Transfer Rumours

I think you're right Johnno. That's what I mean. He seems a bit loose lipped and easy to criticise his team mates. Not sure Ange will want that type in the dressing room.
Same problem with Julia who thinks it is ok to bleat to the press about not getting a game. Knock the managers door if you want but dont take it into the press. You are inviting trouble. Having just taken 1.5 million for hurting your knee and not kicking a ball for a year and a half....
Maybe it's just how it appears
Good point
We don't need any prime donna's in the room
Sounds as though big Julie has spat the dummy and going to the MSM rather than sit down and hash it out with the manager, not likely to go down well with Ange
We haven't missed Julie this year, so go with our best wishes my sahn
We'll see how it pans out for CCV
Would love it if he signed on with us on a permanent basis, but Everton ?
Yer having a giraffe
Champions League with us next season, or going to Everton for the dough
If it's for the dough, then thanks for the memories big man, and good luck in the EPL
As for Jota, we all want him signed, but after being subject to her majety's zombies, both on and off the park, I wonder if the wee man will want to put himself in that position again
Just my two cents

HH

That's the one. Hope he gets to play pre season. I really like the look of him. He has attitude and strength to play Angeball
Definitely a good big lad he's been at the club since he was six years old. Turns 19 in June.
I liked the look of the lad as well all be it he was thrown in on a needs must basis due to injury and availability at the time .....acquitted himself really well imo.
Pretty sure he is Captain of the B team and hopefully is part of pre season gets more development and another shot at the first team.
Has a contract until 2024 so could also go out on Loan to give him that all important game time. A very good player with a great attitude.

For the first time ever i don't give a fuck about transfer threads, rumours etc, names or who wants to stay or leave

No bullshit, just a message from a guy who knows what he's doing in managing a dressing room and knows the value of being a player at our great institution

I'm with the manager.... if you want to be here then as long as it suits the club, happy to have you mate, if your not happy then knock on my door and well sort it quickly and you can fuck off .... mate

was listening to the radio podcast the other day, BBC following game, they're saying they've never heard Parkhead rocking with 'hope for the future', 'they're expecting big things from the manager', spot on ..... the last time we felt this enthused and with this much hope was under the snake. Then we went and got fucked every which way possible in Europe while winning everything in sight domestically.

But we all know this is different, Ange has his style, people can say what they want about it in Scotland, but we'll give bloody fucking noses to a few teams in Europe next year i have no doubt

He referenced the fact that 80% of our playing squad hardly had a pre-season last year. 3 games a week for months, Ange aint even had a chance to properly coach this team. But the bhoys will have a month off instead of 12 days and they'll have a month to be coached into the full Ange way. I expect a massive improvement next year

Mon the hoops

Last edited:
For the first time ever i don't give a fuck about transfer threads, rumours etc, names or who wants to stay or leave

No bullshit, just a message from a guy who knows what he's doing in managing a dressing room and knows the value of being a player at our great institution

I'm with the manager.... if you want to be here then as long as it suits the club, happy to have you mate, if your not happy then knock on my door and well sort it quickly and you can fuck off .... mate

was listening to the radio podcast the other day, BBC following game, they're saying they've never heard Parkhead rocking with 'hope for the future', 'they're expecting big things from the manager', spot on ..... the last time we felt this enthused and with this much hope was under the snake. Then we went and got fucked every which way possible in Europe while winning everything in sight domestically.

But we all know this is different, Ange has his style, people can say what they want about it in Scotland, but we'll give bloody fucking noses to a few teams in Europe next year i have no doubt

He referenced the fact that 80% of our playing squad hardly had a pre-season last year. 3 games a week for months, Ange aint even had a chance to properly coach this team. But the bhoys will have a month off instead of 12 days and they'll have a month to be coached into the full Ange way. I expect a massive improvement next year

Mon the hoops
Seconded
If you want to be here...prove it in training and with your attitude and performance
No passengers or wage stealers
There' young Bhoys waiting for their shot who give their eye teeth to pull the shirt on in the SPFL and moreso, in Europe
Get the deadwood gone

HH
YNWA

I believe we already have our defensive midfielder at the club. Bosun Lawal only signed last summer from Watford. Watford tried their best to hold on to him but he chose Celtic. He can play defence or midfield.
Agreed deadner, believe this lad has great potential to having a very bright future in the game in the future.
So many teams are now tending to try and switch from a 3 to a 4 at the back during games now by the looks of things that in turn is potentially changing the role of the modern day centre back, in turns of having to feel more comfortable in covering the wider areas of the defence now in order to push your full backs or wing backs higher up the pitch to actually engage that inviting pressure upon themselves.
Think scales may also have the potential to be able to do so on our left hand side of the defence also

