Ukraine Vs Scotland Nations league Group B1 decider Tuesday 19:45 CPT Krakow Polska

Even in the defensive display last night we were trying to get forward. Was a great effort considering all the injuries.

3 subs at once just like Ange 😂
Aye I've seen elsewhere cunts saying we were shite lastnite(no doubt huns) I thought the team knew exactly what they doing aye they had chances that's fitbaw I sometimes wonder if people expect no chances to be gave up ever 🤔 dafties

Aye I've seen elsewhere cunts saying we were shite lastnite(no doubt huns) I thought the team knew exactly what they doing aye they had chances that's fitbaw I sometimes wonder if people expect no chances to be gave up ever 🤔 dafties
Played the offside line really well. There was a couple of panic merchants, who shall remain nameless, but overall I wasn’t shiting it as much as usual

Played the offside line really well. There was a couple of panic merchants, who shall remain nameless, but overall I wasn’t shiting it as much as usual
Same I was strangely quite comfy watching lastnite tbh every team gives chances up as for that offside trap 👏 fair play to the gaffer for getting that drilled into them that extra 20 yards forward is vital it's only shitebags like wee giofanny who are terrified to play on the front foot these days 😁 hope he gets the full 4 year

Definitely a downside to UEFA having another competition in play Cairnsy. Upside is less friendlies and more competitive games for us to develop the squad. Hopefully we’ll get back to what I grew up with - Scotland at major tournaments 👍
Slight concern TTQ was the Steve Clarke interview when asked about the chances of "Scotland not needing a play off' for the Euros and qualifying outright.
He answered by saying something like " well that's the next managers concern , my contract is up " at the end of the year or soon.

That's a concern as he has Scotland showing our best since WGS.
I'm hoping that this was a hint at the SFA and he wants to continue.
At the same time he's led us to a major tournament, a WC play off ( after beating a very decent Denmark side that not many sides of our stature if any can claim, and now a 3 in 1.
Winners of our group, promotion to the top tier nations league and a Euros play off position, throw in we'll be in 2nd seeded pot 2 and it's a 4 in 1 achievement that he may think hes took us as far as he can.

Like everyone else, I'm hoping it's a hint at the SFA but could anyone blame him for wanting to return to club football while his stock is incredibly high?
I couldnt , he gets the best from his players, as he did at killie.
I'm still concerned that we only have 2 strikers to rely on, 1 a championship striker with little to no chance of winning promotion with QPR.
We need more options up front if we're serious about challenging at the A tier level.
The defence and midfield has real quality in it, as good as Adams and Dykes are for Scotland I fear it's not enough for that level.
It's a concern definately, though let's just enjoy this for now , looking down on the England 😊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Slight concern TTQ was the Steve Clarke interview when asked about the chances of "Scotland not needing a play off' for the Euros and qualifying outright.
He answered by saying something like " well that's the next managers concern , my contract is up " at the end of the year or soon.

That's a concern as he has Scotland showing our best since WGS.
I'm hoping that this was a hint at the SFA and he wants to continue.
At the same time he's led us to a major tournament, a WC play off ( after beating a very decent Denmark side that not many sides of our stature if any can claim, and now a 3 in 1.
Winners of our group, promotion to the top tier nations league and a Euros play off position, throw in we'll be in 2nd seeded pot 2 and it's a 4 in 1 achievement that he may think hes took us as far as he can.

Like everyone else, I'm hoping it's a hint at the SFA but could anyone blame him for wanting to return to club football while his stock is incredibly high?
I couldnt , he gets the best from his players, as he did at killie.
I'm still concerned that we only have 2 strikers to rely on, 1 a championship striker with little to no chance of winning promotion with QPR.
We need more options up front if we're serious about challenging at the A tier level.
The defence and midfield has real quality in it, as good as Adams and Dykes are for Scotland I fear it's not enough for that level.
It's a concern definately, though let's just enjoy this for now , looking down on the England 😊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
As always Winter you cover all things well, so no arguments from me.
With what he said about nexts managers problem I didn’t read that. I read he’d said we won’t need the play off as this group will qualify.
My thought when I read that was, that could be the hill you die on Steve 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿😳

As always Winter you cover all things well, so no arguments from me.
With what he said about nexts managers problem I didn’t read that. I read he’d said we won’t need the play off as this group will qualify.
My thought when I read that was, that could be the hill you die on Steve 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿😳
Have a wee read at this

Clarke pleased as Scotland earn promotion point against Ukraine via @OneFootball. Read it here:

It is massive achievement. I know he isn't really loved on here, but Steve Clarke - and all the players - deserves a lot of praise.

