Transfer Rumours

I also believe McKenna is worth nothing like the numbers suggested. 1 million would, in my opinion be a deal breaker. Nothing against McKenna I just dont think he is of the required quality if we are to rebuild our central defence.

I'm starting to think this might happen.

I don't think we'd get match change out of £3m + a player or two. One permanent and one on loan.

We'll know soon enough

Not a huge fan of McKenna but will have my backing if we do. It goes to show how difficult it is to get decent players for the money Celtic are willing to pay. The board certainly don't have the same aspirations as the fans though.

Agree 1 million tops,think he could b a decent signing at that,hes very physical something i think we have lacked for a while which was cleary on show at castle greyskull when we were more r less bullied at the back ffs,could add a bit of mental toughness

I think McKenna is little better than Hendry and definitely NOT where we should be looking to solve our defensive issues.

I think he’s a lot better than Hendry. Is he as good as we hoped we would get, if we get him, no would be my response, but Hendry is a Dundee player and always will be. It’s not the lads fault he is here, and I wish him no ill, but he was never good enough and contributed to our collapse in the CL.

McKenna will be better, but I have my doubts he will be good enough if we are really serious about stepppong up a level. Having said that I will welcome him if he does sign and hope he proves my doubts wrong.

I like McKenna, he’s far from perfect but has really only been playing proper football for 18 months and keeps improving.

He’s left sided, which we don’t have, he’s also quick, aggressive, and very good in the air.

So he’s different to what we have.

He will have to keep improving though - hopefully Rodgers can do his magic.

The biggest thing for me though is that we have Stevie Woods as part of the Scottish coaching set-up. We also have John Currie who’s part of the sports science team at Celtic helping out, - they’ll have seen plenty of Scott McKenna, and know all about him/his attitude etc.

Everybody that has worked closely with the kid rates him, he’s captained the U21’s, full team and Aberdeen.

If he signs I’ll be right behind him.

I know a thing or two about Scott McKenna; hence why I advocate relatively strongly for him and, if we get him, one thing is for sure: we're going to have a lad who desperately wants to give everything for the hoops and the fans. I know that doesn't account for a lack of talent, but, in my opinion, he has the capacity to become a Celtic legend. In the atmosphere of Celtic, with better players and better coaches, he's going to improve and improve.

I know a thing or two about Scott McKenna; hence why I advocate relatively strongly for him and, if we get him, one thing is for sure: we're going to have a lad who desperately wants to give everything for the hoops and the fans. I know that doesn't account for a lack of talent, but, in my opinion, he has the capacity to become a Celtic legend. In the atmosphere of Celtic, with better players and better coaches, he's going to improve and improve.

We all hope you’re a right and know that all of us with doubts will be delighted to be shown to be wrong. In fact I will do a backflip of joy if he turns out as good as you think he will.

If as they say we are likely to sign him I hope what you say is true. I will obviously support him if he becomes a Celtic player but have seen nothing in the boy other than enthusiasm. Like most Celtic supporters I have been waiting too long for us to solve the problems of central defence. We added Hendry and we all knew that this was NOT the way to build a solid defence. I worry in the same way with McKenna. Then the numbers bandied around made me actively Rail against players of McKenna.

Last edited:
If as they say we are likely to sign him I hope what you say is true. I will obviously support him if he becomes a Celtic player but have seen nothing in the boy other than enthusiasm. Like most Celtic supporters I have been waiting too long for us to solve the problems of central defence. We added Hendry ansd we all knew that this was NOT the way to build a solid defence. I worry in the same way with McKenna. Then the numbers bandied around made me actively Rail against players of MCkenna.

Mate, but you can't compare McKenna to Hendry. They are worlds apart in terms of their development levels and their 'raw talent' if you like. McKenna is simply a better fitba player. If you watched him in the Scotland and Israel match against Dabbur, who scored three times against us for Salzburg and is linked now with Liverpool and Man Utd, McKenna owned him. He has that capacity. Give him the atmosphere and the electric inspiration of playing for our club and we're going to have a player on our hands. A serious, serious player. If we do sign him and I'm wrong, and Brendan and the scouts and coaches are wrong, and he's a donkey, I'll obviously Stalinistically go back and edit these comments to ensure I can be seen saying it was terrible idea to sign McKenna ;)

But no, while all transfers are a risk, I don't think I'm wrong about this.

Mate, but you can't compare McKenna to Hendry. They are worlds apart in terms of their development levels and their 'raw talent' if you like. McKenna is simply a better fitba player. If you watched him in the Scotland and Israel match against Dabbur, who scored three times against us for Salzburg and is linked now with Liverpool and Man Utd, McKenna owned him. He has that capacity. Give him the atmosphere and the electric inspiration of playing for our club and we're going to have a player on our hands. A serious, serious player. If we do sign him and I'm wrong, and Brendan and the scouts and coaches are wrong, and he's a donkey, I'll obviously Stalinistically go back and edit these comments to ensure I can be seen saying it was terrible idea to sign McKenna ;)

But no, while all transfers are a risk, I don't think I'm wrong about this.
I have my fingers crossed and hope you come through on this one.:)

I hope after all this we are at least actually talking and this isn’t another made up Twittertwaty Agent Kevin farce. At least it would show me that at last we are looking at a CB. Three fucking years late, but you know what they say.

Yeah, I made a resolution about 10 years ago to not speculate on transfers that weren't done deals, having been burned by media nonsense so many times, but here I am. Right back it. As I have been every transfer window since I made the resolution.

Did anyone hear Owen Coyle going on about when he was at Burnley negotiating with Peter Lawwell over, erm, Kyle Lafferty? While it demonstrates once again Lawwell's almost comical thriftiness and intransigence, that's one transfer I'm fucking glad we never made.

McKenna supposedly in Glasgow for signing talks and a medical.

There’s a picture of him in a taxi.

The conclusion. It’s Gkasgow and he’s heading to CP.

Questions.

1. If he was heading to sign would he be traveling on his tod? No agent. No Da even, just him.

2. How do we even know that’s today?

3. How do we know it’s Glasgow.

I could believe we let him pay his own taxi fare though and not send a car. :)

Something about this not seeming quite right. Mostly they will want money. Yes that it. :)

Members online

Latest posts

Back