Time to move on....quickly

Everyone's gutted about losing out to cluj a side we'd have beaten with the proper line up , even a back 3 wouldve pushed home our advantage. It's gone now and there was no guarantee we'd have got past slavia. What is definate is the massive games we have coming up now. AIK hearts sevco, we all have to return to the default setting of behind the club. I've seen far darker days and weeks in the past. I have faith in the team if they're not played out of position. We must be united on all fronts else we are handing over the incentive to the nae' sayers and there's plenty of them. 1 defeat doesn't make our season. We must move on and quickly. HH
You sound like a sevco supported, a sheep being blindly led. In the most important game in the early part of the season and he's playing players out of position, what makes you think he won't do it again in our next important game?
This transfer window is going the typical PL way of sell our best player and bring no-one in with " we wanted to spend money but no-one would take it ". We have just spent £7m on a CB who canny get a game and £3m on a LB who got dropped for a midfielder. Who bought these players NL or PL

Problem is Larry, Lenny doesn't think he made any mistakes, so what will he learn from this?

I would bet that he knows he fucked up, and has has learned from this, and has not publicly stated it for whatever reason he might have. Pride? Ego? Who knows? It's stupid, in my opinion, that he didn't just come out and say, "Hey, I fucked up, and that played a large part in why we lost," and leave it at that. But I'm not Lenny, so *shrug* . . . .

I would bet that he knows he fucked up, and has has learned from this, and has not publicly stated it for whatever reason he might have. Pride? Ego? Who knows? It's stupid, in my opinion, that he didn't just come out and say, "Hey, I fucked up, and that played a large part in why we lost," and leave it at that. But I'm not Lenny, so *shrug* . . . .
Aye, I don't understand this part of the fiasco. We all know he fucked up so just admit it! Then try to move on.

There's too many things gone wrong here to work out simple solutions.

The common denominator through all these failures is PL as far as I'm concerned.

NL and the team need the fans backing 100%, to not do that gives our opponents manna from heaven.
Lenny should have put his hands up and admitted he got it wrong, protected his players and would have gained more respect than he possibly had before the match, everyone makes mistakes.
He's compounded the problem, probably isolated a few players that needed his backing, and left everyone wondering if he really watched the same match as we did.
Of the qualities NL has, i'm really surprised he didn't take the hit!

Perhaps NL didn't play Boli in case he slipped up again like he did for the Cluj goal in Romania then NL would have got roasted for that.Even if he only has a cursory glance at the blogs and forums he must see the main grievance which is; only play people who are experienced in that position in crucial games against decent opposition because if they get a decision wrong that an experienced player in that position wouldn't then you are to blame. He isn't admitting it but I'm sure he will not make that mistake twice.
I think we all underestimated Cluj tbh, everyone was just wondering how many goals we would win by and maybe NL did to that's why he thought CM would be OK at LB as Cluj are nothing special but they were a big step up from St Jhnstn and M'Well.
Celtic were incredible up front, the pace and reactions were so fast and the goals were excellent they could not have done more. We just need to get a solid formidable big wall of a defence that is reliable and fast to shut off all attacks. This area needs to be the main focus of serious intense training before the Swedes come to town.
BTW the atmosphere at Celtic Park was incredible really amazing ( My first Celtic game since my Dad took me to see Leeds Utd in 1970,i was 4) I loved it apart from the last 20 mins now I want to keep going back and try for a season ticket next year, what a place.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Noise, Ceilteach Creag Mhor!

You know, it will be left to speculation why a lot of things went wrong in that game. I think Boli has a lot of potential, and he looked like he was improving up to the Cluj game, so maybe at some point, Lenny might have maybe subbed him in. Same with Jullien. They will be talking about this one for quite some time, but it's time to refocus.

One thing that has seemed to have escaped the maelstrom of sorrow and greeting over Tuesday is how well Hatem Abd Elhamed has been playing over the last several games since joining Celtic. His speed is awesome and his range for a defender is pretty wide. From what I saw of the game on Tuesday, I thought he was one of the bright spots.

You sound like a sevco supported, a sheep being blindly led. In the most important game in the early part of the season and he's playing players out of position, what makes you think he won't do it again in our next important game?
This transfer window is going the typical PL way of sell our best player and bring no-one in with " we wanted to spend money but no-one would take it ". We have just spent £7m on a CB who canny get a game and £3m on a LB who got dropped for a midfielder. Who bought these players NL or PL
Explain to me how I , whilst saying we should move on quickly as the season demands it, makes me sound like a sevco supporter. At the same time you post a whinging post almost a week later. It's taken you all this time to state what was stated after 5min of the 90.

Members online

Latest posts

Back