Transfer Rumours

You just won't let it go regarding Starfelt pal. You've made it crystal clear on numerous occasions. I think Ange knows best. If he was as bad as you feel he is then why is our defensive record the best in the league?
Here is my opinion Stevie, only mine unless I am not allowed to have an opinion.... on a forum. I am only responding to Stevie's comment to me... Stevie, nobody else.
Like everybody else on the Noise I have watched each player since they arrived and formed an opinion that some are better that the others.
When Starfelt first arrived he looked afraid to receive the ball to a point where he made big mistakes in almost every game. He looked like a very poor footballer. He did not seem to know what to do if somebody passed the ball to him.
That went on for the best part of 2 months. Somebody tried to settle him and it looks like he was instructed... EVERY time he got the ball he should not try to think, just pass the ball to CCV and I'm talking almost every time. That went on for about another 2 months.
About Christmas he had stopped looking terrified and he seems to have been told to be a bit more relaxed so he started to pass almost every ball to his left to try to find the left back or whoever was to his left. Say another 2 months. Now he is gaining confidence, he is still making 90 degree passes but has started to try to take the ball out of defence, gets a nosebleed and still passes to his left. He has been winning his fair share of balls in the air in the last few months but never a directed header. Head like a threepenny bit so the ball comes back in. His best trait of late seems to be that he has remembered how to put in a tackle. Best part of his game IMO
If you doubt any of this Stevie. Choose 2 sets of highlights from any of those periods and let me know if there is any truth in what I am saying. It is so predictable I am genuinely not being argumentative or over critical. Have a look. Let me know what you see. It is also odd that there are so many pundits who consider him a bit of a bombscare. (I'm paraphrasing)

Last edited:
Not really, no. Even if it's a 60/40 or 70/30 ratio of possession, the defence still has to stand firm for the time the team doesn't have the ball. There is a wealth of instances where teams have won matches with only 20 or 30 percent possession, and that points to a weakess in defending by the loser.

Fortunately, that's not part of our script.

I agree with Stevie: The defence is the best in the league for a reason, and given the choice between trusting someone who's at the helm of the club and, well, someone who can't even get Christopher Jullien's name right, I'll go with Ange every time.

Every. Fucking. Time.
Amazing what you can do with statistics, ask Mark Twain

Here is my opinion Stevie, only mine unless I am not allowed to have an opinion.... on a forum. I am only responding to Stevie's comment to me... Stevie, nobody else.
Like everybody else on the Noise I have watched each player since they arrived and formed an opinion that some are better that the others.
When Starfelt first arrived he looked afraid to receive the ball to a point where he made big mistakes in almost every game. He looked like a very poor footballer. He did not seem to know what to do if somebody passed the ball to him.
That went on for the best part of 2 months. Somebody tried to settle him and it looks like he was instructed... EVERY time he got the ball he should not try to think, just pass the ball to CCV and I'm talking almost every time. That went on for about another 2 months.
About Christmas he had stopped looking terrified and he seems to have been told to be a bit more relaxed so he started to pass almost every ball to his left to try to find the left back or whoever was to his left. Say another 2 months. Now he is gaining confidence, he is still making 90 degree passes but has started to try to take the ball out of defence, gets a nosebleed and still passes to his left. He has been winning his fair share of balls in the air in the last few months but never a directed header. Head like a threepenny bit so the ball comes back in. His best trait of late seems to be that he has remembered how to put in a tackle. Best part of his game IMO
If you doubt any of this Stevie. Choose 2 sets of highlights from any of those periods and let me know if there is any truth in what I am saying. It is so predictable I am genuinely not being argumentative or over critical. Have a look. Let me know what you see. It is also odd that there are so many pundits who consider him a bit of a bombscare. (I'm paraphrasing)
My point was that you've given your opinion on him numerous times. Yes it's all about opinions but to keep on giving that opinion becomes slightly weary tbh. It feels like you're waiting on any slight mistake to justify your opinion. Maybe be just as diligent with all our players instead of concentrating on one. As many have said, every player makes mistakes. I don't read you giving anyone else pelters. Time to let it go and get behind him. He's one of our own. We win as a team. We lose as a team.

My point was that you've given your opinion on him numerous times. Yes it's all about opinions but to keep on giving that opinion becomes slightly weary tbh. It feels like you're waiting on any slight mistake to justify your opinion. Maybe be just as diligent with all our players instead of concentrating on one. As many have said, every player makes mistakes. I don't read you giving anyone else pelters. Time to let it go and get behind him. He's one of our own. We win as a team. We lose as a team.
Sometimes you just have to give players a chance but on here it is bloody repetitive and negative. I hate seeing new bhoys singled out for that shit when they've only just started their journey with Celtic.

Sorry you feel that way mate. You can always press the 'ignore' button Stevie

Last edited:
Sometimes you just have to give players a chance but on here it is bloody repetitive and negative. I hate seeing new bhoys singled out for that shit when they've only just started their journey with Celtic.
Sorry I don't conform to your ideas of the way you would like things done shammy.. I will just keep doing my things my way and allow you to have a different opinion..

Sorry I don't conform to your ideas of the way you would like things done shammy.. I will just keep doing my things my way and allow you to have a different opinion..
I usually scroll past unwarranted negativity anyway and don't expect anyone to conform to my ideals at all as everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm just glad we have a defender like Starfelt and if Ange thinks he is worthy of his place then so do I.

I usually scroll past unwarranted negativity anyway and don't expect anyone to conform to my ideals at all as everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm just glad we have a defender like Starfelt and if Ange thinks he is worthy of his place then so do I.
All good. Yet you describe my opinion as 'UNWARRANTED' negativity....hmmm. Help me understand who decides if an opinion is unwarranted.

Glad about the LB the talk of starfelt i dont think its helped being right footed early on he was dreadfully nervous was murder watching him tbh but lately aye hes played better but i still would prefer a left footer to come in the way we play out its vital to be comfy on that side the amount of times he brings the ball out then losses it thru a stupid pass does my nut in dont see point in him being the one to bring it out but in the box hes been brilliant lately because its natural to clear it than try play out for him

Back