Transfer Round-up (merged)

I am keeping out of this until end of transfer period, because it is doing my head in. When it all done and dusted then we can look at what we have bought sold hopefully looking forward to nine in a row plus another two three trophies (aye a know Europe is a struggle but you never know. ☺☺

Seen a wee quote on the SFM and they reckon in 1914 in Dundee the average guy was 5ft 1in tall. They were having this debate about lowering the goalpost SIZE.
looked at the 1914 team on this post and strikes me Celtic had a pretty big team if you compare some of the sizes against Quinn.
Interesting to see stats on what Maley looked for in a player and compare average heights as Gallaher was apperantely small and frail.

GW750H522-702x459.jpeg

Seen a wee quote on the SFM and they reckon in 1914 in Dundee the average guy was 5ft 1in tall. They were having this debate about lowering the goalpost SIZE.
looked at the 1914 team on this post and strikes me Celtic had a pretty big team if you compare some of the sizes against Quinn.
Interesting to see stats on what Maley looked for in a player and compare average heights as Gallaher was apperantely small and frail.

View attachment 3159
Interestingly, and in keeping with those figures, the average IQ of a guy in Dundee in 1914 was 51.

The intervening century has been kind to us, we now have an IQ comparable to Spanish army dogs and can now talk with words exceeding one syllable.

Interestingly, and in keeping with those figures, the average IQ of a guy in Dundee in 1914 was 51.

The intervening century has been kind to us, we now have an IQ comparable to Spanish army dogs and can now talk with words exceeding one syllable.

SP in 1914 what would have been the main source of work for the people born in Dundee round this period? And what % would the Irish population have been?

SP in 1914 what would have been the main source of work for the people born in Dundee round this period? And what % would the Irish population have been?
The jute mills were the biggest employers. There's a bit of a myth about the jam and journalism part, but Thomson's and Keillor's were still notable employers.

I would estimate that there were at least 20,000 Irish in and around Dundee.

The players start back at training in the next 24hrs and the fight for a place in the starting 11 begins. Whilst we are focused on the transfer window I wonder how many current Developmental Squad players will be regular first team players by this team next year? In our last game in Europe next season guess the team. My predictive pick Bain, Some Newbie, Ajer, Sumonovic Tierney, Christie McGregor Dembele Forrest French Eddie and Shved. Obviously suspensions and injuries make this impossible to predict . Note only one newbie and no Scott Brown, Rogic, Sinclair, Griffiths, Henderson, Johnston, Arzani or Okoflex. Big call.

When I meet a Scot in NZ I ask where they come from and they reply .... (name any Scottish town)
I say "Sorry"
They repeat (any Scottish town)
I say Oh I heard you...... I'm just sorry!

Turnbull will still be good but not essential, but what we really do need is a defensive midfielder or 2 in the Broony mould.

So Henrik Larsson isn't coming back to Celtic as a coach. We know this because those sites that were quick to tell us that he was, despite having zero evidence or information to back up the claim, are also quick off the mark to tell us he is NOT coming back.

HENRIK RETURNS story = clicks

NO HENRIK RETURN story = more clicks

Stop taking the bait...

Back