I believe we already have our defensive midfielder at the club. Bosun Lawal only signed last summer from Watford. Watford tried their best to hold on to him but he chose Celtic. He can play defence or midfield.
Seen quite a bit of Lawal with the B team, he has played almost exclusively as a Centre Half (moved into midfield for Sevco Glasgow Cup tie to accommodate Jullien). Very composed on the ball, good forward passer, reasonable pace and very strong in one on one situations. Him and Dane Murray looked the most likely of the B team to step up to first team, although at 18-19 y.o. both may benefit from a season on loan. Ewan Otoo, another centre half but equally as good at left back is another who has good potential.
Anytime I watched the B team it was McKenzie Carse who played as the deep lying midfielder, wee guy who is a McGregor type player in that position. Dictates tempo, links up defence and attack and passes the ball to death. Not physical at all.
I would guess that Ange isn't looking at a Wanyama type defensive midfielder, more someone who can do what our captain does so well.

Last edited:
A few transfer rumours starting to come out now that season is over.
Stephen McGowan reporting that we are looking at Argentinian left back Fracisco Ortega of Velez Sarsfield as an alternative to the previously linked Iraqi left back Mohanad Jeahze. Left back appears to be priority after getting CCV & Jota on permanent deals.

Seen quite a bit of Lawal with the B team, he has played almost exclusively as a Centre Half (moved into midfield for Sevco Glasgow Cup tie to accommodate Jullien). Very composed on the ball, good forward passer, reasonable pace and very strong in one on one situations. Him and Dane Murray looked the most likely of the B team to step up to first team, although at 18-19 y.o. both may benefit from a season on loan. Ewan Otoo, another centre half but equally as good at left back is another who has good potential.
Anytime I watched the B team it was McKenzie Carse who played as the deep lying midfielder, wee guy who is a McGregor type player in that position. Dictates tempo, links up defence and attack and passes the ball to death. Not physical at all.
I would guess that Ange isn't looking at a Wanyama type defensive midfielder, more someone who can do what our captain does so well.
Great insight as always Gary.
Agreed that the LB position remains our main priority as a back up for Taylor is still desperately required still.
Will be interesting to see just how good our coaching staff really are in seeing if scales and Murray could be developed into decent left sided CB with the potential of being long stays in the position.
Just get the feeling that Welsh is possibly not a Ange type of player in the bigger picture, so could Liewel already be a ready made replacement for Welsh within the squad?
Don't think anything will get sorted out as such about the CB roles until CCV makes a decision, which I still remain very doubtful about it becoming a permanent deal, so again would leave the CB roles needing reinforcement imo.
Think the likes of Moffat, Dawson and Kenny may well be loaned out in order to potentially help with there development hopefully, even if it rages me that young players have to move on loan to help with there development than been able to do so, with a 2nd team in the lower leagues of Scottish football, still an issue that remains unaddressed.
Can't actually see to many new arrivals during the summer myself, but hopefully plenty within the club can be moved on as there is still way to many that are proving nothing for us still.
Still it will be interesting to see if we can actually use the loan system to help with developments of young players instead of what I believe mainly has been used in offloading young players and giving them a chance to gain a career elsewhere as such imo. The way the younger development of players has needed huge improvement for many a long year and hopefully this summer we might start to see signs of progress, and under Ange, I still believe that we will

Great insight as always Gary.
Agreed that the LB position remains our main priority as a back up for Taylor is still desperately required still.
Will be interesting to see just how good our coaching staff really are in seeing if scales and Murray could be developed into decent left sided CB with the potential of being long stays in the position.
Just get the feeling that Welsh is possibly not a Ange type of player in the bigger picture, so could Liewel already be a ready made replacement for Welsh within the squad?
Don't think anything will get sorted out as such about the CB roles until CCV makes a decision, which I still remain very doubtful about it becoming a permanent deal, so again would leave the CB roles needing reinforcement imo.
Think the likes of Moffat, Dawson and Kenny may well be loaned out in order to potentially help with there development hopefully, even if it rages me that young players have to move on loan to help with there development than been able to do so, with a 2nd team in the lower leagues of Scottish football, still an issue that remains unaddressed.
Can't actually see to many new arrivals during the summer myself, but hopefully plenty within the club can be moved on as there is still way to many that are proving nothing for us still.
Still it will be interesting to see if we can actually use the loan system to help with developments of young players instead of what I believe mainly has been used in offloading young players and giving them a chance to gain a career elsewhere as such imo. The way the younger development of players has needed huge improvement for many a long year and hopefully this summer we might start to see signs of progress, and under Ange, I still believe that we will
Article in The Athletic this week said Ange wants 4 players (LB, CH, CM, RW) in addition to CCV and Jota.

Article in The Athletic this week said Ange wants 4 players (LB, CH, CM, RW) in addition to CCV and Jota.
I'd agree with strengthening LB, CH & CM, along with Jota & CCV but I personally would still love a free scoring striker mainly for domestic matches when the bus is parked. Kyogo and Giakoumakis are excellent but both have missed large chunks of this last season through injury.

Members online

No members online now.

Back