Tom Rogic and Nir Bitton

Gary67

Club confirms both will be leaving this summer

Celtic has announced that long-term servants Tom Rogic and Nir Bitton will be leaving Celtic at the end of the season after being with the club for nearly 10 years – with tomorrow's match at Celtic Park being their last for the club.

Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou said: “While we are very sad to see both Tom and Nir leave the club, we totally respect their decisions in wanting to seek a different challenge in football, having both played their part in our success for the past decade.

“They have certainly made such a tremendous contribution to Celtic over such a long and successful period for the club and I understand that in their minds the time is right to move on.

“I am sure they will leave with the sincere best wishes of our supporters having given so much of themselves to Celtic.

“From a personal perspective, as well as being very talented players, both Tom and Nir are top guys who have supported me brilliantly this year, in my first season – and again played a big role in this season’s success.

'It is fitting that they leave Celtic as champions.'
“Of course we will miss them, but we wish both Tom and Nir, and their families, great success in everything they do.”

Tom said: “I want to sincerely thank everyone at the club and all our supporters for everything that has been given to me while I have been at Celtic. It has been a phenomenal journey, with some magical moments - it has been an honour to be a part of this experience.

'It has been a privilege to play for the Celtic supporters, the best in football I have ever experienced and the great times I have been part of will stay with me forever.'
“While I am so sad to leave, I feel so proud to be part of a team that has delivered the title again for our fans. The club is in a great position and I know the manager will take the club on and deliver more and more success.”

“Celtic will always be in my heart and part of my life and I wish the club and our fans nothing but success for the future.”

Nir added: “When I came to Celtic I never thought I would be part of such exciting times and it truly has been amazing to be part of such a great club.

“I have worked with some great managers and team-mates and I thank them all for those times and all we achieved together.”

'We have dominated the game here for so long and now this year as champions we have done it again, something us as players and supporters we should all be really proud of.'
“After a season of real hard work, when many never gave us a chance, we are champions again – the whole squad, manager and our staff were determined to deliver this to our fans.

“I want to thank everyone at the club and our fans for the support I have received during my time at Celtic and I wish the club absolute success for the future.”

Sadly, the Celtic heroes will say their goodbyes to the massed ranks of the Hoops support at Saturday’s Trophy Day presentation.

Both have given over nine years of service to the Celts and have amassed an amazing 34 trophy wins between them over that time.

First to join was Australian internationalist Rogic, who signed from Central Coast Mariners during the January window of 2013, having just turned 20-years-old a month earlier and he made his Celtic debut a month later.

That was the first of 271 games during which he netted 46 goals while picking up no fewer than six championship medals, five Scottish cups and five League Cups for a 16-medal haul.

Israeli internationalist, Bitton joined in the summer of the same year from FC Ashdod and made his debut in the San Siro against AC Milan in the UEFA Champions League in September.

Having remarkably similar playing stats to Rogic, that game was the first of 269, during which he scored 14 goals and he picked up eight title medals, four Scottish Cups and six League Cups taking him to a medal tally of 18.

The best wishes of everyone at the club goes to both players and we wish them every success in their future careers, we are sure they will get the Celtic send-off they fully deserve as the champions take their bow at Paradise tomorrow.

I knew it was coming and perhaps they are both bowing out at the right time for them and us, but it still makes me sad to see to fantastic servants leave us.

However with phase 2 about to start maybe just maybe they both know that its time to move on.

To Nir and Tom thank you both for your service and good luck in the future.

YNWA guys.

Two great servants of the Club who go with best wishes and bowing out as champions again.
They both created debate in their lengthy time here but their contributions cannot be denied.
Whilst a feeling of sadness their is also a feeling of satisfaction for a career well spent and excitement for the evolution that inevitably follows. Thanks bhoys and good luck for the future. 🍀

Looks like we’re freeing up some amount of money losing Tom and Nir and I would bet on a few more going too…..that along with the guaranteed Champions League income just may suggest we are going to bring in some new signings that are the finished article…..in Ange we trust…

Members online

Latest posts

Back