This wouldn't surprise me

SamTeàrlachH

Well, it's finally happened, things have got so low that I'm now thinking Andy Walker might not be 100% off the mark here. It actually crossed my mind when I first saw Celtic's formation on Tuesday night. The claim is that one of the incentives in Celtic playing, nay prioritising, Olivier Ntcham in the CL was basically to entice teams to bid for him. They were using it as a shop window for him. On a normal day, I'd just mutter expletives about how much of a cockhawk Andy Walker is, but these are not normal times. The decision to sacrifice our best midfielder, namely Callum McGregor, and shunt him out to left-back in a crucial game to make way for Olivier Ntcham was simply unfathomable.

Then Lenny tried to explain it. And he failed spectacularly. His explanation makes no sense. He claimed he wanted to fit as many 'technicians' as possible into our midfield, yet he sacrificed our BEST technician to pair Ntcham with Scott Brown. It doesn't make any rational or reasonable sense. Either Lenny just got it drastically wrong or there's another factor at play here - that factor could be that the club, realising that Ntcham's stock had somewhat slumped over the past year, wanted to showcase his talents to potential suitors. Obviously this can never be proven, but if it was, it would constitute gross negligence and incompetence and malfeasance on the part of Peter Lawwell, the Celtic board and, most sad of all, Neil Lennon. It could be nonsense, of course. But anything is possible with our club it seems.

Here's the story:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/08/...non-only-played-celtic-ace-oliver-ntcham-aga/

Well, it's finally happened, things have got so low that I'm now thinking Andy Walker might not be 100% off the mark here. It actually crossed my mind when I first saw Celtic's formation on Tuesday night. The claim is that one of the incentives in Celtic playing, nay prioritising, Olivier Ntcham in the CL was basically to entice teams to bid for him. They were using it as a shop window for him. On a normal day, I'd just mutter expletives about how much of a cockhawk Andy Walker is, but these are not normal times. The decision to sacrifice our best midfielder, namely Callum McGregor, and shunt him out to left-back in a crucial game to make way for Olivier Ntcham was simply unfathomable.

Then Lenny tried to explain it. And he failed spectacularly. His explanation makes no sense. He claimed he wanted to fit as many 'technicians' as possible into our midfield, yet he sacrificed our BEST technician to pair Ntcham with Scott Brown. It doesn't make any rational or reasonable sense. Either Lenny just got it drastically wrong or there's another factor at play here - that factor could be that the club, realising that Ntcham's stock had somewhat slumped over the past year, wanted to showcase his talents to potential suitors. Obviously this can never be proven, but if it was, it would constitute gross negligence and incompetence and malfeasance on the part of Peter Lawwell, the Celtic board and, most sad of all, Neil Lennon. It could be nonsense, of course. But anything is possible with our club it seems.

Here's the story:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/08/...non-only-played-celtic-ace-oliver-ntcham-aga/

It didnae really work out, did it?

In times of turmoil, I am always highly skeptical of the ensuing rush to fill the vacuum of what’s going on.

There has surfaced allegations, many narratives and downright heresay from various quarters, to fill the gaps, create an impression of inside knowledge, where shadowy sources claim this that and the next thing.

This story fits this phenomenon. On the face of it, there seems to be a plausible aspect to it. Lawell’s love of a pound note. The CL being a bigger shop window etc. but it has major flaws too.

1. If Lawell wanted to put him in the shop window then wait until we are in the shop.
2. Lenny, whose neck was already in a loosely fitting noose as soon as he finished his pish after the final and agreed to become manager. Knowing what failure meant.
3. Knowing that failure this year would mean the rolling contract rolled no more. Why jeopardise or even accelerate calls for his head if they lost? Which we did and those calls are getting louder.
4. If Lawell wanted top dollar, a game against a shit euro team wasn’t going to have big clubs rushing.
5. No matter what we might have got for Ntcham, that would be no more that a quarter of the CL gold.
And
6. Walkers a twat.

We need evidence and should always reject stuff on face value. Back it up of fuck off is my view to all those who promote a theory of what’s going on. Walker especially.

An interesting subplot in a ongoing torrent of subplots.

One thing though, I loved the use of the word malfeasance. As a lover of the language, I applaud its inclusion.

Think the story is shit though and will until actual evidence is produced.

Having said that, did you hear Lenny had a set too in Lawell’s office with both Lawell and Desmond regarding the buying of Boli and Julien? It all kicked off after the game. Lenny at one point was trying to rip Desmond’s tash off and was only saved when Lawell knocked Lenny the fuck out with a bag of English gold that just arrived from London.

Straight up. As god is my witness. Keep it to yourself though.

I’ve already said too much.

Here's the story:

Here's the story:

I don't believe it for a moment, but can honestly say I cannot figure any logical explanation for Lenny's reason for that starting eleven.

Cut out the crap jargon Lenny. It was never your way, so please do not start now and let yourself down. You are better than that. Also never try to defend the indefensible. Your decision making in selection and game management was poor. Be honest and accept it. PS. I love you to bits and hope desperaty that you succeed.

I don't believe it for a moment, but can honestly say I cannot figure any logical explanation for Lenny's reason for that starting eleven.
Neither can i ,one cancelled the other out so the pish about having 2 technicians doesnt hold water

More a case of my game plan was good in my head but fell apart on the field

If Lennons not identifying transfers and if what has come out Maloney and Kennedys advice was sought for the purchase of Boli and julie

Then that sort of undermines the manager ,maybe he didn't pick the team

something not right in whats being revealed the last few days

Cut out the crap jargon Lenny. It was never your way, so please do not start now and let yourself down. You are better than that. Also never try to defend the indefensible. Your decision making in selection and game management was poor. Be honest and accept it. PS. I love you to bits and hope desperaty that you succeed.

+1

Only an embittered soul would want him to fail for the simple reason. He falls we all do.

Join the club. It was his greatest ballsup in his whole managerial career. Let’s hope it’s his last. Or it literally will be. With us anyway.

Ntcham was one of the players who got pass marks from me in that game, along with Jamesy, Corpus, Elhamed and Eddie.

Thought he looked his typical casual self, watch him here ineffectively mark no one and trot back and around in his own time for their 3-3 equalizer.
from 1:45
If! we can get in a genuine midfield terrier like a younger Broony then happy to see him sold, fed up with his turning up when he wants to, don't doubt he is a great talent, but a lot of great talents actually produce little work of obvious talent.

sitonfence says:

August 15, 2019 at 2:17 pm

I contend it will be apparent on Saturday. I would be surprised if more than 15,000 turn up after this debacle. This could all turn ugly very quickly for Lennon who refuses to accept that he is culpable. A poor performance next Thursday followed by an Old Firm defeat would result in the corresponding away tie deciding his fate. At which point Lawwell would have to make a decision.

Johnjames doing his usual pish. BTW if 15000 do turn up for a Dunfermline game that will be a good crowd and i anticipate made upof families who want to take the youingsters to a game, Celtic fans have been feeling the pinch with fixtures in Europe coming thick and fast and TBH the crowd will only be a refelection of diehards not been able to spend all their money on the football. Typical anticipated see i told you clickbait shite and turn it into a story.

I think the last couple of days everyone's been searching for some logic and reason for what took place on Tuesday night and there are people outwith only to willing to drip poison into our ears to create tension and cause division......I never trusted a word out of Walker's mouth before Tuesday night and I'm certainly no going to start now. I'm not buying it not for a second.

Walker is NO friend to Celtic never forget that!

Back