Tierney

SamTeàrlachH

I'm actually not one for obsessively following the careers of our former players, but, like most Celtic fans, I can't deny the affection I have for Kieran Tierney. I was critical of his move - one aspect of that criticism was the team he was leaving us for. Sure, Arsenal adorn him with riches far beyond the riches we were giving him, but I don't believe Arsenal are a football club in the ascendancy. They're pretty much the same kind of side that they were in the bad old days of Arsene Wenger - weak and tactically flaky.

But another problem I had was Unai Emery. He's an erratic and hardcore stubborn manager who has been known to bench players based on misplaced loyalty to 'established' names and he often makes a point of ignoring fan opinion - this was a major part of the criticism of him at PSG. His unwillingness to play Tierney in the EPL is evident of this, what with Emery coming out and saying that Tierney's main rival for the LB, namely Sead Kolasinac, who is average at best, has done nothing to be dropped. Arsenal have just been done 1-0 by Sheffield United, in a game in which the pretty woeful John Fleck was given 'Man of the Match'.

They are a team with a weak and at times comically bad defence. What keeps them afloat is the attacking proficiency of Aubameyang. The fact Emery refuses to even use KT as a sub doesn't bode well for him. It wouldn't surprise me if Emery doesn't fancy him due to fear of dropping the more established, but in my opinion inferior, Kolasinac, and thus he'll severely limit his involvement to domestic cup competitions and the Europa League group stages.

Again, it's not any kind of concern for Celtic fans. But it would be sad for one the best prospects our club has produced, and one of the best Scottish players, to be lost among the heaps of dung that Arsenal finds itself mired in.

I'm actually not one for obsessively following the careers of our former players, but, like most Celtic fans, I can't deny the affection I have for Kieran Tierney. I was critical of his move - one aspect of that criticism was the team he was leaving us for. Sure, Arsenal adorn him with riches far beyond the riches we were giving him, but I don't believe Arsenal are a football club in the ascendancy. They're pretty much the same kind of side that they were in the bad old days of Arsene Wenger - weak and tactically flaky.

But another problem I had was Unai Emery. He's an erratic and hardcore stubborn manager who has been known to bench players based on misplaced loyalty to 'established' names and he often makes a point of ignoring fan opinion - this was a major part of the criticism of him at PSG. His unwillingness to play Tierney in the EPL is evident of this, what with Emery coming out and saying that Tierney's main rival for the LB, namely Sead Kolasinac, who is average at best, has done nothing to be dropped. Arsenal have just been done 1-0 by Sheffield United, in a game in which the pretty woeful John Fleck was given 'Man of the Match'.

They are a team with a weak and at times comically bad defence. What keeps them afloat is the attacking proficiency of Aubameyang. The fact Emery refuses to even use KT as a sub doesn't bode well for him. It wouldn't surprise me if Emery doesn't fancy him due to fear of dropping the more established, but in my opinion inferior, Kolasinac, and thus he'll severely limit his involvement to domestic cup competitions and the Europa League group stages.

Again, it's not any kind of concern for Celtic fans. But it would be sad for one the best prospects our club has produced, and one of the best Scottish players, to be lost among the heaps of dung that Arsenal finds itself mired in.
Why pay 25 mill but actually go out your way to get a player and then not use him.

KT will be a regular soon enough ,dont think he's fully recovered yet either,as another poster said earlier Robertson was the same at Liverpool with that diddy Moreno startin in front of him ,unthinkable now though HH

watched most of it Sam,Arsenal's attacks were mostly through the middle and the right, which Sheffield dealt comfortably with, so if the players don't trust Kolasinic, why not put KT on, they were losin anyway,but hey, what the feck dae we know!!!! HH

KT will be a regular soon enough ,dont think he's fully recovered yet either,as another poster said earlier Robertson was the same at Liverpool with that diddy Moreno startin in front of him ,unthinkable now though HH

He played the whole 90 against Notts Forest in the league cup and Standard Liege in the EL. Emery has said he is 100% match fit, but that he can't drop Kolasinac. So it's definitely not a question of fitness - Klopp's particular system of play requires easily the most ruthless fitness regime in England if not the world. Robertson was adapting to that and the tactical mode that Klopp plays. It's not the same at Arsenal. They're tactically inept and field players who seem unfit even when they're fully fit (Xhaka). KT more than ready.

KT will be a regular soon, he cannot be ignored with the natural talent he's got. Not a fan of Emery either, the way he's treated Ozil is nothing short of madness, seems a very one dimension coach.
KT will breeze thro his time at the Arse's n then get his move to a real team that deserves him.

KT will be a regular soon, he cannot be ignored with the natural talent he's got. Not a fan of Emery either, the way he's treated Ozil is nothing short of madness, seems a very one dimension coach.
KT will breeze thro his time at the Arse's n then get his move to a real team that deserves him.
Better than any of they diddys he's playing beside,Luiz Mustafi Bellerin🙈 their keeper must be a nervous reck 😆 hope you're right about him gettin a bigger move and we see him winnin trophies again.

Watched him in his debute and the standard game ,they do play a system that would suit Tirneys strengths ,Arsenal don't play as a team they play as individuals everyone of them if you want to see how money ruined football just watch Arsenal a whole collective of useless egos

I understand why folk want to keep tabs on how he's getting on but in the great scheme of things I couldn't give a flying what happens to him now. He was utterly adored by our support and he fecked off, chasing money. Frankly, I couldn't care if he got injured and ended his career. He could've been a legend for us but now he's just another in a long line of players who thought the grass was greener. Like Nicholas. Hell mend him, he's nothing to me now.

Came across as a bit bitter that didn't it? I might need to work on that eh? 😂

Maybe. Maybe not. I don't think that KT's case is that clear-cut. I don't think it's all about the money. I, for one, mistakenly thought he would stay despite the offer from Arsenal, but I have a hunch that with the extent of his injuries, he may not have such a long career, and he's getting what he can from clubs that are willing to overspend.

I hate the idea that he's playing for someone else, but I get it. I still like the lad, and like lennono, I will keep following him, in the same way I occasionally look in on KAA Gent to keep tabs on Mikael Lustig (still hated to see him go).

Maybe. Maybe not. I don't think that KT's case is that clear-cut. I don't think it's all about the money. I, for one, mistakenly thought he would stay despite the offer from Arsenal, but I have a hunch that with the extent of his injuries, he may not have such a long career, and he's getting what he can from clubs that are willing to overspend.

I hate the idea that he's playing for someone else, but I get it. I still like the lad, and like lennono, I will keep following him, in the same way I occasionally look in on KAA Gent to keep tabs on Mikael Lustig (still hated to see him go).
Still check up on how kts doing he was developed at celtic why not , no bitterness in him going it's a short career once your in the limelight , same with Lustiq knew he had to go but the way he got shoved out the door was out of order

Members online

No members online now.

Back