Transfer Round-up (merged)

I don't know snything about Elhamed other than he is Israeli and has the same agent as Nir. I guess as the 4th CB he might be OK for us - wouldn't think the plan would be for him to play more than a dozen games in a season. I genuinely can't make any judgement about him at this point.

Danny Simpson seems strange and as PA says, is more like a sevco buy. He is/was obviously a very good footballer but not sure if he is what we need, as I can't remember his recent form. If we get 2 good seasons out of him then it would be fine as long as his wages aren't too high. Will he be a mentor for Ralston or is he being lined up for a loan deal/transfer?

Hated Abd Elhamed a done deal, €2m. Danny Simpson on trial for a week.
The first one uninspiring, the second one a disgrace.

If these two are true then we have learned fuck all about the hazards in going cheap.

Uninspired is an understatement.

Reactions: Ray
Love these blogs this time of the year.

We need a right back,,, geese a right back,,, get the finger out and sign a right back ffs,, cmon ta f Celtic get a bloody right back in,, even the dugs in the street can see we need a right back..

CELTIC look to have signed a right back and are giving another one a trial.

Ffs no him hes rubbish and the other wans to old....... ??

Love it....

H.H

We need a right back,,, geese a right back,,, get the finger out and sign a right back ffs,, cmon ta f Celtic get a bloody right back in,, even the dugs in the street can see we need a right back..

Love it....

H.H

We do need a RB and a good one. No point bringing in players who can’t defend. Boli started off really nervously, came into it a bit but looked just like all our defenders seem to, prone to getting caught out of position and always up for a mad pass that puts us on the back foot. We really need to get someone at CP who has an eye for finding defenders who can defend.

I know fuck all about the two guys mentioned today. I just hope they are better than they seem, but we are back to the cheap and free options for what is the weakest part of the team.

Will we ever learn? I can’t say I’m overky optimistic if this is the level we are looking to bring in. With every average player brought in we stand still.

Where is the quality Lenny keeps talking about? If he tries to convince us these two are the best we can hope for, it doesn’t auger well.

Love it....

H.H

Elhatem is not a RB, he’s a CH converted from being a winger. The fact he is being touted as a RB is more worrying than the lazy, cheap way he is being recruited.

Elhatem is not a RB, he’s a CH converted from being a winger. The fact he is being touted as a RB is more worrying than the lazy, cheap way he is being recruited.

Gary,,,,, the name is irrelevant IMHO, in the market we shop in there would be criticism from our own fans no matter the name.

Now for the avoidance of doubt, I agree about Simpson he shouldn't be looked at but my original point stands, name a player and someone will critisis without having seen him kick a ball.

And thats why I love blogs like this.

The English Broadcasting Corporation are quoting Football Insider and saying that KT has agreed personal terms with Arsenal.
Don't know if it's just another piece of shit journalism or if there's an element of truth to it.

Love it....

H.H
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:!

No kidding 50 & Michael
They'd probably never heard of half the guys we've been linked with, but lose their shit, when the club finally pulls the trigger, to get some players in
Armchair QB's & emotional midgets, everywhere
I back Lenny & the Board to get it right
So far, so good, imho
HH

No kidding 50 & Michael
They'd probably never heard of half the guys we've been linked with, but lose their shit, when the club finally pulls the trigger, to get some players in
So far, so good, imho
HH
ah know,pre season's a bitch,we swing fae totally phuqin mental tae the depths of despair in a heartbeat,invincible season-history, treble treble-history! aye everythin's shite,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: well give me that shite any season DILLIGAF!!!!

^^^^ THiS ^^^^^

Can I see a show of hands? Who here thinks that signing a RB at any cost is the sole key to success for Celtic this season?

Anyone?

Take a look at the lineups for the last half of this past season at RB, where Celtic were defeated only once in 18 games: Lustig, Toljan, Izzy, Benkovic, Hayes, etc. Lustig was a beast, Izzy contributed (though way past his prime), but then it falls off a bit. But we still won the Treble Treble.

Let me repeat that: We still won the Treble Treble despite not being a powerhouse at RB.

Get a grip, folks.

22nd July and the domestic season starts in August. Players will come and go. Celtic carry on. The next match is against the Champions of Estonia. We ought to have enough of a squad to perform well on Wednesday. But these ties can be banana skins. Just ask Kilmarnock fans. Complacency is a killer. We just need to focus just on the next match and how to win it. I'll take a scrappy win anyday. If we manage to get through the four qualifying rounds for the Group Stages we will still be in the Scottish transfer window. We could then be attractive to loan players keen to play in the CL. Last season we had Benkovic, Weah and Burke who each did us a turn at times. Here's a puzzler. Which of the following players do you think will feature least and most in the Celtic starting team by the end of 2019 ie 5 months. Gordon, Rogic, Arzani, Shved, Griffiths, Bayo, Connell, Henderson, Kouassi, Ncham, Hayes, and Bitton. It's a tricky one as a no one knows about future injury, suspension or transfer. I've chosen the 12 names very carefully. None of them are stick on STARTERS on a current team sheet. Each of them has potential. Whilst we wait for some action on the pitch can you rank them in probable appearances from first to last.

Which of the following players do you think will feature least and most in the Celtic starting team by the end of 2019 ie 5 months. Gordon, Rogic, Arzani, Shved, Griffiths, Bayo, Connell, Henderson, Kouassi, Ncham, Hayes, and Bitton. It's a tricky one as a no one knows about future injury, suspension or transfer. I've chosen the 12 names very carefully. None of them are stick on STARTERS on a current team sheet. Each of them has potential.
I think Griffiths will play most, assuming he is fit. Rogic will get a lot of game time if fit or not sold, Shved will get eased in and hopefully set the heather on fire as will Arzani. I think Ntcham will go but if he stsys he will play a fair bit too. Hayes will get game time too domestically as Lennon will like his work rate - plus being more direct will suit his style more than the tippy tappy nonsense BR ended up preferring.

I think Griffiths will play most, assuming he is fit. Rogic will get a lot of game time if fit or not sold, Shved will get eased in and hopefully set the heather on fire as will Arzani. I think Ntcham will go but if he stsys he will play a fair bit too. Hayes will get game time too domestically as Lennon will like his work rate - plus being more direct will suit his style more than the tippy tappy nonsense BR ended up preferring.[/QUOTE

Good on you for taking a punt and choosing Griff. Anyone on the list you think will make no appearances?

Members online

Back