Through the wind, through the rain - Be proud of this great travelling Celtic support

The one think I've noticed now 12 years out of Scotland is our team and league often get a varied level of respect, but when you talk to fans of other clubs in England they have a real respect for our support. They might not always like us of course :)
but they respect the way our support backs the team.

The one think I've noticed now 12 years out of Scotland is our team and league often get a varied level of respect, but when you talk to fans of other clubs in England they have a real respect for our support. They might not always like us of course :)
I'm hopeful and also very confident that the team will produce the goal for the support at the ko stage weve been craving since the kings strike away to boavista, its unreal to think that was our last ko stage away goal and the supporters deserve it HH

Great piece Niall, I like tae try & get tae at least 3 or 4 away games a season generally make it a day out(not having the grandkids with us) carry oot on the train, game, then something eat & more beer, already been tae Hamilton, Motherwell & Hearts, hoping tae get tae Hibs & St Johnstone(Scottish Cup)

Most hate us because of the IRA stuff. They may respect we turn up in numbers and are fanatical, but they think every fan sings these songs. The amount of times when in England talking about football, Provo songs come up is unreal.

I wish we would lay off them too, especially away games when the team needs lifted instead of dirge after dirge about how everything will be great whilst Ireland has a son etc. They songs inspire no cunt on the park. Ever.

When we are signing Celtic songs though, the world's best by far.

Most hate us because of the IRA stuff. They may respect we turn up in numbers and are fanatical, but they think every fan sings these songs. The amount of times when in England talking about football, Provo songs come up is unreal.

I wish we would lay off them too, especially away games when the team needs lifted instead of dirge after dirge about how everything will be great whilst Ireland has a son etc. They songs inspire no cunt on the park. Ever.

When we are signing Celtic songs though, the world's best by far.
Couldn't agree more tv the English will never in a million years entertain us in their divisions if we sing pro-ira songs whatever the rights and wrongs of the matter are no chance

Couldn't agree more tv the English will never in a million years entertain us in their divisions if we sing pro-ira songs whatever the rights and wrongs of the matter are no chance

I hate listening to them when the team needs a lift. It's self indulgent bollocks. We are Glasgow Celtic not the Belfast Brigade. Be political all you want, but not at the games please. It's about the only thing I agree with Lawell about. Those who hate us use them as a way to balance us with Sevco. And they are not rousing football songs. I wish we could ditch them. Keep them for the pub or the bus, or better still.a Republican March. That would be a change. The recent Bloody Sunday march had only a couple of hundred attend. Probably more Loyalist counter demonstrators. Go there in numbers and at least I wouldn't think you don't really care that much. So I can't agree about the away support if it's seven Provo dirges to one Celtic song. Get behind the team and sing about them 7 to 1. Lenny is from NI and he said he would prefer we didn't, called it embarressing. The team need the support singing and willing on the team, especially in this run in. I hope they do. We need them.

Can't say it's never been mentioned TV but considering how much football I've been to down here and how many fans of different clubs I've come across i've had it no more than 5 or 6 times. That may be out of politeness or ignorance I don't know.
That's not to say it wouldn't become an issue if we ever took part in the league down here, but considering over 10 of those years I spent following Brentford on a fairly regular basis in London (a place you'd think would have a lot to say about it given there own history with it) I've rarely seen it impact most peoples overall impression of the club or support.

Great piece Niall, I like tae try & get tae at least 3 or 4 away games a season generally make it a day out(not having the grandkids with us) carry oot on the train, game, then something eat & more beer, already been tae Hamilton, Motherwell & Hearts, hoping tae get tae Hibs & St Johnstone(Scottish Cup)
My boy has just turned 5 and he's getting more and more into Celtic (mainly of course because it's something he sees I want him to get into I think). Hoping to get him to his first game either at end of this season or a pre-season game in the summer. Once he's hooked we'll be up that road far more often. He comes up now but he doesn't want to go to the games yet so he gets left to play with the wee cousins etc. Look forward to him slowly but surely getting into it. I still look back on happy times going to games with my grandfather (the J in Niall J). Hope to have that with him. No pressure of course!
Need Champions league fitba though. Sunday games are a pisser for travelling

Aberdeens always a great day out great atmosphere been undercover a few times pity they can't see sense and fill their stadium ,would make it even better just ask
st johnstone who see the financial rewards are worth it

Aberdeens always a great day out great atmosphere been undercover a few times pity they can't see sense and fill their stadium ,would make it even better just ask
st johnstone who see the financial rewards are worth it
Spot on with the tickets it's utter madness.
Got up the road for Lazio, Aberdeen, St Mirren games tail end of October as I was up for half term visiting family. Got very lucky with main stand tickets for Pittodrie thanks to a pal who was temping for a firm that sponsor them, but it was meant to be a neutral area anyway so not such a bad thing-but I've been in that Dick Donald stand and not felt quite as safe:)

Members online

Latest posts

Back