Transfer Rumours

Time will tell if it's MSM and their usual form trying to upset the applecart
However, if the boy is holding out for big wages, "Haud the lift..."
As usual, we have been connected with players from every corner of the globe, I believe, if anyone, be it players, agents, tries to use rumours as leverage, big Ange won't put up with it, and the club will move on quickly for pastures 'Green'

HH

Last edited:
Apparently celtic offered him 5 grand a week. Middlesbrough have offered him 14 grand.
It's bigger club versus bigger immediate cash ...if the boy goes for front end career cash that's his perogative. He could very quickly reach that kind of cash if he proves himself under Ange and get European exposure not withstanding the experience of playing in front of 60 thousand and the opportunity to put himself on the market in the future for silly money. Will probably get lost down there imo.

It's bigger club versus bigger immediate cash ...if the boy goes for front end career cash that's his perogative. He could very quickly reach that kind of cash if he proves himself under Ange and get European exposure not withstanding the experience of playing in front of 60 thousand and the opportunity to put himself on the market in the future for silly money. Will probably get lost down there imo.
I agree with you. This is the argument on here all the time. Big club versus big money. Some sign for the club while others follow the big dough.

Sorry but if I had w job offers, 1 for ÂŁ5k a week and the other for ÂŁ14k a week I know exactly what I would be doing. There is no decision to make

Sorry but if I had w job offers, 1 for ÂŁ5k a week and the other for ÂŁ14k a week I know exactly what I would be doing. There is no decision to make
As I said it's his perogative but there are always considerations in any decision. Its immediate cash but depends on his ambition and determination to reach his goals longer term which may well lead to better riches and a better career. But having said that obviously I understand how the bigger wage now can turn his head.

Is that not a short sighted view though for not taking in the possibility of European football at Celtic and therefore a bigger platform to bigger clubs at the end of the day.

changed days too wee Bertie Auld was happy with his twenty pound note too đź’š

As I said it's his perogative but there are always considerations in any decision. Its immediate cash but depends on his ambition and determination to reach his goals longer term which may well lead to better riches and a better career. But having said that obviously I understand how the bigger wage now can turn his head.
I think if another club comes in an offers triple his salary then I think he would be silly not to at least consider his options as most people would. However things like this are leaked within in hour or two and immediately folk are writing him off as being driven by greed. I think he is entitled to sleep on it and also see if Celtic are prepared to improve their offer slightly.

After this he may still decide to come to us and try to force his way into a successful team and enjoy the adulation of a passionate big club or he may decide to take the bigger money in England and progress onto an EPL side for trophy success later.

He could come to us and become the next Arzani, Shved, Klimala, etc or he might become the next Rogic, Winyama or VvD. He will only know if he made the "correct" decision when he finishes his career and is sitting in a mansion or in a very large mansion counting his medals and/or money.

I hope he joins us only because Ange really rates him, but if not then move onto the next target with no tears shed and no phuqs given.

Is that not a short sighted view though for not taking in the possibility of European football at Celtic and therefore a bigger platform to bigger clubs at the end of the day.

changed days too wee Bertie Auld was happy with his twenty pound note too đź’š
Well not really short sighted. He can move to Middlesbrough, play well & earn a big money move to the EPL.
At the end of the day. He's 23 and has 10 years left of his career at a good level. If he's getting offered 3 times more at 1 club, it would be stupid not to take it.

You wouldn't call them an unknown team but sevco would & did! They boasted last week that they were the first major team in Europe to reach 150 years old, which anyone/everyone ridiculed them for (except in the Scottish media) and pointed out that Forest were founded 156 years ago, were still the same club and had won the European Cup twice but the sevco hoard mobilised to write off Forest's achievements!
Why arent the SMSM calling them out?

Well not really short sighted. He can move to Middlesbrough, play well & earn a big money move to the EPL.
At the end of the day. He's 23 and has 10 years left of his career at a good level. If he's getting offered 3 times more at 1 club, it would be stupid not to take it.
Aye, that’s true, some people are motivated by money, and at the end of their career can look at their bank balance and smile, others can count all the cup finals, leagues won, medals earned, remember the games against Brentford, Swindon Doncaster or European games against Barcelona, Bayern Munich and the top level teams, to finish your career as a nobody or the chance to live in the hearts of millions, to never have to buy a pint in a Celtic pub and a media career……it’s a hard choice 🤔

Why arent the SMSM calling them out?
Because they love succulent lamb and won’t say anything “bad” about the Huns, there as the English media ridiculed them 🤣 did you not see the Klop media interview a few weeks ago? Where in mentioned the “rangers “ and done the inverted comma signs with his hands…..how the Huns LOVED that, there’s still an anti Klop thread going on, on swallow, swallow 🤣🤣

Well then virgo, you might have better knowledge about Jota than most of us have.
I stated someone seems to have fucked up by potentially letting Jota go for only 6M, so have benfica really got that class of players available to be able to let Jota go so cheaply? If so they must be a far better quality of team than I would give them credit for imo
I read an article a wee bit ago that the benfica supporters are far from happy with the option to buy in place as well and for only 6million , I sympathize I'd be livid with Celtic had they made same mistake, oh Hendry we already have. I'm slightly surprised and disappointed that young ewen Henderson is on his way out to hibs permanently just as hes breaking into the side. Could argue hes only broken through Like others have due to absentees but hes one of our more talented and experienced youngsters I'd have given hibs the loan but no option why do we keep doing this ? Unless there's more legs in the Boyle story than previously thought

Because they love succulent lamb and won’t say anything “bad” about the Huns, there as the English media ridiculed them 🤣 did you not see the Klop media interview a few weeks ago? Where in mentioned the “rangers “ and done the inverted comma signs with his hands…..how the Huns LOVED that, there’s still an anti Klop thread going on, on swallow, swallow 🤣🤣
Oh caught one 👌 not bad 🤣🎣

Back