Transfer Round-up (merged)

Love/loved wee Paddy, but we already have a Shved load of wingers, A right back,and a partner for Eddie up front ( Bayo and the Griff might help out here but I want/wish for a hit man up front. And if Big Ben ain't coming back, someone else of his ability needed, so min of 3 first team players imho.
Aye it would be good to have a target man again (I'm assuming lenny won't be continuing with the customary approach to the 18yd box before returning the ba'back to bain) someone in the mould of big Jan venegoor of hesselink (some mouthful that) but bhoy could he score goals. I'm not sold at all on the stories (hope that's all they are ) about bringing back Hooper

Aye it would be good to have a target man again (I'm assuming lenny won't be continuing with the customary approach to the 18yd box before returning the ba'back to bain) someone in the mould of big Jan venegoor of hesselink (some mouthful that) but bhoy could he score goals. I'm not sold at all on the stories (hope that's all they are ) about bringing back Hooper
Hoopers been on the KFC diet...good player in his day though.

Hoopers been on the KFC diet...good player in his day though.
Hes the perfect example of the only way is down when you leave a club like Celtic. Barring a few select individuals like Dalgleish, McLeod, Larsson, van djyck. I mean wtf was he thinking ? Norwich? At least wanyama and forster left for Southampton when they were on the up. Norwich were relegated Hooper barely made an impact.

Apparently Barca want him as a backup for Luis Suarez. All of that could be shite. I'm getting prepared for a deluge of utter pish from the media -- including the blogosphere -- regarding our transfer business.
Aye every season any player who is on the move is linked with Celtic, utter rubbish. Justthe hacks filling columns with sources close to and a spokesperson for etc

I think McKenna is another McGinn waiting to happen. He's got all the attributes you'd want for a top quality centre half.
I have never been overly impressed with McKenna, but working up here in Aberdeen surrounded by lots of sheepies that watch him week in/week out and they all rave about him. Maybe worth a punt but not for the figures McInnes is spouting!

[

I'd take a punt with Porteous but McKenna is a NO from me uless we could swap him for Hendry.

Steady on, we're not all like that. The Celtic Star has a great record at breaking these transfer stories. Go back to morning of Christmas Eve as just one example when we broke the news that Timothy Weah was coming on loan from PSG. It was Boxing Day before any other media picked up on our story.

I had a check up on the progress of the American fullbacks we loaned out. Both seem to be holding down first 11 places. I've got no idea what standard the league is. There seems to be mls b teams in the mix as well. I might try and get a stream for the odd game to do a bit of scouting ?.
The loans finish at the end of Nov. I'll be keeping an eye on recalls. It won't be good news if they are as you can guarantee that will be classed as cover for lb and rb.
With KT unlikely to be ready for a clp of months and the Lustig saga still in the ballance we need to make both positions a priority.

I have never been overly impressed with McKenna, but working up here in Aberdeen surrounded by lots of sheepies that watch him week in/week out and they all rave about him. Maybe worth a punt but not for the figures McInnes is spouting!

He's definitely not worth £10 million. That's just absurd. And if that's genuinely the price they're holding out for him, he'll end up handing in a transfer request to go [somewhere], cuz we're not going to pay that for him (rightfully) and neither would any team in England. But I think he cruised last season - sure, he made a couple of mistakes, but so do the best of them. I actually thought he was probably the best defender in the league this season, outside of Ajer.

He's definitely not worth £10 million. That's just absurd. And if that's genuinely the price they're holding out for him, he'll end up handing in a transfer request to go [somewhere], cuz we're not going to pay that for him (rightfully) and neither would any team in England. But I think he cruised last season - sure, he made a couple of mistakes, but so do the best of them. I actually thought he was probably the best defender in the league this season, outside of Ajer.
Did Aberdeen not say they turned down 6.5M? Mental.

Members online

Latest posts

Back