Two Seasons in Parallel?

oj17

I guess no reason with some decent planning that the new season could start in parallel with the old season finishing if we get into July before football starts. Sat for current season, Wed for new season.

First of all you would re-jig some current fixtures so that the split and then relegation/promotion issues could be finalised - but of course this still might come down to last games of season. However, then some of the teams outwith the relegation/promotion spots could face each other in the new season whilst old season continues.

Too much of a logistical nightmare?

I guess no reason with some decent planning that the new season could start in parallel with the old season finishing if we get into July before football starts. Sat for current season, Wed for new season.

First of all you would re-jig some current fixtures so that the split and then relegation/promotion issues could be finalised - but of course this still might come down to last games of season. However, then some of the teams outwith the relegation/promotion spots could face each other in the new season whilst old season continues.

I think so mate. They cancelled a Climate change conferance due to take place in November. That gives you a realistic idea of why i can't see this season being completed.

I would love the season to get finished, so we could enjoy 9iar with the players and the party afterwards etc. But honestly cant see this season getting completed, they have no idea when this virus is going to peak, and the longer we wait the more smaller clubs are going to struggle financially. They need to just make a decision soon, so teams can plan for next season in my opinion.

Not necessarily a logistical nightmare. That will depend on when UEFA decree the qualifying rounds for CL and EL start. We have to have our league positions finalised by then. Scottish cup winners get entry to 2nd qualifying round of EL. If we do the double (always assuming that the cup is completed) then 2nd place in the league gets a bye into the 2nd qualifying round. I assume that this would also be the case in the event of Scottish cup remaining incomplete.
Your idea works if we only have to consider Scottish football. Potentially it could become a nightmare when UEFA get involved.

Members online

Latest posts

Back