Top 50 managers of all time ... seriously ?

Mod

Came across this article this morning.. France football obviously don’t understand who Jock Stein is or his achievements putting him in at number 34...
Thoughts and reactions please
HAIL HAIL ??

A lot of cheque book managers in that list must have been compiled by the play station generation

if you want a laugh the record has posted there list online just make sure the sevco nuts don't feel left out

They even have struth in it ffs

Looking through green coloured glasses it's big jock all day long looking through my ordinary glasses it's still big jock he made lions out of ordinary men all from around the greater Glasgow area and won the biggest cup competition in club football end of.

Looking at the list, I'm surprised in both ways;

Given we're talking nearly three generations removed, and Scottish football being a backwater, I think it's great that they even remember Jock and have him at #34.

On the ratings side, I'm surprised he's below Klopp - who's yet to prove himself at the very top - and that he's held in regard above Benitez and particularly Bobby Robson; surprised also at how low down Zidane is - #22.

Jock's considered fourth best Scottish manger behind Ferguson, Shankly and Busby. I'd argue about that, but overall I remain impressed that 52 years on, his footballing achievement still resonates outwith the Celtic fanbase, and particularly among those who catalogue and comment upon the game for a living.

Oh, and amusing to see they rate Sir Watty Smith so highly...

Silly list !
Jock Stein ( 34 ) below Helenio Herrera ( 7 ) whose team we stuffed in Lisbon ;
Bob Paisley (26) below Shankley ( 10 ) when Paisley won 3 European Cups ;
Clough ( 15 )below Busby ( 11 ) when he won 2 European Cups in succession - on foreign soil too .

Too many many other contradictions to be bothered with ....

Toilet roll lists are like toilet roll full o Shite.
All fans think there Managers the best.
To us Jock Stein is the BOSS. Period.
But you have to laugh at the Rectums list Struth ffs well where’s Willie Maley o forgot
To Many Tim’s spoils the Orange Soup.

HH ☘️

Came across this article this morning.. France football obviously don’t understand who Jock Stein is or his achievements putting him in at number 34...
Thoughts and reactions please
HAIL HAIL ??
I seen same said article and was bemused at how pep gaurdiola came in at no 5 or somewhere close. He's never had to work with a club thats had to qualify for anything and only worked for clubs who are the richest etc. It's just someone's opinion, very questionable opinion at that. One I dont agree with but at least jock is in there which is something HH

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back