TRUMP...

I think Pence is looking out for himself to a large extent - I think he realises there is a distinct possibility that there could be some deaths and he doesn't want to totally alienate these nutters. Those rioters had pipe bombs with them last night and their attire suggested they they were there for a battle. And I truly would not be shocked if one of these lunatics does a James Wilkes Booth and tries to assinate Biden in the coming days/weeks.
The Trumpet has turned that country into a laughing stock by appealing to the lowest common denominator.......................and the second most gullible people to drag their knuckles across the earth.

Just after the election Richard Osman was on The Last Leg and he said this was an option for Trump to stand down and be presidentially pardoned (as Nixon was) by stand-in Pence - I posted that on here which shocked most of us. But last night I think Trump went too far even for Pence who was were strong in his condemnation of the rioters.

I wonder if this will impact future hand-over periods for US Presidents. I can understand a long time ago it may take a couple of months for the logistics of mobilising a government to Washington but that seems archaic in today's society. Every other nation transitions immediately in a matter of days so the outgoing leader can't rush through decrees, appointements, bills, pardons, death penalty sentences, etc.

I'm genuinely amazed that they are allowed to do that BB, Presidential pardons are bad enough as it just gives the green light to the corporate types who donate to their campaigns to engage in whatever corruption and fraud they choose knowing that their donation will ultimately get them off the hook but for a President to be allowed to break the law while in office then get his deputy to pardon him is just nuts.

I'm genuinely amazed that they are allowed to do that BB, Presidential pardons are bad enough as it just gives the green light to the corporate types who donate to their campaigns to engage in whatever corruption and fraud they choose knowing that their donation will ultimately get them off the hook but for a President to be allowed to break the law while in office then get his deputy to pardon him is just nuts.
The greatest democracy in the world...

I think Pence is looking out for himself to a large extent - I think he realises there is a distinct possibility that there could be some deaths and he doesn't want to totally alienate these nutters. Those rioters had pipe bombs with them last night and their attire suggested they they were there for a battle. And I truly would not be shocked if one of these lunatics does a James Wilkes Booth and tries to assinate Biden in the coming days/weeks.
Sadly I wouldn't put it past them mate, but Trumpism is over, he's gone way too far.
There is hope in Biden and Harris, they seem two decent people who want to unite rather than divide, I just hope they get the chance.

The Trumpet has turned that country into a laughing stock by appealing to the lowest common denominator.......................and the second most gullible people to drag their knuckles across the earth.

The worrying thing is Shammy that even when he eventually goes the goons he's mobilised will still be there and will still be out for blood. I can see America collapsing into total chaos if they don't find a way to keep a lid on this.

Sadly I wouldn't put it past them mate, but Trumpism is over, he's gone way too far.
There is hope in Biden and Harris, they seem two decent people who want to unite rather than divide, I just hope they get the chance.
These folks have been force-fed a diet of lies and bizarre conspiracy theories by the extreme right wing media & social media for years now and they have eagerly devoured the bull shit like Kris Boyd at an all you can eat Monster Munch buffet! They now truly believe their hero was cheated out of his deserved landslide victory and he challenged them to see if they would just lie down and accept being defrauded out of a righteous victory by lowlife cheating scum. Their actions are the inevitable consequence of this concerted campaign to provoke them into rising up against this undemocratic slight against good old Murica.

Although Biden seems to have become a better person innhis latter years, personally I hold out more hope for Harris, but there is a significant number of Americans who can never accept her for what she is.

I think the divisions have fairly taken root after seeing last night's performance and hearing some of Trump's supporter talking to tv interviewers.

I think the divisions have fairly taken root after seeing last night's performance and hearing some of Trump's supporter talking to tv interviewers.
The devisions are huge but the lunatics need to be marginalised, at the moment they have the backing of the president, he's incited this, once he's gone (hopefully to jail) I hope they will just become a mouthy, disgruntled minority.

Back