Ukraine Vs Scotland Nations league Group B1 decider Tuesday 19:45 CPT Krakow Polska

Winter

Down to the wire we go between Ukraine and Scotland to see who will become a top tier team and join the upper echelons of Group A sides next season.

We've all been here before with Scotland of course so the less said about that the better.
We know we can do this.
The more said about that the better.

This is a neutral venue so an away game for both countries with the emphasis on Scotland being the away, away side.
With the rest of the world all sympathising with the Ukrainians obviously, against wee bonny Scotland
(we're not used to that) everybody's usually wanting us to win these games because we often don't. So hopefully that will work in our favour and all the pressure is on Ukraine ( ano feel terrible typing that).
That said , I'm sure we have loads of support in Russia, Iran and China.

This will be tough in more ways than one,
I remember the last time we played them, ( last week) they were brutal and with the Ireland game just as bad, its taken its toll and we have bad news.

For Scotland's most important game since Saturday, news in today.
Scotland, (despite the manager saying) our bhoys were ok, are not ok.

We will be missing Kieran Tierney and Scott McKenna who both were injured during the Ireland game.
Andy Robertson is still out injured and joining them Scott Mctominey's yellow card proved really costly as he is suspended.
That's some really experienced players missing there and Scott McKenna.

Have no fear as these days the depth of our squad is really strong and in comes.. Hearts duo
Barrie McKay and Stephen Kingsley.
Both experienced internationals with one cap each.

This will likely mean Greg Taylor starting as KTs direct replacement, it appears both Patterson and Hickey have travelled but who will be partnering Hendry at CB is anyones guess.
Looking at our squad possibly looking at Ryan Porteus or Declan Gallagher slotting in beside Hendry and we might have to go with a back 4 .
Worked against Ukraine last time , though I'm no Steve Clarke.

The fact it appears to be only McKay and Kingsley that's been draughted in gives the impression Clarke has confidence in Porteus and Gallagher.
Tbh I'm not sure why the need for McKay but again I'm not Clarke he knows best.

I'm not convinced of a back 3 though Taylor Hendy Hickey/ or/Patterson doesnt look bad we were better with the back 4 I felt.
Fortunately Souttar and Hanley are out 😂

Ukraine made ELEVEN changes, aye XI changes from the side we beat at hampden and they whipped Armenia 5-0 so theres no underestimating their sense of determination, thankfully Zinchenko is out injured.
That is a boost for us.

A draw is enough but we cant play for a draw said our Celtic captain Calmac so it's full throttle again strap in , gonny be another mad night and something else if we pull this off with our defenders dropping like flies ( not fruit flies they're everywhere).

Can we book a place in the next Euros play offs before it's even started and go into the elite group A tier at the same time?
That would be an incredible achievement for Clarke has to be said.

C'MON THE SCOTLAND 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Last edited:
Feel like I owe an apology to the noise for posting a link written by Tom English 😳
Sorry about that noisers tbf it was early bells and I didnt even look at who the column was written by, yes that's a shoite excuse I'd ony hud the wan coffee by then aaandduuh aye my bad. 😳

On another note and moving quickly away from that error , theres a cool wee bit at the bottom of that column.

Pick your preferred formation , then choose which side you'd play if you were Ste......if you were Scotland manager.

I've gone 4-5-1 , normally I would like to play two strikers in a game but since we only have two strikers in the squad at any time, I thought it prudent to go with the one up front .

I can understand why Barrie McKay has been called up by Clarke, he's had a decent start to the season.
At the same time though the teams lost so many big players and we are sorely lacking experience for this , must be said it's a huge game for Scotland with the chance of a Euros play off place at stake and promotion to the top tier.

In which case , were I James Forrest I'd be disappointed not to get the call before McKay.
Sure McKay has played more football than Jamesy but hes fit and ready to play and would automatically be one of our most experienced players in the squad with 38 caps under his belt. I'm positive he'll be gutted.

It's an interesting wee doodle because you get to see just how much Scotland are down to the bare bones for this game.

Anyways have a look at the bottom of the link above, and let's have a look at what we might do differently between us?
Just for fun?
Furra laugh ?
Cmon play the game troops.

Pick formation and add your player
Then screenshot it and attach file.
Here's one I made earlier 😁🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

20220926_164124.jpg

Edit : I'm not being anti - push guzzling heathens it's just that Gordon's a better keeper than McCrorie and Ryan Jack is...well hes Ryan Jack and just not good enough to start in front of Turnbull , former next big thing and teammate Gilmour and even McLean gets the nod fae Clarkey ahead of him.
Ach hes no bad but inconsistent

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back