Transfer Round-up (merged)

Just my opinion but I believe we need another (better) left back regardless of whether KT stays in this window or not.... KT will leave within the next 2 windows for sure

Boli is improving after a horrendous start. Long may it continue, but I think he still has a long way to go for us to be happy he is our LB.

Very few could replace KT and even those who could we could never afford.

Our defence has always been our Achilles heel. And to stop that requires players who aren’t prone to erratic mistakes. If KT does go we need another LB, of that I have no doubt.

It’s up to Boli to improve, if he does great, but we need to realise going cheap on our backline is a recipe for losing.

Do the business or we get better players who can.

The bookies have made to odds on KT signing for Arsenal 20-1 on, that is how certain they are that Arsenal will buy him, yet they are still fannying about (thankfully) stalling over a supposed bargain price of £25m. Yet they have just rejected a bid of £30m from Everton for that world-class superstar Iwobi saying it will take over £40m to buy him.

Here's hoping Lawell has been taking note of the values of players and revises his £25m valuation to a higher amount, plus add-ons for appearances & trophy wins, sell-on %, etc.

Realistically, if we sold KT for only £25m we would have to pay a lot more than that to replace him with someone of a similar quality (and that definitely will never happen!!!).

Let's play hardball as we hold all the aces in this negotiation.

Yeah because up to now this season we've been losing a lot.

No, wait.

Complacency and thinking we are there have always cost us. Lenny our manager, remember him, said he needed 4 more players. We do.

If you think on the form showed so far that Boli ticks all the boxes a defender should have then I would have to say it’s wishful thinking.

He may step up, but he is still nowhere near the form we require.

All this is dependent upon how ambitious you are for the team. For me going into Europe and redressing the humiliations we have suffered through having a totally inadequate defence should mean we demand better to achieve that.

We haven’t won a CL game at home in years. That tells me all I need to know. Replacing KT with Boli is not the answer on how he is playing. He only got pass marks on Saturday because he was better than he had been. He didn’t play great on Saturday, he played better.

I hope he improves and tonight is a real test for him. He needs to calm down and get his passing right. Even on Saturday he wasn’t on it. Too many passes were a couple of feet short and they can be nicked by better players.

Losing KT cannot be compounded by replacing him with a player who so far does t look like a defender. And he doesn’t no matter how much we may try and talk him up.

He needs to play well tonight as all our players do. If I was their manager I woukd target him as the weakest link, as Lustig was towards the end. Hatem looks more solid so hopefully he plays.

A new RB and LB are essential to provide cover and competition. For me a better LB will take the shirt unless there is a marked improvement in Boli.

Complacency and thinking we are there have always cost us. Lenny our manager, remember him, said he needed 4 more players. We do.

If you think on the form showed so far that Boli ticks all the boxes a defender should have then I would have to say it’s wishful thinking.

All this is dependent upon how ambitious you are for the team. For me going into Europe and redressing the humiliations we have suffered through having a totally inadequate defence should mean we demand better to achieve that.

We haven’t won a CL game at home in years. That tells me all I need to know. Replacing KT with Boli is not the answer on how he is playing. He only got pass marks on Saturday because he was better than he had been. He didn’t play great on Saturday, he played better.

I hope he improves and tonight is a real test for him. He needs to calm down and get his passing right. Even on Saturday he wasn’t on it. Too many passes were a couple of feet short and they can be nicked by better players.

Losing KT cannot be compounded by replacing him with a player who so far does t look like a defender. And he doesn’t no matter how much we may try and talk him up.

He needs to play well tonight as all our players do. If I was their manager I woukd target him as the weakest link, as Lustig was towards the end. Hatem looks more solid so hopefully he plays.

A new RB and LB are essential to provide cover and competition. For me a better LB will take the shirt unless there is a marked improvement in Boli.
Thought I was all alone in my views... Put more eloquently than I did TV

big sutton on prem sprts shouting tierneys headin tae london enoo ! hope its bollocks

Completely disagree. Bolingoli was pretty solid against St. Johnstone and it appears he's working his way into the system.
Are you COMPLETELY sure ? Window closes at 5PM and there is a flight to Vienna before that. I'll front for a ticket. This lad is not a footballer,

Well KT has gone, I was expecting Sinclair ti be heading as well after being left out again but can't find any news on that - if he doesn't go today then can't see him going anywhere else but England so he'll stay until at least January. If he does go though that would mean some of our very highest earners (KT, Sincy, Compper & Boyata) will be gone so their freed up wages can/should/must be used to bring in a fee high quality players (monthly salaries are often neglected by fans when pricing up new players). That means the bargain £25m for KT can mostly be used to on transfer fees!

Lawell cannot squirrel this away again (like the VvD sell on bonus or Rodgers contract buy-out). In my opinion we have unnecessarily jeopardized Champions League qualification by delaying new buys but we had better not risk 9IAR as well.

Our current players should win the league no bother, but we have the finances available to get much further in front (with the added bonus of probably earning more money in Europe at the same time).

The board must be made aware that the fans will NOT tolerate fucking this up or there will be severe consequences. PL is an excellent CEO (from a business & shareholders perspective) but a bloody lousy self-appointed director of football - leave that side of operations to someone with the right skill sets to do this job correctly.

This is an important few weeks between now and 2nd September so we had better not screw it up! Come on now Bhoys.

Depends on what targets out scouting dept have unearthed....going by that leaked document none to impressive. Now with more money in the bank, we should raise our sights for better quality targets... Castagne etc would do nicely

Members online

Latest posts

Back