Transfer Round-up (merged)

Would not be the worst thing to happen,have never seen the boy throw the towel in when we played them..
By all accounts he is a Celtic man which for me is a massive bonus,he does not need to be told what 9 iar means to every Celtic supporter on the planet and I am sure he would love to be a part of our history..HH.

He’s a Sevconian, but that doesn’t bother me. Is he good enough for where we want to be? I doubt it.

I would not argue with you about the right back also,I like my defenders to be big strong Bhoys who do the pushing rather than get pushed and Stephen O,Donnell comes into that category..
Taylor is a bit on the small side but he gives his all and that is all we can ask..
Do you know anything about the Bhoy Mark Hill Lenny brought him back two weeks ago from a loan spell in USA,,he must be decent or he would not have brought him back.
I think Elhamed will prove to be a class player,,speed and strength... fabulous... HH

I think I'm right in saying Stacey is off to Bournemouth £5m. Harper has re-signed for West Brom ( sees more opportunity with Bilic ? ) Sawyer bid rejected ( good piece about him in one of the blogs ) Lost Turnbull through no fault of our own. All just goes to show that despite our three quality acquisitions the transfer window is sooooo difficult to negotiate . Personally I would be delighted to acquire Porteous and Horgan ( Hibs ) and O'Donnell and Taylor ( Killie ) to give us a bit more dig but I must confess I know :poop::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Celtic are ‘hunting’ Norwegian international Birger Meling as a replacement for Kieran TIerney.

He’s one player Hoops fans will be familiar with, having played against the Scottish champions several times with his side Rosenborg, and even scored at Parkhead last July against Celtic.

The left-back is 24 years old, and was a former youth product at Middlesbrough.

He moved back to his homeland in 2014 to join Stabæk, before sealing a switch to Rosenborg in 2017.

Meling has gone on to make 10 caps for Norway since then, and according to TV2 pundit and former player Jesper Mathisen, Celtic have been tracking him recently.

He said:

Meling has been hunted a bit by Celtic.

They sold their left back to Arsenal, so they have a hole there.

Meling is a player they know well, because Celtic has played against Rosenborg a couple of times.

One to keep your eyes on over the next few days.

Celtic are ‘hunting’ Norwegian international Birger Meling as a replacement for Kieran TIerney.

He’s one player Hoops fans will be familiar with, having played against the Scottish champions several times with his side Rosenborg, and even scored at Parkhead last July against Celtic.

He moved back to his homeland in 2014 to join Stabæk, before sealing a switch to Rosenborg in 2017.

Meling has gone on to make 10 caps for Norway since then, and according to TV2 pundit and former player Jesper Mathisen, Celtic have been tracking him recently.

He said:

Meling is a player they know well, because Celtic has played against Rosenborg a couple of times.

Hope so. I've been saying this for the last 6 weeks or so

I think the board had the Tierney deal agreed at the start of the summer if not before but realised if they sold and had all the money at the start of the transfer window the fans would have been demanding it was spent so they played it out as long as possible so that they only have 3 weeks left of the window an they can now sign the Kilmarnock left back and maybe treat us to a loan signing an they can say they didn't have ample time cos Tierney left late in the window. It really frustrates me the way the fans get treated by the board. I pay my season book up before the season starts and buy all the merchandise going for my kids costing a fortune an I do it cos I love Celtic an want the best team on the park but can anyone honestly say our board do their utmost to put the best team on the pitch for the fans?

He said:

I like him, and because of that I will put this on the large pile of players we probably won’t sign. Would be a great signing.

Members online

Latest posts

Back