Troops online at any given time

hope it enjoying the week off. Me and the Mrs Doc have arrived in Perthshire are luvin it again. Retail therapy 2morrow. Then a week of walking in big tree country.
3-0. Huns will drop points at Livi.
Who will replace SG???? Silly me. It will be Walter of course.
Except what will be do without 450 billion to spend???

Stevie G will remain in place until HUNS get knocked out of Scottish Cup

HH?

hope it enjoying the week off. Me and the Mrs Doc have arrived in Perthshire are luvin it again. Retail therapy 2morrow. Then a week of walking in big tree country.
3-0. Huns will drop points at Livi.
Who will replace SG???? Silly me. It will be Walter of course.
Except what will be do without 450 billion to spend???

Luvin it again?

You are such a sweetheart doc snd a romantic

God bless Gods Bhoys.

❤️

Reading my bible this morning. Hows you?

TET reading his Bible this morning got me thinking and it reminded me of when my youngest daughter was making her Confirmation

The date was 21st May 2003 and as most if not all of you will know that was the date of UEFA CUP FINAL in Seville

To make matters worse the Ceremony was scheduled to start at 7.30 pm

The Parish Priest was consulted the Archbishop was lobbied and it was agreed that the Service would be brought forward to 5.30pm the same evening

This placated most people but unfortunately/fortunately depending on your take along with my Brother In Law I had acquired tickets for the match
What to do? Major dilemma or was it?

We headed straight to Harry Hynds Travel in Baillieston and booked flights and accommodation for 2 for 4 days

Sitting in the Stadium lapping up the atmosphere a couple of hours before Kick off in almost 100 degree heat I reminded my Brother in Law that Amy my daughter was right now making her Confirmation

Well the game started and ended and as they say the rest is history

At full time I turned to the woman sitting beside me and said 'There was no way Celtic were going to win tonight'
She asked what I meant and I told her that the Holy Spirit ha.d been in Crookston that evening when we could have done with him in Seville

I think she was a bit shocked when I explained the scenario but you know what? Although we lost I wouldn't have missed it for the world

When we got home my wife said that she had never heard the Parish Priest speak so bloody quickly as he did that night and as soon as the service ended the church emptied quicker than goose shit going through a tin horn

Ended up taking the wife and kids to Florida in the July to make up for it
Bloody expensive Spring and Summer that year but what the hell ?

HH?

Last edited:
TET reading his Bible this morning got me thinking and it reminded me of when my youngest daughter was making her Confirmation

The date was 21st May 2003 and as most if not all of you will know that was the date of UEFA CUP FINAL in Seville

The Parish Priest was consulted the Archbishop was lobbied and it was agreed that the Service would be brought forward to 5.30pm the same evening

This placated most people but unfortunately/fortunately depending on your take along with my Brother In Law I had acquired tickets for the match

We headed straight to Harry Hynds Travel in Baillieston and booked flights and accommodation for 2 for 4 days

Sitting in the Stadium lapping up the atmosphere a couple of hours before Kick off in almost 100 degree heat I reminded my Brother in Law that any was right now making her Confirmation

At full time I turned to the woman beside me and said ' There was no way Celtic were going to win tonight'
She asked what I meant and I told her that the Holy Spirit was in Crookston that evening when we could have done with him in Seville

I think she was a bit shocked when I explained the scenario but you know what Although we lost I wouldn't have missed it for the world

When we got home my wife said that she had never heard the Parish Priest speak so bloody quickly as he did that night and as soon as the service ended the church emptied quicker than goose shit going through a tin horn

HH?
Untitled.jpg

Sitting in the Stadium lapping up the atmosphere a couple of hours before Kick off in almost 100 degree heat I reminded my Brother in Law that any was right now making her Confirmation

At full time I turned to the woman beside me and said ' There was no way Celtic were going to win tonight'
She asked what I meant and I told her that the Holy Spirit was in Crookston that evening when we could have done with him in Seville

I think she was a bit shocked when I explained the scenario but you know what Although we lost I wouldn't have missed it for the world

HH?
Hail Hail Bill feckin belter!!!!!! so it wiz your fault!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

HH?

When they write a history of the modern history of Celtic supporters they should leave a free chapter for that story mate. Brilliant post mate, emotional stuff Bill.

Each to his own , Bill , but family comes first with me . I could never look my son/daughter in the face again knowing that I had put a football match ahead of their big day .
Holy Spirit Tae blame mate Fuck all ta dae wi' me ???

I actually got a special dispensation far the parish Priest

HH?

