Transfer Rumours

I'm sure many of you have heard this rumour about us scouting Lawrence Shankland. Wouldn't surprise me if we were watching him, but what do people think about a move for him? Personally, I don't see it. He's banging in goals in the Championship, but I'm not sure he'd be anywhere close to the kind of player Celtic need as we look to evolve and progress on the elite European level. He's also wan o them, as I'm sure you all know. Anyway, what do people think? Yay or nay?
If, and I do mean if, money rules not who he supports. Does he play full or part time?? Besides is it not time for the finished article instead of a project??

If he’s “wan o them” he won’t come. I could never have played for Sevco so if he’s anything like me, he wouldn’t entertain us.

That might very well be true; hence why I mentioned it. As one of their sites put it, 'why would he sign for a club he's hated his entire life?' Maybe he's a mercenary. But I was being slightly tongue-in-cheek. My question was rather about whether anyone would want him. I don't know enough about him. But my instinct says 'no'. Swansea apparently want him.

I'm sure many of you have heard this rumour about us scouting Lawrence Shankland. Wouldn't surprise me if we were watching him, but what do people think about a move for him? Personally, I don't see it. He's banging in goals in the Championship, but I'm not sure he'd be anywhere close to the kind of player Celtic need as we look to evolve and progress on the elite European level. He's also wan o them, as I'm sure you all know. Anyway, what do people think? Yay or nay?

This will likely to surprise you but his agent is one of us fact

Bhoys and girls tiss the season to be jolly ? or should I mean silly? let's just say that the press and media spout the usual nonsense about yuletide reports of the premiership wanting to purchase our entire team ? isn't it a bit boring that in order to stop our dominant grip on Scottish football they will stoop to the lowest possible level to upset our support and team with crackpot stories ? when will these people learn that we are never going away no matter what fairytales they spin! I find it strange that when there is no way to stop us let's just try and unsettle us ? Or is just me?

He is a Sith, but he doesn't strike me as a bigot. I don't think he would sign for us though, not when the Ibrox club will be looking for a striker and will probably be forced to sell Morelos come June. Why would he? We can offer more money, but so can English Championship teams that are already scouting him.

So, IF he wanted to come, which I don't think he would. Should we bid for him?

I'd say yes, if the price is right. He's the kind of target man we currently lack and he'd be good enough for the SPFL. Is he good enough for the level we're trying to reach? (Regular CL groups or EL KO stages). Probably not. But he'd be a cheap signing, he's still 23, and if he didn't improve enough, we could probably recoup the investment anyway.

If signing Shankland is going to provide the board cover for not investing properly this January, though, I say get it to f***.

Very good point about Griffiths. I think Griffiths had proved his ability at a higher level than Shankland though. I'd love us to sign a big CF who is great at holding it up and nabs a good few goals too. A Sutton or Hartson type. Could be deadly with Edouard and our attacking midfielders playing off him.

Wait until you see the new lad that Hearts have in January. He is from the Czech Republic and he is good with his head and his feet. You could describe him as Lafferty with a brain.

Members online

Latest posts

Back