Transfer Rumours

I think we have the poacher you want already pal. GG. Mostly scores with one touch.
I know I agreed with before on this point but rewatching the highlights from today I would argue that Giakoumakis's two goals today were very important.

Yes, I know the game was already over as a competition but GG's physicality as he outmuscled the defender to create the space to allow him to try an overhead kick and the his quick thinking and quick feet to get the ball over the goalline could result in more goals next season against "stuffy" defences.

Also Maeda seems to be establishing a good partnership with him where he looks to be setting GG up with excellent chances, which bodes well for next season.

Last edited:
Could he be just trying to force himself a move away so that he can join us virgo?
I think you're right Johnno. That's what I mean. He seems a bit loose lipped and easy to criticise his team mates. Not sure Ange will want that type in the dressing room.
Same problem with Julia who thinks it is ok to bleat to the press about not getting a game. Knock the managers door if you want but dont take it into the press. You are inviting trouble. Having just taken 1.5 million for hurting your knee and not kicking a ball for a year and a half....
Maybe it's just how it appears

Last edited:
I think you're right Johnno. That's what I mean. He seems a bit loose lipped and easy to criticise his team mates. Not sure Ange will want that type in the dressing room.
Same problem with Julia who thinks it is ok to bleat to the press about not getting a game. Knock the managers door if you want but dont take it into the press. You are inviting trouble. Having just taken 1.5 million for hurting your knee and not kicking a ball for a year and a half....
Maybe it's just how it appears
Would put that down more so to agents using the media to try and force a move away for there player imo virgo.
If Ange is interested in this LB then maybe he could be just showing just how much he would want to join us, a very big requirement in Ange book, and he would be joining a club, who's fanbase wouldn't tolerate any big mouth wanting to unsettle a changing room, and thankfully now we have a manager and a squad of players now who wouldn't tolerate that shite either now.
In Jules case, it was always going to be a guessing game about how he would recover from such an injury.
Also into the last year of his contract, so last chance saloon for him to gain a decent contract for himself and without any football of note behind him for a season and a half now.
For a player who was once, one of the automatic names on the team sheet to not being able to make the squad now, just says to me he isn't up to the required standard that Ange is looking for nowadays imo.
Going forward, I would be very surprised to get CCV on a permanent signing and was far from convincing in his interview on Saturday.
So could scales be developed into a potential left sided CB?
I certainly hope so and maybe pre season will give us that answer.
I know you wouldn't agree virgo but starfelt wouldn't concern me as a right sided CB and would definitely place him well ahead of Jules and Welsh in the position if CCV was no longer a option.
It still remains an area of your team that you don't like to change unless forced to, especially at our club where every game is a big game, yet the competition for a starting place is potentially still not strong enough imo currently.
So I think that there could be a need for potentially another 2 CB, especially if CCV isn't no longer an option, and of a higher standard than Jules and Welsh also.
If Jules is seeing things that way also, is it of any real surprise that he may be looking for a way out of the club, when trying to gain the safety of a new contract, while he has still got the chance to?

Hopefully one of the young lads we signed last Summer and now out on loan will have a good pre season and make a breakthrough to the squad. Also Montgomery.
It will be interesting to see POD, but gut feeling is that they possibly might not be able to get to the required standard Ange is possibly going to be looking for now.
We are entering a new phase of the rebuild where CL is on offer now.
Even more so now, there has to be an ambition to succeed within Europe, where our past record of late still remains poor imo.
There still seems to be a lack of development within the younger players to be able to close that gap between lowland league and CL, with only Scottish football in between that gap.
Until them gaps are reduced somehow, then the devolpment of the younger player within Scotland is going to remain a hindrance to them and the club imo.
Opportunities become so limited to them, when the demands of the club are so high, and even higher now.
You take a young player like Stephen Welsh, a Scottish u21 International, yet seems to be struggling under Ange somewhat still, especially in confidence currently, then where can he rebuild such requirements needed to become a main player, thrown into the affray without much football behind them, with the demands of the club getting higher?
Its an issue that remains unaddressed within Scotland still, and until either a better standard of coaching is forthcoming or even a 2nd team becomes available in the lower leagues, then it leaves us wide open for these youngsters to be poached from us, as they have potential better career opportunities for themselves elsewhere.
It still remains the biggest requirement for the board to actually tackle imo, with the Scottish FA, yet the Scottish FA are still prepared still to use England to gain its players for the national team still, which in turn doesn't help the Scottish league to develop into a higher and better standard imo.

Would put that down more so to agents using the media to try and force a move away for there player imo virgo.
If Ange is interested in this LB then maybe he could be just showing just how much he would want to join us, a very big requirement in Ange book, and he would be joining a club, who's fanbase wouldn't tolerate any big mouth wanting to unsettle a changing room, and thankfully now we have a manager and a squad of players now who wouldn't tolerate that shite either now.
In Jules case, it was always going to be a guessing game about how he would recover from such an injury.
Also into the last year of his contract, so last chance saloon for him to gain a decent contract for himself and without any football of note behind him for a season and a half now.
For a player who was once, one of the automatic names on the team sheet to not being able to make the squad now, just says to me he isn't up to the required standard that Ange is looking for nowadays imo.
Going forward, I would be very surprised to get CCV on a permanent signing and was far from convincing in his interview on Saturday.
So could scales be developed into a potential left sided CB?
I certainly hope so and maybe pre season will give us that answer.
I know you wouldn't agree virgo but starfelt wouldn't concern me as a right sided CB and would definitely place him well ahead of Jules and Welsh in the position if CCV was no longer a option.
It still remains an area of your team that you don't like to change unless forced to, especially at our club where every game is a big game, yet the competition for a starting place is potentially still not strong enough imo currently.
So I think that there could be a need for potentially another 2 CB, especially if CCV isn't no longer an option, and of a higher standard than Jules and Welsh also.
If Jules is seeing things that way also, is it of any real surprise that he may be looking for a way out of the club, when trying to gain the safety of a new contract, while he has still got the chance to?
Good post Johnno👍

Who is the big centre back we have in the reserve squad who got a few games early last year. Big tall lad. Played along with Monte. I hope he gets a bit more exposure in the coming season.
Think you might be thinking of Leo what's his name who moved on to Leeds virgo

Reactions: POD
I didn't hear CKV's interview so can't comment on it, but I still wouldn't read too much into it.
The issue I see is that he is a Spurs player and absolutely knows the going rate for wages down south. He's a Yank also so has no affiliation to us.
Only thing missing from his game is pace, which won't really effect him at a club like us in the Champions league where we will like it or not do a lot of deep defending. He could do a lot worse than stay with us, however for setting him self up for life financially he would be best to go English premier league.

I still think Welsh has future at our club, an Italian club (can't remember who) offered £2m in January for him so there is potential there. You look at the likes of Hickory from hearts, we all said not good enough for us..... Potential £10-£20m transfer waiting for him.

Welsh has had a good season, played more games than he would have hoped and didn't let himself down. Needs to double the number of games next year to keep the progress going. Hopefully starts all our cup games next year.

Montgomery is another, looked a right good player but lost his confidence hopefully he comes good, but I'm less confident about him. How did his loan go?

Back