Yes, it is a tough watch sometimes but we don't have the best squad and have suffered terribly with injuries. Not having a deadly goalscoring striker makes life tougher - thankfully McGinn has chipped in with a lot of important goals.
It's been a long time since Scotland had players who have each other's backs
Playing their hearts out for the jersey
Steve Clark has them all believing and they have some great players in midfield
Our former keeper, is playing out of his skin at the age of 40, and it's good to see them not fearing anyone they play
Hope they go far in the Euro's, they'll go out and hopefully play to their strengths, rather than set up to stop other teams
I don't mind losing, as long as they give 100% for the cause
Well done the Sconnie Botland

It's been a long time since Scotland had players who have each other's backs
Playing their hearts out for the jersey
Steve Clark has them all believing and they have some great players in midfield
Our former keeper, is playing out of his skin at the age of 40, and it's good to see them not fearing anyone they play
Hope they go far in the Euro's, they'll go out and hopefully play to their strengths, rather than set up to stop other teams
I don't mind losing, as long as they give 100% for the cause
Well done the Sconnie Botland
There was a moment or two I was a bit concerned.
One in particular when McLean looked like he was pissed off by getting a telling off by someone, I didn't see from who and another when Porteus looked a bit confused about something but both stuck to the task at hand.

I'm positive that game wouldve been a different proposition what it not been for the troubles of the Ukrainian nation and been played in Kiev or Donetsk in front of a partisan crowd.
Still, that's not our fault, nor theirs for that matter and we can only play where we're told.
A thoroughly deserved point.
I mind leaning over to my pal 10 minutes into the 2nd half and saying " hopefully we can continue with this boring as fek type of game , frustrating them, which we did.

Going to be far tougher in the ' Elite nations level' that England and Wales arent good enough to play in 😁
Love that, say it again,
'Elite nations level that England and Wales arent good enough to play in 😁
We might get handed oor arses a few times but if we win ONE game then we're doing better than both of them.
Given the way we've been playing under Clarke and how high the confidence is amongst the squad, that's not beyond us.
If we can beat Denmark at Hampden then I firmly believe that we can beat most sides if we're full strength.
Scotland aside , only the best nations have beaten Denmark

I made the mistake of reading the bbc article, they didn’t include that quote! Hopefully he’s just being facetious cos if the blazers need to come up with an alternative 🤦‍♂️
Really hope so anaw TTQ , must admit I was sceptical about his appointment to the post.
Thought it smacked of a 'gagging order' contract from the SFA but it wasn't only that.

I was also sceptical about his ability for playing attacking football, his defensive qualities were never in question having seen what he'd done at killie.
His team knew all about that side of the game.

Going forward though?
I wasnt convinced he was the man to lead Scotland.
How we started the World Cup Qualifying campaign early last year.
Tbf a 2-2 draw at home to the Austrians at the time didnt appear to be a disaster of a start, especially when we had to come back to equalise twice in that game , 85th minute from McGinn to nick a point from a decent Austria side but later we found out just how costly that start would be, the first 4 games sealed our fate , that game was followed by a 1-1 draw in Israel, 4-0 @home V The Faroes and the 2-0 defeat in Copenhagen and Denmark were out of sight 4games from 10 and were playing for 2nd place, 7pts shipped 5pts from 12 the Danes with 12/12.
His insistence on playing Hanley, and Mctominey as 1 of 3 at the back right side made no sense to me.
From there though we go on an incredible run of winning all 6 of our last games to take an unlikely 2nd place and play off spot beating Denmark at hampden to set up the disaster play off V Ukraine with a back 3 of Cooper, Hanley, Mctominey, asking for trouble and we got spanked.

Hes proved me wrong happy to say, not just for topping a nations league table but also his guiding us to our first major finals in a generation.
That win against Serbia to qualify ( albeit the *covid empty stadium season) beforehand was impressive. Though our actual Euro campaign, largely forgettable.
We really missed the fans.
Wembley aside, 1 goal from calmac and the Marshall disaster at hampden very disappointing.
Still we could see improvements.
These were very decent teams.

Now Hanley isnt in the side ( long may that continue), weve pulled off some impressive eye catching results.

A top tier European side, dont think anyone saw that coming aye it could've been different had we played in Ukraine with that side but not our fault and impressive again.

If he decides he wants another crack at the Euros he deserves it.
SFA should be sorting out an offer now, though no one can blame him if he wants a club position and he will get an EPL club now I'm sure.

Would seem almost unthinkable for him not to be the head coach now and who could we replace him with anyway?
Answers on a postcard.

Edit: It sure does help when the majority of the Scotland side have come through the Celtic set up in recent seasons, they all know each other very well and can translate that fast tempo pressing game manufactured at CP into the Scottish team has to be said that's always going to make things easier.

Members online

Latest posts

Back