt Peter Lawwell excels in many ways and deserves to be remunerated accordingly.

Where I struggle is there is a possible conflict on how he meets his KPI's to obtain said bonuses.

The Celtic balance sheet must obviously have to show a significant increase in turnover and profit for his bonus to kick in...and that leaves things open to criticism.....as some will say...rightly I believe....that PL can manipulate things to his own advantage monetarily wise to achieve said bonus...to the possible detriment of the playing side of things.

A valid argument I think and one that is used repeatedly to cause friction between us...much better if any bonus, if any...is locked in to the teams success on the park...that way everybody is singing from the same hymn sheet. Just my opinion of course
So let get this right you belive that PL manipulation of figures is what gets him his pay? And then Celtic go to a bona fide nomad then it's passed as correct within the parameters of company Law? If am wrong please accept my apologies....but your talking pish mucker! HH

So let get this right you belive that PL manipulation of figures is what gets him his pay? And then Celtic go to a bona fide nomad then it's passed as correct within the parameters of company Law? If am wrong please accept my apologies....but your talking pish mucker! HH

I think you should go back and read it again.

The criticism of PL's bonus is that it is benchmarked no doubt against KPI,s that are based on the profit/turnover of the PLC.

What I am suggesting is this leaves PL's bonus open to criticism as some will argue that PL would be possibly inclined to have one eye on his bonus when it comes down to budgeting on the playing side of things.

This is the perception imo at this time which is being manipulated by the SMSM and causing disharmony within our Support. Do you agree?

I went on to say I believe his bonus, if any, should be locked in to our success on the park and not solely driven by the turnover/profit the PLC makes.

The only success that most people would accept in my view would be winning the league title and qualification for the Champions League.

A big difference from what you thought I was alluding to.

I hope that clears things up

Millsy O'Woe.....that name has a bit of an oriental ring to it.

Are you by any chance related to the O'Chings

Ah , I have been outed !! My extended family from Peking recently attempted to take over this site but were thwarted by all the complaints from the posters on here .
We even put in a joke bid last year for More-or-less but were a little taken aback when the SMSM took it seriously ! Really ! They are so dumb !

I name you as Peter Lawwell ... and claim my £10 .

A couple of weeks without our beloved Celtic kicking a ball and we're all in the doldrums and running out of chat. Some threads on new signings and rumours have been the highlights, apart from the funny stories, so are we totally dumbstruck without the bhoys? If we've run out of conversation this quickly then I truly dread the end of the season.
Why are you dreading the end of the season Shamrock? You will hopefully be sunning it up, celebrating another treble and laughing at the blue noses! I will still talk to you. I might not be as regular as my bowels but I will still be here. Probably still moaning about corrupt officials and our lack of ambition but here none the less and most importantly CELEBRATING. Bring it on! ?

Spot on mate same clowns that can't see past there nose. Tell Stella am asking.??? HH☘☘

With respect TGS calling fellow tims clowns because they don't share your opinion of Lawell is poor. Of course it's right to recognise and applaud his achievements but it's equally right to highlight and criticise his failures. As long as the criticism is fair and legitimate then people should be free to voice it without being insulted.

If managers and players are fair game for criticism then why should CEOs and board members be immune?

HH.

Back