Tulsa Athletic changes its tune

lcafiero

A little background: For those who don't know, virtually all sporting events in the U.S. start off with everyone standing while "The Star-Spangled Banner," the U.S. national anthem, is played. Personally speaking, I try to time my run to the food stand about the time the anthem is about to start so I don't have to participate in this moronic charade. But I digress . . . .

Tulsa Athletic in Oklahoma, a club in the National Premier Soccer League (fourth division, essentially; pro, semi-pro, and amateur players), is changing its tune, ditching "The Star-Spangled Banner" before games for Woody Guthrie's "This Land is Your Land."

My sincere hope is that other clubs in other sports here in the U.S. will pick up the ball -- pun intended -- and run with it as well. What is significant about Tulsa being the first to do this, mostly, is that the city itself is not exactly a hotbed of leftism; quite the opposite, as a matter of fact.

The article below explains it further.

Thank you for attending my TED talk.

Class dismissed. :D

A little background: For those who don't know, virtually all sporting events in the U.S. start off with everyone standing while "The Star-Spangled Banner," the U.S. national anthem, is played. Personally speaking, I try to time my run to the food stand about the time the anthem is about to start so I don't have to participate in this moronic charade. But I digress . . . .

Tulsa Athletic in Oklahoma, a club in the National Premier Soccer League (fourth division, essentially; pro, semi-pro, and amateur players), is changing its tune, ditching "The Star-Spangled Banner" before games for Woody Guthrie's "This Land is Your Land."

My sincere hope is that other clubs in other sports here in the U.S. will pick up the ball -- pun intended -- and run with it as well. What is significant about Tulsa being the first to do this, mostly, is that the city itself is not exactly a hotbed of leftism; quite the opposite, as a matter of fact.

👏 👏👏👏👏🍺🍺👏 Mon the Tulsa! HH

Did you ever hear Fergies star spangled banner 😂

Members online

Latest posts

Back