TRIBUTE to EMILIAMO SALA

Scottish media will paint it as Celtic fans supporting Argentina's claim to the Falkland islands. God forbid they praise us for something...

Indeed. Let's hope that's not the case.

On a tangent, this is a small clip that I always thought was a dig against England on the U.S. television series "The West Wing" (a drama about the White House that was very popular in the '90s). I always thought the role Roger Rees played in this show, Lord John Marbury, was a good one. Rees is being installed as the British ambassador to the U.S. here but I cropped out most of the scene to just show the dig.

https://ytcropper.com/cropped/AE5c64450c22392

You mean the Islas Malvinas

Good point, Frank!

During this conflict, I was working on the news desk at The Miami Herald as a copy editor on the foreign news desk. There was a huge debate about what to call the islands -- bear in mind Miami has a huge Latin American population -- and the resolution was that the newspaper referred to the islands as the "Falklands/Malvinas Islands."

We played Spurs In a pre season friendly during the conflict and wee Ozzie Ardiles was taken aback by the troops chanting Argentina Argentina, I know they were under a fascist regime at the time, but the majority of the nation were against the leaders, it didn't stop me supporting them against the Brits. War crimes aplenty were carried out by Betty Windsors bootboys, including a large number let out of military prison to join in the butchering.

It's a colony ...wtf have these islands got to do with the UK...Can you imagine if Argentina had took the channel islands and did the same thing...what about Gibraltar?..we haven't started have we ...Anyway It's good that we are remembering this terrible tragedy.

It's a colony ...wtf have these islands got to do with the UK...Can you imagine if Argentina had took the channel islands and did the same thing...what about Gibraltar?..we haven't started have we ...Anyway It's good that we are remembering this terrible tragedy.
Spot on mate just a young guy way his life in front of him very sad,,,also got to remember the poor guy flying the plane,,think he’s getting forgot by the press in this?

Tragedy strikes regardless of reason and no-ones immune.

We all die after all.

Such a young guy. Always sad.

Back