Trolls and not feeding them

James Forrest

The Emperor of Ice Cream
Staff member
So, we've done rather well in the last 24 hours; a doubling of our membership and much more engagement.

There's a little housekeeping to do now, and most important of all is in relation to the feeding of trolls.

This site is a new one, it's a public one, and joining is as easy as 1,2,3.

It's going to get easier as well, hopefully, if we can find a way to integrate signing up and posting via Facebook.

That will grow the numbers exponentially.

Unfortunately, it will also bring the trolls. The ease with which new members can join will be fodder for them.

If you think you've spotted a troll report the post.

Do not feed the creature; that's what it wants.

Let us know and we'll check it out, and if necessary terminate the membership. We do not want them here.

Thanks guys.

JF.

So, we've done rather well in the last 24 hours; a doubling of our membership and much more engagement.

There's a little housekeeping to do now, and most important of all is in relation to the feeding of trolls.

It's going to get easier as well, hopefully, if we can find a way to integrate signing up and posting via Facebook.

Unfortunately, it will also bring the trolls. The ease with which new members can join will be fodder for them.

Let us know and we'll check it out, and if necessary terminate the membership. We do not want them here.

Thanks guys.

JF.
Can we not play with them????? For a while

A worthwhile reminder to all the Bhoys and Ghirls. While it's fun to play with these peepul always remember the pitfalls of arguing with an idiot. You almost never win the argument and eventually more often than not they drag you down to their level. Also part of my day job involves mediation. One of my stock pieces of advice is to always maintain the moral high ground. If you lose this you lose ur argument.
As JF said, try not to engage and report. Remember, we're better than them. In every way!

I think the trolling is becoming a bit mor sleekit in some cases. CQN has one or two who are flying under the radar.

I have no doubt this site will take off and become extremely popular and will attract the attention of level 666 and the like.

It might be an idea to give a "bzzzzzzz" to let everyone know if you think something untoward is going on. Just a thought

Thanks guys.

JF.
You want to do something about them on your own blog

A worthwhile reminder to all the Bhoys and Ghirls. While it's fun to play with these peepul always remember the pitfalls of arguing with an idiot. You almost never win the argument and eventually more often than not they drag you down to their level. Also part of my day job involves mediation. One of my stock pieces of advice is to always maintain the moral high ground. If you lose this you lose ur argument.
As JF said, try not to engage and report. Remember, we're better than them. In every way!
Aye your dead right I used to be on Facebook but came off because of these crackerjacks Found myself coming down to their level and we as Celtic supporters are way above that or I would like to think so However some Celtic fans can be just as vile and they need rooting out as well I've nothing against honest, healthy debate and a bit of good humoured banter but keep it sensible and not some manic rant. Enjoy Celtic Noise Bhoys and Girls and use it for what it's meant to be - a forum for football fans and not for bigoted, racist and sectarian comment COYBIG ☺??☺

I find it depressing to have to read posts from moronic, deluded sevconians and I would never dream of engaging with them. It appears that they are not happy with the backing of the media, the establishment and mostly all of the football authorities within this country, but they have to worm their way into our sites to spread their bile and deluded, unfounded ideas of their superiority. The crass stupidity and repetition of lies and nonsense that they insert into our forums and sites is really tiresome and I would never get involved with them and I’d be much happier to exclude them where possible. Hail, Hail!

I find it depressing to have to read posts from moronic, deluded sevconians and I would never dream of engaging with them. It appears that they are not happy with the backing of the media, the establishment and mostly all of the football authorities within this country, but they have to worm their way into our sites to spread their bile and deluded, unfounded ideas of their superiority. The crass stupidity and repetition of lies and nonsense that they insert into our forums and sites is really tiresome and I would never get involved with them and I’d be much happier to exclude them where possible. Hail, Hail!
Meanwhile enjoy their pain!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back