Trolls and not feeding them

Never a troll. Always a man of facts and reason. It isn't chemically capable for most of them. I was banned I think for posting common sense on one ger fourm. No digs nothing. It's reality that sometimes is a problem. The maintenance of mainstream rhetoric is paramount to thier feel good factory. Fingers in ears.
I don't mind the odd troll of theirs. No harm in it. Create as many sign in names as you like my friend. It really doesn't make a difference. Laugh it off and the patter does the rest.

If you can't put your name to your opinion then it's no opinion at all ,it is used by rumour mongers and trolls the same type of people who assume authority to make them feel better.If you beleave in what you are saying why hide??

The fact that we ran all over the top of them will make them less likely to troll. And even if they do, take the cunts on. They have fuck all to shout about. I actually enjoy taking the piss out of the deluded cunts.

Celtic fans troll their sites. Who gives a fuck if one gets through. What are we frightened weans?

“Oh look daddy, a big bad Sevconian said our team is pish, I feel so frightened.”

“Don’t worry son, just close your eyes and ignore him, I’m sure someone has called the police.”

Jesus H Christ man up for fuck sake.

So, we've done rather well in the last 24 hours; a doubling of our membership and much more engagement.

There's a little housekeeping to do now, and most important of all is in relation to the feeding of trolls.

This site is a new one, it's a public one, and joining is as easy as 1,2,3.

It's going to get easier as well, hopefully, if we can find a way to integrate signing up and posting via Facebook.

That will grow the numbers exponentially.

Unfortunately, it will also bring the trolls. The ease with which new members can join will be fodder for them.

If you think you've spotted a troll report the post.

Do not feed the creature; that's what it wants.

Let us know and we'll check it out, and if necessary terminate the membership. We do not want them here.

Thanks guys.

JF.
are you the james forrest wh writes "the celtic blog" if so check out your blog "james forrest's new contract,the amount of posts which have been reported and absolutely nothing done, this is why me and many other real celtic fans don't contribute to that cesspit of of a blog anymore

So, we've done rather well in the last 24 hours; a doubling of our membership and much more engagement.

There's a little housekeeping to do now, and most important of all is in relation to the feeding of trolls.

It's going to get easier as well, hopefully, if we can find a way to integrate signing up and posting via Facebook.

Unfortunately, it will also bring the trolls. The ease with which new members can join will be fodder for them.

Let us know and we'll check it out, and if necessary terminate the membership. We do not want them here.

Thanks guys.

JF.
doesn't matter if you report them,no action is taken, more hit's more money, eh!

doesn't matter if you report them,no action is taken, more hit's more money, eh!
The Celtic Blog is now infested by trolls and will become a no-go area for all decent fans who just want to talk about the footie and have a bit of craic. If that's how JF gets us all to join up to Celtic Noise then fine but he should close down the Blog where he has allowed the man of many names to run roughshod over him. Have some respect JF and either shut it down or get rid of posters who like to call themselves Jimmy Saville for fuck's sake. YOU KNOW who these posters are yet YOU CHOOSE to do nothing and the longer you do nothing the more evil and depraved it will become. Depravity is not a freedom of speech issue.

Celtic fans troll their sites. Who gives a fuck if one gets through. What are we frightened weans?

“Oh look daddy, a big bad Sevconian said our team is pish, I feel so frightened.”

“Don’t worry son, just close your eyes and ignore him, I’m sure someone has called the police.”

Jesus H Christ man up for fuck sake.
no problem with hunskelpin,but jimmy Saville, ffs!! and the others who spout filth about our greatest ever manager,should be removed,some of the huns are quite funny and they get skelped but no site should allow bottom feeders spoutin about child abuse

are you the james forrest wh writes "the celtic blog" if so check out your blog "james forrest's new contract,the amount of posts which have been reported and absolutely nothing done, this is why me and many other real celtic fans don't contribute to that cesspit of of a blog anymore

Where you booted from the group by any chance?

Here we are again

Listen to me, the pair of you, what's the title of THIS thread?

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.

If you guys are incapable of that, the problem might be with you and not anyone else. How hard is it to ignore these people? How difficult is it?

For the record; one of the reasons I wanted forums is that they are easier to moderate than the comments section on that site; I actually have no idea how to access the moderator back-end although I intend to find out; when I do, Michael Duffy, you are one of the guys who's getting blocked from it. I don't mind telling you that. Because you feed the trolls CONSTANTLY.

And that's what keeps them coming back.

As to The Shamrock's assertion that I should "close the blog" haha. Thanks for the advice but I'll pass on it. If people want to discuss stuff with Celtic fans I would suggest this, and the CelticBlog Facebook page, are a better forum for that than on the site.

You know why? Because the Match-Chat app - which is what runs the comments section on the site, totally independent of the site itself - lets anyone sign up and comment. Over on the blog FB page and on here we monitor every member and can easily remove those who are taking the piss.

Match-Chat is a public access app. You are ALWAYS going to get trolls on it.

DO NOT FEED THEM.

That's how you kill them.

I've had a look on there though mate and you guys ARE right, it's a frigging mess.

See, I used to have admin privileges on Match-Chat, but I've not had them or used them for many, many, many, many, many moons ... and in truth I actually FORGOT that it was even on the site, because I use a heavy-duty ad-blocker here at home and I can't even SEE the comments section haha ...

But I'll have new admin access come Monday I hope and then I will definitely clear that comments section out, permanently :)

I've had a look on there though mate and you guys ARE right, it's a frigging mess.

See, I used to have admin privileges on Match-Chat, but I've not had them or used them for many, many, many, many, many moons ... and in truth I actually FORGOT that it was even on the site, because I use a heavy-duty ad-blocker here at home and I can't even SEE the comments section haha ...

But I'll have new admin access come Monday I hope and then I will definitely clear that comments section out, permanently :)
Fair enough. HH

Here we are again

Listen to me, the pair of you, what's the title of THIS thread?

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.

If you guys are incapable of that, the problem might be with you and not anyone else. How hard is it to ignore these people? How difficult is it?

For the record; one of the reasons I wanted forums is that they are easier to moderate than the comments section on that site; I actually have no idea how to access the moderator back-end although I intend to find out; when I do, Michael Duffy, you are one of the guys who's getting blocked from it. I don't mind telling you that. Because you feed the trolls CONSTANTLY.

And that's what keeps them coming back.

As to The Shamrock's assertion that I should "close the blog" haha. Thanks for the advice but I'll pass on it. If people want to discuss stuff with Celtic fans I would suggest this, and the CelticBlog Facebook page, are a better forum for that than on the site.

You know why? Because the Match-Chat app - which is what runs the comments section on the site, totally independent of the site itself - lets anyone sign up and comment. Over on the blog FB page and on here we monitor every member and can easily remove those who are taking the piss.

Match-Chat is a public access app. You are ALWAYS going to get trolls on it.

DO NOT FEED THEM.

That's how you kill them.
no problem getting blocked james i'm done with your blog anyway:coffee:

no problem with hunskelpin,but jimmy Saville, ffs!! and the others who spout filth about our greatest ever manager,should be removed,some of the huns are quite funny and they get skelped but no site should allow bottom feeders spoutin about child abuse

I’m not saying don’t remove scum, but banter and saying we are shite? No, let them stay so I can rip the push out of them.

Thanks guys.

JF.
What is there to be afraid of?? Slaggin them is part of the fun.
HH

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back