Transfer Round-up (merged)

Love/loved wee Paddy, but we already have a Shved load of wingers, A right back,and a partner for Eddie up front ( Bayo and the Griff might help out here but I want/wish for a hit man up front. And if Big Ben ain't coming back, someone else of his ability needed, so min of 3 first team players imho.

We play our first ( of many ) CL qualifiers on 9 July !

We have made an OFFER to lenny to manage but he is away on holiday , as is our CEO , Lawwell .
We are losing loan players and , by common consent on this site , we need an infusion of new , quality players - how many is up for debate !

According to Lawwell , no moves were made to interview other coaches - Lenny was in the driving seat , and was eventually offered the job on Saturday .
So it would be reasonable to assume that NO moves have been made for new players as the new manager was not in place and may not want any brought in without his consent .
Unless , of course , players are being targeted by the CEO whether or not the new man is agreeable or not . That is not a scenario which bodes well .

At this time of the year there is always huge speculation about players - but for us , unfortunately , we have NOT performed well in too many recent Transfer Windows despite the high hopes of the support .

This time the signs , to be me at least , are not optimistic either . I fervently hope to be proved completely wrong !

HH

We play our first ( of many ) CL qualifiers on 9 July !

We have made an OFFER to lenny to manage but he is away on holiday , as is our CEO , Lawwell .
We are losing loan players and , by common consent on this site , we need an infusion of new , quality players - how many is up for debate !

According to Lawwell , no moves were made to interview other coaches - Lenny was in the driving seat , and was eventually offered the job on Saturday .
So it would be reasonable to assume that NO moves have been made for new players as the new manager was not in place and may not want any brought in without his consent .
Unless , of course , players are being targeted by the CEO whether or not the new man is agreeable or not . That is not a scenario which bodes well .

At this time of the year there is always huge speculation about players - but for us , unfortunately , we have NOT performed well in too many recent Transfer Windows despite the high hopes of the support .

This time the signs , to be me at least , are not optimistic either . I fervently hope to be proved completely wrong !

HH
Hi Millsy,were defo talking to players,i posted on here about a week ago,i met a mate of mine who is an agent and he was saying he had not long spoken to peter lawell about players,as i said at the time its good were on the case early doors but talking to players and signing players are two different things.Were probably working of the scouting lists that the club already had and finding out whos viable,whos interested etc,then we can put that list to neil lennon,remember he was in paris looking at someone too.The window doesent open for a couple of weeks so probs just doing the leg work on various targets.

We, Celtic as a Club, are a very attractive proposition for players to move to. Look at the players in recent years who have progressed massively during their time with us. Virgil Van Dyke, Wanyama, Ki, Leadly, McGeady, Maloney to name a few. We are in CL, ok we've the qualifiers to navigate but with the right players we've proved its not beyond our reach. Most players in Scotland would jump at the chance to play for us (apart from the obvious). Ok, we can't compete with EPL wages but thats a different animal. We have 60.000+ fanatics supporting us most home games in a fabulous Stadium. Win them over and you will be loved for life.
Whats not to like?

Members online

Latest posts

Back