Transfer Round-up (merged)

2 days ago we signed a 16 year old English goalkeeper from Spurs, today we've signed a 16 year old Norwegian from Rosenborg! 2 good clubs in my opinion but what does that say about our academy and indeed to the young bhoys coming through it?

I think our academy is in great shape,we have the likes of Dembelle,Henderson,Johnston,all having played in the first team and all from the academy and many more right behind them.somebody must have saw potential in these two boys and I think that person was Willie McStay,not a bad judge of talent,,,think how happy Peter will be when we dont have to splash out on a central defender and a goalkeeper..all kidding aside I think they will be fine mate especially if they have the McStay stamp on them..

I think our academy is in great shape,we have the likes of Dembelle,Henderson,Johnston,all having played in the first team and all from the academy and many more right behind them.somebody must have saw potential in these two boys and I think that person was Willie McStay,not a bad judge of talent,,,think how happy Peter will be when we dont have to splash out on a central defender and a goalkeeper..all kidding aside I think they will be fine mate especially if they have the McStay stamp on them..
Yeah I'll give you that more so if it was McStay who gave them his backing, I just hope our current academy lads wont get pushed down the pecking order without being given a decent chance, unless of course these guys are a step above them!

Yeah I'll give you that more so if it was McStay who gave them his backing, I just hope our current academy lads wont get pushed down the pecking order without being given a decent chance, unless of course these guys are a step above them!

That’s it. If they’re are better we play them first. That’s fitba.

2 days ago we signed a 16 year old English goalkeeper from Spurs, today we've signed a 16 year old Norwegian from Rosenborg! 2 good clubs in my opinion but what does that say about our academy and indeed to the young bhoys coming through it?

What it says is that we signed two good players.

What speaks for our academy are the players who come through it -- Dembele, Johnston, Henderson and others who can play with the first team.

Been reading we had been going for a RB but it’s fallen through again. Lenny still talking about getting players in, but the timescale keeps being extended.

It could be our wage structure. I have a vision of Lawell turning up in Victorian Dad clothes and a big tash and taking a silk purse of shiny sixpence’s out of his waistcoat pocket and putting a few on the table, one at a time. Saying, “maybe this will change your mind.” :)

Times running out Peter, try 50 pence pieces and get us the players we have been promised.

Been reading we had been going for a RB but it’s fallen through again. Lenny still talking about getting players in, but the timescale keeps being extended.

It could be our wage structure. I have a vision of Lawell turning up in Victorian Dad clothes and a big tash and taking a silk purse of shiny sixpence’s out of his waistcoat pocket and putting a few on the table, one at a time. Saying, “maybe this will change your mind.” :)

Times running out Peter, try 50 pence pieces and get us the players we have been promised.

Take away champions league football and all that is on offer is Hamilton ,killie,livingston you get the drift shite spfl
the days of attracting big players to this league ended when the ebts stopped

Players want advancement agents want competative leagues that get there players noticed

Have not trust in Lawwell at all but he can' keep getting blamed for players not wanting to come to the plastic pitches of scotland

Take away champions league football and all that is on offer is Hamilton ,killie,livingston you get the drift shite spfl
the days of attracting big players to this league ended when the ebts stopped

Players want advancement agents want competative leagues that get there players noticed

Have not trust in Lawwell at all but he can' keep getting blamed for players not wanting to come to the plastic pitches of scotland

I agree it’s a hard sell if you’re trying for players who have options to go to better leagues. Our market is players who see us as a stepping stone to England or other top five leagues.

CL is vital and being so you would think getting in good players playing in other shitty leagues would be more likely to sign. Trying to get English players to me is a complete waste of time as they can earn more at Barnsley.

Prices and wages need to reflect the market, we can’t match bigger leagues so trying leaves us without players and time to scout elsewhere.

We are in the 3rd round now and Lenny’s hopes of the plYers he wanted now hasn’t happened. My fear is in trying to save a few bob we kiss £60m goodbye. Started in a flurry which we all loved but it’s starting to look like every window now. Too much time spent wasted on English based players. It’s like going into a Ferrari showroom with enough money to buy a Lada.

Members online

Latest posts

Back