Tom Rogic

Imatim

Has apparently broke his hand in the Australia v Jordan game which Australia lost in a shock result 1-0

Anyone else think Arnold and the Australian Football Federation are on the nose after refusing to let TR stay an added 2 days to allow him to play against Sevco and to make matters worse they have him sitting in the stand for the initial game?

Has apparently broke his hand in the Australia v Jordan game which Australia lost in a shock result 1-0

Anyone else think Arnold and the Australian Football Federation are on the nose after refusing to let TR stay an added 2 days to allow him to play against Sevco and to make matters worse they have him sitting in the stand for the initial game?
big tam's spat the dummy oot!!!!

I think if you sign foreign players you know the rules around releasing them for their country. Australia just exercised their rights How were they to know whether injuries etc would have left them needing him for the first game. Nothing new in this— all been gone through before with Africa Cup

I think if you sign foreign players you know the rules around releasing them for their country. Australia just exercised their rights How were they to know whether injuries etc would have left them needing him for the first game. Nothing new in this— all been gone through before with Africa Cup

The first game was a friendly and Tom Rogic watched it from the stand.

All we asked for was a 2 day delay in the call up to allow Tom to play against Sevco.

Tom was never playing the first game so surely they could have allowed him a couple of days grace?

Suppose Australia had allowed our request though? That gives the green light for any club to say they’ve got an important game coming up and ask for a few more days. Australia could be left with half a squad. And while to us it is a vital game v sevco , to outsiders it is a run of the mill clash mid season between two of the three or four teams at top of league

I'm coming at things mainly from a Celtic perspective.

I think if Tom had taken part in the friendly game it would have been easier to take. The fact he didn't and sat watching it from the stand is a bit annoying.

Arnold obviously knew beforehand that Tom wasn't going to be picked as he was trying out other players so 2 days grace would have been a nice gesture to concede and I'm sure Tom wasn't happy either.

I understand the argument from both sides it's just a pity they worked out the way they did from our point of view.

There's no room to manoeuvre in the future for the precedent has now been set.

Anyway it's done now. We move on

Suppose Australia had allowed our request though? That gives the green light for any club to say they’ve got an important game coming up and ask for a few more days. Australia could be left with half a squad. And while to us it is a vital game v sevco , to outsiders it is a run of the mill clash mid season between two of the three or four teams at top of league
Naw the point is there manager new he wasn’t playing rogic in friendly game,Celtic offered to fly him out straight after match with huns..we pay his wages we have a right to his services.

We have a right to his services if it doesn’t clash with world- wide rights of the national teams Would rather have seen him play for us but Australia well within their rights unfortunately and this kind of situation has happened loads of times before

We have a right to his services if it doesn’t clash with world- wide rights of the national teams Would rather have seen him play for us but Australia well within their rights unfortunately and this kind of situation has happened loads of times before
Nobody’s saying they aren’t entitled to “world wide”rights,but a bit a common decency he knew he wasn’t needed we had probably !my opinion a title decider,we beat them we go six in front game in hand?

To be honest mate as a great talent as Tom Rogic is and he is gifted. Can you honestly say you seen a belter 90 mins from him?
I personally love the guy quick feet and great football brain...but if you look at his track record he's 65-75 mins then done why? HH
This might have been that belter,,

To be honest mate as a great talent as Tom Rogic is and he is gifted. Can you honestly say you seen a belter 90 mins from him?
I personally love the guy quick feet and great football brain...but if you look at his track record he's 65-75 mins then done why? HH
Strange thing to say, I know, but I actually think he might have had an issue with growing pains.

It affects some later than others and he has taken a bit of a stretch in his time with us.

Seen it with a boy I used to play with and it knocked the buggery oot o' him

Few people can reach the level of fitness required of a professional athlete. Thier bodies break down. There can be 100 reasons for it. Rogic has always had issues with his stamina. He has also played a lot of games in his career when he wasn't fully fit. Played through injury. Came back only to be sidelined again. I don't have any qualifications to make this claim but it can't have helped him with that continual wear and tear.
If Rogic had the fitness levels we want then I don't think he would still be at the club. Another club would of came in for him.
Even now I think surgery is required on that knee.
With the new deal he has signed I'd like to see a solid attempt at getting him sorted out.
Problem is Rogic on the park for 65, 70mins 5times a month Is what we need.

Naw the point is there manager new he wasn’t playing rogic in friendly game,Celtic offered to fly him out straight after match with huns..we pay his wages we have a right to his services.

Didn’t only one of the 3 Hibs boys play aswell?

If they’d done it with Tom, then they’d need to do it with them. Meaning their all of a sudden 3 players down. Sure their manager was taking it from then viewpoint of just incase they needed them.

If they’d done it with Tom, then they’d need to do it with them. Meaning their all of a sudden 3 players down. Sure their manager was taking it from then viewpoint of just incase they needed them.
Watching the Spurs v Chelsea tie on Tues and heard the commentator mention that Son the spurs player was soon going to be off to play in the Asia Cup, seems a helluva different time scale to Rogic and the 3 Hibees.

Same goes for Hibs guys,if you aren’t making the team for the friendly then a couple days grace wouldn’t a hurt,,,a poxy friendly,,,just saying”

Members online

No members online now.

Back