Turnbull's Greedy Agent knocks back ‘Magnificent’ Celtic offer

Celtic have taken a bit of stick for the Twitter spat and the comparable figures being put out there.

I happen to make them right on that front, because any other side looking at Turnbull now know that the laddie's agents are bad actors on the negotiation stage.

Other clubs might put up better salary offers, but they'll only use that 20 grand as the top line figure, plus - no club will be overly happy at having to work with agents who are that loose-lipped in their deals.

100% SP.

Find it funny how is it burnley to mn city interest?
If Man City were actually interested and got the kid, the kid wouldn’t even get a sniff of their turf so why is he demanding first team football with 20k a week in his tail.

From 1k a week at Well? Think rather than act like a spoilt arrogant princess he should actually show why his demands are feasible.

He hasn’t done that in my book. Not yet.

I would rather give Ewan Henderson the shot.

How are we ever going to know if he is ready if we don’t credit him with his chance at the 90 minutes.

Me personally, i think he’ll smash it out the ball park.

Also will spur on the other bhoys in the academy.

Everyone is assuming its just the agent.

The agent can’t act unless authorised by the player.

Couple of jokers.

Ffs he is basing his worth at 20k a week for 34 games with motherwell. What a nugget.

As an agent, he surely knows what the boy's true worth is but, if he's told. "I want this" and doesn't advise him otherwise, then he's soley in it for all he can get for himself
It's a poker game and their bluff has been called
In my humble opinion, Celtic will move on as they don't need the disruption in the dressing room
HH

Last edited:
think Christie,Armstrong and Robertson could be lookin for a new agent soon!
A good point Michael
A 19 year old having his head filled with nonsense, believing all the hype in MSM is turning his head
I dont doubt that players repped by that agancy will be re-evaluating their contract with them
Especially if they have an affiliation with Glasgow Celtic
Hust my two cents

As an agent, he surely knows what the boy's true worth is but, if he's told. "I want this" and doesn't advise him otherwise, then he's soley in it for all hecan get for himself
It's a poker game and their bluff has been called
In my humble opinion, Celtic will move on as they don't need the disruption in the dressing room
HH
My man plays for Motherwell since a year ago, he is not as class as most of your players, has nort won nothing and basicallty he is on a grand a week , but i am telling you this he will be good and you are sqaundering this opportunity, so imo as his errr agent he is worth, not 5 grand pw or 10 or even 15, but 20K pw, thats how good he will be.
images.jpg

My man plays for Motherwell since a year ago, he is not as class as most of your players, has nort won nothing and basicallty he is on a grand a week , but i am telling you this he will be good and you are sqaundering this opportunity, so imo as his errr agent he is worth, not 5 grand pw or 10 or even 15, but 20K pw, thats how good he will be.
View attachment 3160
Nailed it

Tell you what... this Turnbull fiasco, if it plays out as it seems to be, doesn't half make me appreciate KT, CalMac, Mikey J, Jamesy F, Ewan Henderson, Corpus Christie and all those who will come after them... Celtic Bhoys could probably make a few bob more in England but choose immortality. Even Broonie... I remember him being asked about England years ago and he said "Why would I? I'm the captain of Glasgow Celtic."

Give the kid Turnbull til Monday, I say, then leave him to the mortals.

Sorry. I think that train has left the station. If this was some sort of "mistake" or "miscommunication," it would have been resolved by now. Fuck this clown.

I don't necessarily think that's true. Like loads of posters have said, this transfer has been so public. They might all be like this but we don't know it.

As the rest of my post suggests, this kid might be a poorly advised little mercenary, and I love those Bhoys who aren't, but I've literally got boxer shorts older than him and so let's give him a chance to make things right.

I think of our captain, Scott Brown. It looked very much like he would join the Orcs all those years ago - he came to us because we presented more money. Now he's one of the most important players in our modern history.

As the rest of my post suggests, this kid might be a poorly advised little mercenary

And how, exactly, does that make him Celtic material? Here's what "poorly advised mercenary" says to me: a.) self-centered, and b.) not all that smart if he's being easily misled.

There are hundreds, possibly thousands, of players as good or better than Turnbull available. He had his shot. He blew it. Next . . . .

The only similarity I see between Turnbull and Broony is that they're both human and both male. That's pretty much where the comparison ends.

And how, exactly, does that make him Celtic material? Here's what "poorly advised mercenary" says to me: a.) self-centered, and b.) not all that smart if he's being easily misled.

There are hundreds, possibly thousands, of players as good or better than Turnbull available. He had his shot. He blew it. Next . . . .

The only similarity I see between Turnbull and Broony is that they're both human and both male. That's pretty much where the comparison ends.

You've quoted that part of my post out of context. I said he may well be a mercenary. He may well not be Celtic material. He may well sign for some third-rate English team for a bit more money. If this is the case then, as the club said, we move on. It looks increasingly like this will be the case.

Part of me - just a small part, mind - thinks the boy might be gallus as fuck. Maybe he's saying, "Tell them to give me what that paid Brown when he arrived - that'll mean they're serious." Now, that's mental but... Maybe he sees Scott Allan, Jack Hendry etc and has heard about Riordan, Pearson etc and thinks, "Shit, that better not be me." We didn't play those players because we could drop them. Broonie was chronic at times when he first came but because he arrived with the big fee and was on the big wage, WGS pretty much couldn't drop him.

I'm not saying any of this is right and, as many have said, Celtic should probably just walk away. I'm just trying to be Celtic-spirited about it.

Some of the posts in this thread have gone a bit F*llow F*llow in their tone and content.

Just think, the fact the details of this deal has went so public, every transfer negotiation PL will enter this summer, the players agent will want £10kpw minimum.

“Well, you’re paying a young kid with only 30 spl games to his name that”

PL will be fuming

I don't have any ill feeling toward this transfer. Far as I'm concerned if he doesn't take the offer it's up to him.
The whole thing getting played about in the media strikes as a bit of tit for tat bollocks that Motherwell started.
A lot of Scottish lads go down the same route. If he is offered first team football even scraping the drop with Wednesday then he might take it. He needs to play and if there are too many lads in front of him here it might not be what he is after. The lads a good goal scorer but isn't proven as an alround midfielder yet and may never make the holy grail of the Epl so where does he go to make the dough?
If 12k is the offer then I'm happy with that. Blame TV money. Its always a kick in the teeth when a baw bag championship team can offer a daft wage...just the way it is.
Media up here are running wild with it because they have fuck all else to type up except rewriting blog or fan site rumours. Apart from wheeling out some eejit dinosaur for an interview the sports desks are just frequented by a bunch of cut and paste baboons.
If the deal isn't dead I'd still take him

Just think, the fact the details of this deal has went so public, every transfer negotiation PL will enter this summer, the players agent will want £10kpw minimum.

“Well, you’re paying a young kid with only 30 spl games to his name that”

PL will be fuming
If we are going for first team players (as we feckin should be?) 10k and up will probably be where we are at. We were lucky with Van and Vic

Back