Transfer Rumours

That is a bit of a waste. I'm not too sure Lenny always got the best out of Big Tam. He will enjoy the hotter temperatures but he could be playing at a higher standard for another couple of years. Good luck anyway and thanks for some incredible memories.
I can actually understand why Rogic called time upon his celtic career, with the game becoming so much faster with a much higher work rate needed within the game today.
A Rogic type of player is going to start becoming a dying breed within todays game as would be classed more as a luxury player with the undisputed talent of being able to unlock the tightest of defences imo.
Still a place for such a player with his talent within Scottish football, but maybe less so in the bigger games when the work rate without the football is deemed as a better fit for a team these days, so more of an impact sub maybe in the bigger games as such.
Yet how to potentially team back up with lenny totally baffles myself as can't make any sense of it whatsoever, especially from a player well capable of offering so much better than what's he looks like accepting.
Very strange one imo.

Don’t know it this has been posted before, but aw our important 1st team players are tied up on long term contracts, looking good for the next couple of years 👍View attachment 19506
Good thing about this is none of best players are going anywhere soon unless serious money is offered.
Turnbull has 2 I see on the list , dont we have a 1 year option on Turnbull's contract as well?

I've backed young Welsh now for a while, I know he can make mistakes just like any player. But the criticism of him (can't head the ball etc) last season when he thrown in the deep end at the start of the season, with a thread bear squad, players that wanted away and playing in high pressure champions league games was really over the top.

I'm just so pleased for him, I for one give young scottish players coming through the ranks more time than others, (it seems to me I'm the oposite to many fans. For example, Jenz plays 20mins against a tired and battered Norwich and he's suddenly a world beater!!- Welsh completely snuffs out Pukki and nothing is meantioned).
I'm with you CR....

I'm with you CR....
It's to Anges credit that we have what now appears to be a decent backline , Welsh has seized his opportunity as has Jenz and that's a win win for me.
Interesting and welcomed to hear Ange saying that he hope's to bring in another 2 players before this window closes.
Not being Ange I'm guessing that the 2 are ,1 a back up for CCV and 2 either a DMF or another attacker.

It's to Anges credit that we have what now appears to be a decent backline , Welsh has seized his opportunity as has Jenz and that's a win win for me.
Interesting and welcomed to hear Ange saying that he hope's to bring in another 2 players before this window closes.
Not being Ange I'm guessing that the 2 are ,1 a back up for CCV and 2 either a DMF or another attacker.
Think we already have cover myself for CCV winter with all 3 other CB well capable of playing in the CCV position if he shouldn't be available or rested imo.
Still think there is room for another striker and attacking midfielder within the squad as all defensive options are fairly well covered at present imo, even if any long term injuries could be a concern, worry about that, if and should they occur

Think we already have cover myself for CCV winter with all 3 other CB well capable of playing in the CCV position if he shouldn't be available or rested imo.
Still think there is room for another striker and attacking midfielder within the squad as all defensive options are fairly well covered at present imo, even if any long term injuries could be a concern, worry about that, if and should they occur
I think we have other players who can play RCB as well but does Ange think they are good enough in this position to face the challenges of the champions league?
Unsure , he plays his cards very close to his chest.
Still , it's good to know for certain he would like another 2 players in the door.
What he would like and what he will get remains to be seen though credit to the board ( for a change) theyve backed him, and looks like will continue to.

Rumours coming from Spain that we are interested in 23 year old Barca B team midfielder Alex Collado. The Spaniard can play centre mid, attacking mid and on the right wing and his current contract is up at the end of this season so he wouldn't be too expensive. He has only managed 2 first team games, so no idea if he is any good.

Would he be the next Diogo Jota or the next Marc Crosas (who is still a massive Hoops fan despite never establishing himself here as a player).

Or is it just a client using our name to boost the profile of his client?

Also, it looks like Leigh Griffiths has found a new club - Australian lower tier semi-pro side Mandurah City (near Perth). The former Dundee, Montrose, Forfar and Raith Rovers striker John Baird is the head coach there.

Last edited:
Rumours coming from Spain that we are interested in 23 year old Barca B team midfielder Alex Collado. The Spaniard can play centre mid, attacking mid and on the right wing and his current contract is up at the end of this season so he wouldn't be too expensive. He has only managed 2 first team games, so no idea if he is any good.

Would he be the next Diogo Jota or the next Marc Crosas (who is still a massive Hoops fan despite never establishing himself here as a player).

Also, it looks like Leigh Griffiths has found a new club - Australian second tier side Mandurah City (near Perth).
Noticed that myself BB, and certainly fits the profile of player we would be interested imo.
If Ange should be interested then maybe could be something in the offering as Ange certainly knows the type of player that suits the club and style of play he's looking for also.
Right age and price I would say, so could be actually something in this one imo.
About time GRIFF made the move out of Scotland, should have been done possibly a few years ago now, but for himself hopefully can rediscover what he once had and all the best to him also upon his new challenge

Also, it looks like Leigh Griffiths has found a new club - Australian second tier side Mandurah City (near Perth).
I read a piece on this BB, apparently its Olympiakos, Celtic and 2 unnamed la liga clubs who are showing interest.
In times passed, I'd likely dismiss this as clickbait but our automatic champions league spot and Ange being our manager changes everything now.
There is a chance of this one happening but it's all down to whether the players prepared to leave Spain methinks.
Either way we are a much more desirable destination for players now and if we can consolidate our position by winning the title and playing in the champions league group stages season after season we will be in a fantastic position for negotiating transfers to and from the club.
Quite astounded by the turnaround in our fortunes since the asterix season.
Long may it continue

Noticed that myself BB, and certainly fits the profile of player we would be interested imo.
If Ange should be interested then maybe could be something in the offering as Ange certainly knows the type of player that suits the club and style of play he's looking for also.
Right age and price I would say, so could be actually something in this one imo.
About time GRIFF made the move out of Scotland, should have been done possibly a few years ago now, but for himself hopefully can rediscover what he once had and all the best to him also upon his new challenge
I think griff just wants to play and that's why hes chosen a club in the Australian equivalent of our league 2 or lowland league. If he can regain any of his former prowess I'm sure he'll have plenty of eyes on his progress , and hopefully he'll soon be playing for an A-league club .

I read a piece on this BB, apparently its Olympiakos, Celtic and 2 unnamed la liga clubs who are showing interest.
In times passed, I'd likely dismiss this as clickbait but our automatic champions league spot and Ange being our manager changes everything now.
There is a chance of this one happening but it's all down to whether the players prepared to leave Spain methinks.
Either way we are a much more desirable destination for players now and if we can consolidate our position by winning the title and playing in the champions league group stages season after season we will be in a fantastic position for negotiating transfers to and from the club.
Quite astounded by the turnaround in our fortunes since the asterix season.
Long may it continue
Yet the stumbling block could yet be on weather a player wants to use the club to enhance their standing within the game as such?
Ange doesn't seem to interested in them type of players and rightly so imo, even if it's something we are always going to have to deal with also.

Members online

Back