Transfer Rumours

Plenty of joy in my life pal. But you won’t believe that either, will you? I’ve wasted enough time responding to you. You are tedium made flesh. Let’s just agree to loathe each other. And move on.

The verdict is in...guilty as charged ?

The verdict is in...guilty as charged ?

You canny help yersel. Have you got mental issues? I’m beginning to feel bad about having a go at someone who appears to be on the spectrum. You just take your meds or get diagnosed so you can try to come to terms with your totalitarian/fascist dogmatism and always being right, even when your wrong.

The dark nights in your hoos must fly in as you sit and interrogate all and sundry about how you know stuff and you must be obeyed.

Either that or your 17 and as a teenager, act like a know all, know fuck all wee twat.

Enjoy your day putting the world to rights and accusing people of being traitors to the cause. Pity you weren’t about in Germany in the 30’s, youre type would have fitted right in. Heil Heil

You canny help yersel. Have you got mental issues? I’m beginning to feel bad about having a go at someone who appears to be on the spectrum. You just take your meds or get diagnosed so you can try to come to terms with your totalitarian/fascist dogmatism and always being right, even when your wrong.

The dark nights in your hoos must fly in as you sit and interrogate all and sundry about how you know stuff and you must be obeyed.

Either that or your 17 and as a teenager, act like a know all, know fuck all wee twat.

Enjoy your day putting the world to rights and accusing people of being traitors to the cause. Pity you weren’t about in Germany in the 30’s, youre type would have fitted right in. Heil Heil

Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt. ?

This is Kim Jong-un signing off......until next time ?

unfortunately my sarcasm a couple of weeks ago, about no highlights as such exist for Toljan at least as a defender.
You will find previous like this today around 4:52 and again around 5 mins

That is zombie jones! who has little ball control just a bit of pace!

that leaves aside the several runs Toljan never made the over use of passes sideways or unconnected and being out of position too often. Really hope he is just settling in but these trends of lack of proven defensive ability and looking like a prospect, are as apparent from lack of highlights as Kouassi had for a midfielder.

To be fair, Kouassi has been a little unlucky with injuries and was looking handy in his last game and does have at least the build to be a real problem for midfield opponents, so not too worried about him as midfield wise we are good.
Does not mean they both can't become great Celtic players but they appear more signed up raw prospects, and Lustig for all his latter year faults and we the fans deserve a proven replacement for our past efforts.

thankfully we play the zombie club with our fans intimidating them beyond sense next, otherwise Toljan up against ryan kent who is a good Liverpool player, with a handful of our fans behind him, would likely expose us and likely worse than Lustig.

Don't like to notice it, but love Celtic and want better.

Last edited:
Yeah I’ve not been overly impressed with Toljan either - he looks a little nervous, and as a result cuts back too much, and ends up playing a backwards/square pass. Doesn’t look overly powerful either.

He’s hardly played for Dortmund though so maybe we are being a little harsh.

Without a doubt though - Ralston has looked the most impressive(this season) out of Lustig, Gamboa, and now Toljan.

Next year we need someone new, with Ralston as competition.

Lustig and Gamboa have to leave - we’ve had far too many average players picking up fortunes, so it’s a good opportunity to gut the squad.

We won’t get a Danny McGrain, but we need someone as close to Kieran Teirney as we can get, on the right hand side.

Aggressive, loves a tackle, can defend, and go forward.

Yeah I’ve not been overly impressed with Toljan either - he looks a little nervous, and as a result cuts back too much, and ends up playing a backwards/square pass. Doesn’t look overly powerful either.

He’s hardly played for Dortmund though so maybe we are being a little harsh.

Without a doubt though - Ralston has looked the most impressive(this season) out of Lustig, Gamboa, and now Toljan.

Next year we need someone new, with Ralston as competition.

Lustig and Gamboa have to leave - we’ve had far too many average players picking up fortunes, so it’s a good opportunity to gut the squad.

We won’t get a Danny McGrain, but we need someone as close to Kieran Teirney as we can get, on the right hand side.

Aggressive, loves a tackle, can defend, and go forward.
Lustig, Gamboa, and Toljan are all leaving this summer, though it remains to be seen if Lustig or Toljan might be invited back.

But I’m with you. Ralston has looked good every time he’s been selected. I wouldn’t mind making him 1st choice and then signing someone (even Lustig) to play backup a few times per month on relatively low wages. Someone who could do a job domestically but not necessarily needing to be relied upon for ‘big’ matches in Europe or Cup finals etc. That would also allow us to concentrate resources on replacing Boyata and Benkovic with quality permanant replacements (I would prefer £8-10m spent on each).

Yeah we have a few big windows coming up, - like I said, the squad needs gutted.

For our wage bill to be the same as Benfica’s, who have sold £300 million of talent in the last few years is frightening.

We are also paying more than teams like Salzburg, Eintracht Frankfurt(who won every game in their Europa League group) and not much less than teams like Valencia, which I found hard to believe.

These teams have smaller squads, with much more quality/balance.

Lawwell and Rodgers have to leave their ego’s to the side, also Congerton and whoever else, and get a much better plan in place, because at the moment we’d be as well standing and throwing money out the window.

Yep, looked too young and too raw when first played out of necessity, but since his return from loan which was not a Christie like success by accounts Ralston has shown the stamina and aggression required. Ralston is a Celtic quality right back at least in terms of the PL budget, in that context I like him a lot for us, he'll never shirk a tackle.

To be fair to all of them, BR has this rigid 'play out the back' and many a decent basic defender is going to struggle with the 'have to pass to feet' dictate, too often it makes natural simple play look pressured and awkward

Valencia and others have made the law look naïve, hopefully BR actually tells the players what he effectively told the journalist post match Valencia, that is was the players decision to judge when to lump it!!
Personally don't believe BR puts that across as simply as he suggested, BR clearly has a rigid system and they most all know they need stick to it or be dropped like Gamboa.

Back