Transfer Rumours

This is the treble Cairnsbhoy I spoke about earlier,Maeda has pace to burn.

HH
Aye maeda looks superb and hatate looks a cracking passer
This is the treble Cairnsbhoy I spoke about earlier,Maeda has pace to burn.

HH
Cheers for posting that bud really excited about maeda and hatate and the other 2 we're linked with are attacking mids I like the idea of getting the guys from Japan over the now get them quarantined and training with the squad in prep for the game on the 2nd looks like the pissing about has ended 🤞 HH

Just recorded a guy on skysports a journo based in Japan talking about the 3 guys were linked with it won't let me upload it says its too big(strange cause that's wit females say to me all time🤔🤫)anyway he says ideguchu is a strange one but if ange can get him settled he can be a cracking player I think having kyogo and maybe the other japs will help the boy if we go for him but maeda and hatate he says are proper players and will be mainstays in the Japan team for years to come won't be long till we find out if we are getting these guys or not

Besides the positives on the pitch, I think there's going to be an awful lot of Japanese interest outside of the game too.

LAND OF THE RISING SUN AND LAND OF THE DYING HUN.
Peter Lawwell will no doubt SP have the Rising Sun marketed all over the city..
Maybe Dermot will open up the first Celtic Japanese Restaurant and have his
head of security Big Bernie look after it..

HH

If not lawwel then whoever the marketing guy/women is needs to milk these players profiles for everything we can it will help our profile in Asia immensely
It wont do any harm either Cairnsybhoy to our bank balance..
This could be one of our biggest earners ever,we only need to look at
the revenue Nakamoura generated in his time at Parkhead
the Bhoy profile probably paid his own wages..

HH

It wont do any harm either Cairnsybhoy to our bank balance..
This could be one of our biggest earners ever,we only need to look at
the revenue Nakamoura generated in his time at Parkhead
the Bhoy profile probably paid his own wages..

HH
I think that's nonsense.
How many Scottish fans have started watching Belgium league games because Henry & shankland are over their playing their football?
What about the MLS? How much popularity has that gained in Scotland because of Johnny Russel & Morgan?
People going on about how much money we will earn in Japan because of a couple of Japanese players comes across as hun wishful thinking.
Buy players because they are good and will improve the team, not because you think you might sell a few more taps in some far of country.
How many people on here have bought a crystal Palace tap because Eddy now plays there? Aye, didn't think so

I think that's nonsense.
How many Scottish fans have started watching Belgium league games because Henry & shankland are over their playing their football?
What about the MLS? How much popularity has that gained in Scotland because of Johnny Russel & Morgan?
People going on about how much money we will earn in Japan because of a couple of Japanese players comes across as hun wishful thinking.
Buy players because they are good and will improve the team, not because you think you might sell a few more taps in some far of country.
How many people on here have bought a crystal Palace tap because Eddy now plays there? Aye, didn't think so
Wasn't Naka the goalden bhoy of Japanese soccer in the 2000s? He had bunch of Japanese reporters who were stationed over in Glasgow to track his every move. Seem to recall we had a Japanese version of the website and some other social media stuff from back then. Not sure if Kyogo has a similar frenzy as Naka. But if we end up with 3-4 Japanese stars plying their trade in Glasgow then I'd expect it to be pretty big.

Wasn't Naka the goalden bhoy of Japanese soccer in the 2000s? He had bunch of Japanese reporters who were stationed over in Glasgow to track his every move. Seem to recall we had a Japanese version of the website and some other social media stuff from back then. Not sure if Kyogo has a similar frenzy as Naka. But if we end up with 3-4 Japanese stars plying their trade in Glasgow then I'd expect it to be pretty big.
That was a different era when there wasn't many Asian players plying their trade in Europe, But even at that, how much income did that generate for celtic?
Can't remember anyone going on about how much celtic were bringing in from Japan because of Naka.
It might raise the profile of the club in Japan but that doesn't equate to increase revenue. Nakamura probably was the big winner out of it, same with Kyogo. It will raise his profile and he will get more sponsorship deals back home. Celtic might sell a few tops and a bed cover but not much else. When naka was here we had a couple of money spinning games lined up in Japan, maybe the club are planning that again

Last edited:
The papers will print dozens of names 'linked' to Celtic that they have just typed on the laptop. Clickbait! Celtic do not usually telegraph their transfer deals but negotiate in the background. The gaffer knows the J-league better than anyone and is aware of the Korean league and many of the Asian leagues. If Kyogo is injured who takes his place? Ajeti or the Greek lad? Could we do better? We do not need lots of new players.

You do know it can be both, right? You can buy talented players from countries with less established football leagues (at a substantial savings in most cases) who will make an impact on the club AND foster interest while, yes, selling more club merchandise and raising funds for the club from overseas; funds that should, of course, be used to build the club rather than line the pockets of board members, but that's a different debate.

It doesn't have to be one or the other, and in fact it only works when it's both working in tandem. Fortunately for us, Kyogo Furuhashi is working out for us, and I think it would be great if he stuck around for awhile. It also bears noting that Celtic is now on the radar of a growing number of fans in America thanks to Cameron Carter-Vickers -- just as Timothy Weah helped put Celtic in front of US fans when he was playing for the Hoops.

None, to be sure. But I bet I'm not the only one who checks in on Kieran Tierney and Arsenal, now that KT plays for them. And when Lewis Morgan went to Inter Miami and Cameron Harper went to New York Red Bulls, I purchased each of their new clubs' jerseys and followed both in the states, even though Harper is essentially a sub at NYRB. So while the cost of two jerseys is minuscule, it's the thought that counts.

I think that's nonsense.
That was a different era when there wasn't many Asian players plying their trade in Europe, But even at that, how much income did that generate for celtic?
Can't remember anyone going on about how much celtic were bringing in from Japan because of Naka.
It might raise the profile of the club in Japan but that doesn't equate to increase revenue. Nakamura probably was the big winner out of it, same with Kyogo. It will raise his profile and he will get more sponsorship deals back home. Celtic might sell a few tops and a bed cover but not much else. When naka was here we had a couple of money spinning games lined up in Japan, maybe the club are planning that again
For a start, I don't care what revenue they bring in, but you're way off the mark here. Nakamura was a massive cash cow for Celtic. I remember when he signed for Celtic that Celtic secured his imaging rights in the deal which was huge considering it can be a big stumbling block in players contracts.
I was in Japan a couple of times when naka was at Celtic and he was everywhere. Every other shop you went into there were posters of him.
Your comparing him to lads in the mls and Belgian league is way off the mark too. Naka was a god in Japan. It would be more equivalent to compare him to a Messi type figure or even a Larsson going to Barca type situation.
You can already see the attention Celtic are getting from Australia because of ange, well Japan is another level.
So if we add two or three more top Japanese players, then of course it's going to be very lucrative for Celtic. But like I said, I just want us to sign good quality players who can perform to a similar level as kyogo.

Members online

No members online now.

Back