Tierney Threads Merged

Lubos left peg

I dont listen to the SMSM. When they link our players with English clubs it's usually just a tactic to unsettle them but I'm starting to get a bit worried.
A few of my Arsenal mates down south have been talking about him a lot. They are saying their club has had a bid rejected but will be coming back with an improved offer.
Could we really lose Tierney this summer???
I really hope not.

It’s in the paper that we have rejected it. £15m? Somebody woke up the day a decided to have a laugh.

I don’t think he will leave until after 10 at the earliest.

Hopefully that's where my mates have got their info TV. There has been chat by them about Tierney since the last summer window. They were talking about Arsenal making a bid for him. They were telling me this while I was on site with them this morning. Like I said, when it's our esteemed sports "journalists" making these claims then I ignore. Just got me a bit worried as, as far as I'm aware, they dont read the Daily Rectum. This info they have picked up while chatting amongst other arsenal fans.

Hopefully that's where my mates have got their info TV. There has been chat by them about Tierney since the last summer window. They were talking about Arsenal making a bid for him. They were telling me this while I was on site with them this morning. Like I said, when it's our esteemed sports "journalists" making these claims then I ignore. Just got me a bit worried as, as far as I'm aware, they dont read the Daily Rectum. This info they have picked up while chatting amongst other arsenal fans.

It’s meant to unsettle us. I would love Kieran come out and say he’s got unfinished business as is going nowhere, the same with Calumn.

He's not asking to go but if the club tell him that they have accepted an offer for him he'll have little choice. A year ago we were being told by Rodgers that it would be morally wrong to stop a player going to earn fortunes in England as Lawwell was busy trying to coax £25m out of Everton. Had they agreed the price he'd have been away and the usual suspects would have been 'selling' it as a great piece of business to the support.

He's not asking to go but if the club tell him that they have accepted an offer for him he'll have little choice. A year ago we were being told by Rodgers that it would be morally wrong to stop a player going to earn fortunes in England as Lawwell was busy trying to coax £25m out of Everton. Had they agreed the price he'd have been away and the usual suspects would have been 'selling' it as a great piece of business to the support.
I'm a confirmed board apologist, but that doesn't mean that I don't have some axes to grind.

I can't pretend to understand the business world, but I think our board have to be careful not to understand the emotional and human aspect of players like Kieran Tierney.

Every Celtic fan is living their dream vicariously through this impressive young man.

If he is ever perceived as a "commodity" then that's when my apologising and goodwill ends.

He is not an asset, he is the personification of our Club and should not be regarded as anything other than a symbol of who we are and what we represent.

If the day comes when KT decides to move on to pastures new, then it should be solely on his terms and conditions. Not on the requirements of a financial audit.

I'm a confirmed board apologist, but that doesn't mean that I don't have some axes to grind.

I can't pretend to understand the business world, but I think our board have to be careful not to understand the emotional and human aspect of players like Kieran Tierney.

Every Celtic fan is living their dream vicariously through this impressive young man.

If he is ever perceived as a "commodity" then that's when my apologising and goodwill ends.

He is not an asset, he is the personification of our Club and should not be regarded as anything other than a symbol of who we are and what we represent.

If the day comes when KT decides to move on to pastures new, then it should be solely on his terms and conditions. Not on the requirements of a financial audit.

100% agree, great post.
HH

Back