Not being a religious type anymore ( though still loaded down with the Catholic guilt complex that was handed at Baptism ) I don't subscribe to theories of supernatural intervention in life's events .
On hearing your story , Bill , I have not had to revise my deeply held beliefs .

However , I do believe in Karma , and no doubt it was Karma that punished you at Seville when you should have been at your daughter's side , and rightly so .
But did all the other Celtic supporters have to be punished too ?
Could Karma not be a little more focussed ?
Why couldn't you have fallen down the terracing and broke every bone in your body - that would be good Karma !
Why couldn't you have been run over by a speeding Seville taxi-driver on his way to HIS daughter's confirmation - that would be good karma !
Why didn't the Spanish immigration officials find a kilo of More-or-less crotch-snapping powder in your luggage and send you down for ten years - that would have been good Karma !

But no , Karma had to punish all of us for your mistake , Bill , I hope you live a long life and regret every day what you did to all us poor supporters .
No wonder Henrik NEVER talks about that game .
I bet he looked up to the terracing and saw you sitting there and thought to himself - '' That's Bill Cowie - shouldn't he be at his daughter's confirmation ? F*ck me , but Karma's gonna get him good ! '' - little realising the fate that Karma had in store for all of us .
HH

Each to his own , Bill , but family comes first with me . I could never look my son/daughter in the face again knowing that I had put a football match ahead of their big day .

Not being a religious type anymore ( though still loaded down with the Catholic guilt complex that was handed at Baptism ) I don't subscribe to theories of supernatural intervention in life's events .
On hearing your story , Bill , I have not had to revise my deeply held beliefs .

However , I do believe in Karma , and no doubt it was Karma that punished you at Seville when you should have been at your daughter's side , and rightly so .
But did all the other Celtic supporters have to be punished too ?
Could Karma not be a little more focussed ?
Why couldn't you have fallen down the terracing and broke every bone in your body - that would be good Karma !
Why couldn't you have been run over by a speeding Seville taxi-driver on his way to HIS daughter's confirmation - that would be good karma !
Why didn't the Spanish immigration officials find a kilo of More-or-less crotch-snapping powder in your luggage and send you down for ten years - that would have been good Karma !

But no , Karma had to punish all of us for your mistake , Bill , I hope you live a long life and regret every day what you did to all us poor supporters .
No wonder Henrik NEVER talks about that game .
I bet he looked up to the terracing and saw you sitting there and thought to himself - '' That's Bill Cowie - shouldn't he be at his daughter's confirmation ? F*ck me , but Karma's gonna get him good ! '' - little realising the fate that Karma had in store for all of us .
HH

The only part of your post that I disagree with is you saying I made a mistake missing the Confirmation

I think it would have been more of a mistake missing the Final

HH?

Sitting in the Stadium lapping up the atmosphere a couple of hours before Kick off in almost 100 degree heat I reminded my Brother in Law that Amy my daughter was right now making her Confirmation

At full time I turned to the woman sitting beside me and said 'There was no way Celtic were going to win tonight'
She asked what I meant and I told her that the Holy Spirit ha.d been in Crookston that evening when we could have done with him in Seville

I think she was a bit shocked when I explained the scenario but you know what? Although we lost I wouldn't have missed it for the world

HH?

You fae baillieston bill?

Am the hottie in it every mornin pal. ?

You fae baillieston bill?

Am the hottie in it every mornin pal. ?

Naw Harry Hynds travel was in Bailieston

I was dragged up in Easterhouse but had little or no interaction wi' Baillieston

My would Da was pally with Dan Hennessey the Parish Priest at St Bridget's after he moved there from At Benedict's in Easterhoose but apart from that no real connection

HH?

Naw Harry Hynds travel was in Bailieston

I was dragged up in Easterhouse but had little or no interaction wi' Baillieston

My would Da was pally with Dan Hennessey the Parish Priest at St Bridget's after he moved there from At Benedict's in Easterhoose but apart from that no real connection

HH?

Easterhouse.

I call that the big egg. ?

Anybody up yet? I cant sleep ?.

Came down for a drink now munching an m + s fruitpack.

Had a belter of a day though ?

Saying farewell to a neighbour. Hope she hated it. ?

Anybody up yet? I cant sleep ?.

Came down for a drink now munching an m + s fruitpack.

Had a belter of a day though ?

Saying farewell to a neighbour. Hope she hated it. ?
Aww great feeling knowing u unlikely to met again lol,been there done it more than once do wonder whythey are always huns lol

Back