Total honesty required here

There but for the grace of God go I!!!!!

Coming from a family of mixed religion I was allowed to make my own choices as to which team I supported

I was never encouraged by family indeed I was dissuaded from following either of the OLD FIRM sides Alas there is no longer an OLD FIRM since 2012

However as I've stated before on this site as an 8 year old boy brought up in Easterhouse and who's LOCAL team had just become Champions of Europe with total innocence of childhood I was lucky enough to form opinions and make the correct decision

A lot of my decision making in the subject came from attending a Catholic school and being immersed in the Celtic tradition Not through the school curriculum but learning from my peers at school

My only real Celtic minded relative was my maternal grandfather who I seldom saw

My father was from Aberdeen and not particularly interested in football although if pressed would say he had a soft spot for Aberdeen however if asked the question 'who do you support '? his stock answer would be 'my wife and 3 weans'

My paternal grandfather was an avid football supporter Possibly a Rangers fan but this was never disclosed to me even in later life andU was 29 years old when he passed away
Indeed it was him who took me to my 1st Celtic match He never took me to see Celtic again and in fairness I never knew him to go and watch Rangers despite the nearness to Ibrox where he lived

The fact that when he and my grandmother and my father moved to Glasgow from Aberdeen in1948 and took up residence in a flat on Harrison Dr just off Rd a stone's throw away from old Stairway 13 at Ibroc
The fact that he also had a Masonic parchment half in English Half in Latin hung on his bedroom wall may also have been an indicator as to where his allegiances may have lain

It is now my turn to hope tthat history repeats itself

My eldest daighter's man is a HUN but through mutual respect we NEVER discuss our footballing allegiances
Oh sometimes I'll comiserste with him in a rather disguised condescending manner when the footballing Gods plot against his favourites but I tend to temper it with a dose of 'serves you fuckin' right' kind of pity

He and my daughter have 3 young infant sons the eldest just turned 4 years old

When he was born my daughter said to me diplomatically ' we've decided to let Rory support either St Mirren or Patrick Thistle if he shows an interest in football'

Knowing where the conversation was heading I used my personal experience and replied that as soon as he went to school he'd soon make up his own mind as to where his allegiances lie

No pressure or influence would be placed on the wee guy from me but I sometimes think does his father play by the same rules?

So far I've never heard Rory mention being interested in football
Indeed at 4 years old his interest seems to start and end with PAW PATROL. PJ MASK and DANIEL IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD

2019 will be the BIG year for him Starting primary school and from what I gather a non denominational one

This is when a little psychological subterfuge may need to come into play on my part

Having a father who is a HUN and going to school with classmates who may have been brought up in HUN tradition he could very well be open to peer pressure away from my seeing eyes

I fervently hope that being made aware of a very successful Celtic team and a rank rotten SEVCO team might in itself influence his decision making If indeed he follows football at all

So my plan is to monitor the situation closely in silent observation but if any HUN tendencies begin to manifest themselves or it becomes evident that he may be leaning towards SEVCO I might have to try and deter such innocent folly

As I said earlier 'there but for the grace of God go I' so I feel it incumbent on myself to give the wee guy as much direction as it takes to make the correct choices

Having 2 daughters of my own this was never really an issue for me before and has raised it's head for me rather late in life however hopefully natural order will lend a hand in him making the correct decisions

I do confessed that it's a rather worrying scenario not knowing which way the leaf may fall but I have been working on my psychological subterfuge just on the off chance that things don"t go as plainly as I"m hoping for

HH?

A wee Celtic kit for Christmas Bill, you know it makes sense.?

A wee Celtic kit for Christmas Bill, you know it makes sense.?

Love to but that would go against parental wishes and I don't want to be the one who rocks the boat however if I were to discover that other forces were coming into play I'd obviously need to rethink my strategies

I did give him a Celtic football but SSSSHHHH It resides at mine and he plays with it every time he visits

HH?

We are one or two CL qualifications away from total domination for at least another decade. That makes me happy but nervous. Happy because it’s within our grasp. Nervous because I have suffered many Celtic boards shiting it when it mattered most to go for it.

This club of ours in in our DNA and the love I feel for it can and does turn me into a deranged nutcase at times. It also always brings me joy and yes pride. I like the cut of our jib.

We are one or two CL qualifications away from total domination for at least another decade. That makes me happy but nervous. Happy because it’s within our grasp. Nervous because I have suffered many Celtic boards shiting it when it mattered most to go for it.

This club of ours in in our DNA and the love I feel for it can and does turn me into a deranged nutcase at times. It also always brings me joy and yes pride. I like the cut of our jib.

The question is if the Board don't BACK BE again will he stick around?

HH?

We all know the answer to that and that is the main engine for my nervous disposition. I actually think we will take that step now. If they don’t I’m straight on the Valium.

Well despite a bad transfer window and one of our CBs playing silky buggers we missed out against AEK by 1 goal and surely had we beaten them progressed after winning the qualifying round

HH?

We all know the answer to that and that is the main engine for my nervous disposition. I actually think we will take that step now. If they don’t I’m straight on the Valium.
Hindsight being what it is, I think the travesty of our Summer will strengthen Brendan's hand in the next two windows.

I've yet to be fully convinced by our scouting team and Brendan's record in the transfer market is a bit patchy.

The good news is that we all know the areas that require strengthening and we've known about it for quite some time. Hopefully, Brendan has clearly identified his targets and we can tie them up with the minimum of fuss.

Hindsight being what it is, I think the travesty of our Summer will strengthen Brendan's hand in the next two windows.

I've yet to be fully convinced by our scouting team and Brendan's record in the transfer market is a bit patchy.

The good news is that we all know the areas that require strengthening and we've known about it for quite some time. Hopefully, Brendan has clearly identified his targets and we can tie them up with the minimum of fuss.

No argument with any of that and hopefully what you say is indeed happening.

Bang on its up to BR if he is given the money its call from here on in now, we will back the board and BR if we think teams are ripping the pish with fees, but, quality has to be the way forward now, ten in a row and upwards and endless cash streams for the board to exploit have never been better. its a win win scenario, the huns are ready to crash IMO big time.

If to be believed
John James stating "In other news I was informed by two C level sources that there is a liquidity crisis at Ibrox. King’s go-to-guy, Douglas Park, no longer has the wherewithal to steady the listing HMS Sevco. Selling Morelos and replacing him with Jordan Jones, looks likely."

Looks like Santa is back on the scene.
10th December Herald
Liquidators in talks to settle £18m Rangers oldco claim by firm founded by former club owner Craig Whyte

No wonder they keep going bust, surely employ a few more staff and buy a few more sewing machines.
The Gers Store Online‏ @GersStore
In order to keep up with demand and to benefit the fans we will be operating on reduced hours in store for the rest of the week, 11am-4pm. We will update you as soon as we are fully operational again, apologies for any inconvenience.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back