Transfer Rumours

I think we will definitely buy another left back - Greg Taylor has improved a lot and will not want to give up his starting place so that will provide excellent competition.

If Jullien and or Welsh go then we need another CB - preferably a left-footed one this time.

I'd love Solbakken from Bodo Glimt. He is a winger but adds goals and assists too, and is an upgrade on Mikey J.

We need a solid reliable defensive midfielder, especially if Bitton leaves.

I want a goalscoring poacher to put away all the chances we make in domestic games against parked buses.

I think if we move on half a dozen players then we can afford to bring in these players for phase 2 of the Postecoglou era.
I think we have the poacher you want already pal. GG. Mostly scores with one touch.

You just won't let it go regarding Starfelt pal. You've made it crystal clear on numerous occasions. I think Ange knows best. If he was as bad as you feel he is then why is our defensive record the best in the league?
Been there SB it’s no worth the hassle bud
Hope your taking care of yourself pal thinking of you. There’s not many on here with a Heart the size of yours and one who does so much for Others.
Top Man 👏👏
In my thoughts and prayers 🙏

HH 🙏

I was at the Bodo game and Solbakken was a pacy player with good movement
But the number 5 Brice Wembangomo was the standout player for me his pace and all round movement was top dollar but what do I know but we do need a leftie and a Keeper who can give Shampoo a battle the UTD guy Seigrist looks good, a big huge Wanyama/Broonie executioner in Midfield

HH 🍀
Aye, Brice Wembangomo was an excellent player. I'm happy enough with Juranovic backed up by Ralston at right back. He has just signed for Bodo Glimt so unlikely to transfer again in the near future.

Wouldn't have any such concerns about any new arrivals into the club, as Ange has more than proven himself with the type and quality of a player he is looking for in a certain position /role within the squad.
However i still will have concerns about the vultures hoovering, especially with the low prices we got many of our players for with such a rebuild and the success gained already.
Will this money grabbing board be able to dismiss any potential offers, especially with the amount of profit that would be made on so many of the players already?

I can't get my head around the flak that Starfelt has to endure. New Country, new club, new team mates, new gaffer and new position. He's also new to the Scottish game that some foreign (and English) never settle into.

If the gaffer plays him week in and week out then we should back him instead of slagging him. The stats speak for themselves.

I don't know what the story is with Chris Jullian but to constantly refer to him as the Frenchman in a derogatory manner speaks volumes. Think about it!

I can't get my head around the flak that Starfelt has to endure. New Country, new club, new team mates, new gaffer and new position. He's also new to the Scottish game that some foreign (and English) never settle into.

If the gaffer plays him week in and week out then we should back him instead of slagging him. The stats speak for themselves.

I don't know what the story is with Chris Jullian but to constantly refer to him as the Frenchman in a derogatory manner speaks volumes. Think about it!
He usually calls him Julia 😂Vigo musta been a striker in his day ..he hates CBs 😂

The way I look upon constant criticism of a player, is also a criticism upon the manager for actually playing him in the first place imo.
So how can you give Ange such acclaims when so critical upon his decision making?
I don't understand that.
I can accept players having poor games, mistakes been made is always going to be part of football, even Ange is capable of making them, even if very few to date.
I can't tolerate players playing with no commitment or effort, which was a theam last season and greatful not to have witnessed it this season.
Also got no problem with people's views upon players, but this particular group of players, I believe have achieved something so remarkable in winning the league title in the manner that they have done so, and arguably the best achievement I have ever witnessed from a celtic team, so why such criticism?
Do also believe that most of the players used this season, still have plenty of room to improve also.
What a prospect that is now to look forward to, or have many already forgotten just how low it felt only a year ago?

The way I look upon constant criticism of a player, is also a criticism upon the manager for actually playing him in the first place imo.
So how can you give Ange such acclaims when so critical upon his decision making?
I don't understand that.
I can accept players having poor games, mistakes been made is always going to be part of football, even Ange is capable of making them, even if very few to date.
I can't tolerate players playing with no commitment or effort, which was a theam last season and greatful not to have witnessed it this season.
Also got no problem with people's views upon players, but this particular group of players, I believe have achieved something so remarkable in winning the league title in the manner that they have done so, and arguably the best achievement I have ever witnessed from a celtic team, so why such criticism?
Do also believe that most of the players used this season, still have plenty of room to improve also.
What a prospect that is now to look forward to, or have many already forgotten just how low it felt only a year ago?
I've never yet saw a defender who didn't make some mistakes. They can make wrong decisions just like strikers who don't get the same flak. Starfelt is one of the first names in the starting X1 and so it should be.

I've never yet saw a defender who didn't make some mistakes. They can make wrong decisions just like strikers who don't get the same flak. Starfelt is one of the first names in the starting X1 and so it should be.
With technology these days shammy it's very easy to be critical of decisions made at the time of the incident within a match.
Players are programmed into exactly how and what a manager expects from them nowadays and if they aren't delivering then there position comes under threat.
In starfelt case, did we have anyone available to step in and do a better job than he produced?
I don't believe we did, and certainly no one with any confidence that could have done either, not that we needed to imo either.
Going forward, then yes, if a left sided CB becomes available within our price bracket, then all well and good, but not easy to find in our price range and for the quality we expect from them either.

You just won't let it go regarding Starfelt pal. You've made it crystal clear on numerous occasions. I think Ange knows best. If he was as bad as you feel he is then why is our defensive record the best in the league?
Could it be our relentless attack Stevie?

Not that I’ve played at professional level (only Junior) but I’ve watched Starfelt closely this season after all the flak he has been given. IMO he he has gotten steadily better as the season has gone on. Looks less jittery, more confident on the ball and certainly wins his fair share of challenges.
Does he make mistakes? Of course he does. They all do at some point or other. Hart has had a few howlers IMO and nobody is slagging him.
He has taken time to adjust to the style (or should I say non-style) of football played here, cultural differences ( trying to understand what half the folks are saying probably doesn’t help much), etc. Let’s see how he does next season shall we?

Could it be our relentless attack Stevie?
Not really, no. Even if it's a 60/40 or 70/30 ratio of possession, the defence still has to stand firm for the time the team doesn't have the ball. There is a wealth of instances where teams have won matches with only 20 or 30 percent possession, and that points to a weakess in defending by the loser.

Fortunately, that's not part of our script.

I agree with Stevie: The defence is the best in the league for a reason, and given the choice between trusting someone who's at the helm of the club and, well, someone who can't even get Christopher Jullien's name right, I'll go with Ange every time.

Every. Fucking. Time.

Members online

Latest posts

Back