Vaccine ?

Steviebhoy2

Can't see the coronovirus thread due to me being a newbie maybe.
Sounds brilliant that the antivirus will be available soon. I keep thinking. How can we fastrack a system that normally takes 10 years in 10 months?
I would assume there was a reason for that. Long term? Will people die from the vaccine itself? Obviously I'm looking at a worst scenario. Or am i?
What IF we get the solutions wrong? If everyone given any of the vaccines has side effects?
Why can't the same be applied to flu that eradicates the need for yearly jabs?
Just my brain fart

Sounds brilliant that the antivirus will be available soon. I keep thinking. How can we fastrack a system that normally takes 10 years in 10 months?
I would assume there was a reason for that. Long term? Will people die from the vaccine itself? Obviously I'm looking at a worst scenario. Or am i?
What IF we get the solutions wrong? If everyone given any of the vaccines has side effects?
Just my brain fart
They say its passed medical standards so if thats the case and it gets us back to normal for the start of next summer, count me in
God only knows whats been in some of the shite we've all consumed over the year's anyway, obfuscated by E numbers
If Boris says it's safe, it must be, surely ? :unsure:

They say its passed medical standards so if thats the case and it gets us back to normal for the start of next summer, count me in
God only knows whats been in some of the shite we've all consumed over the year's anyway, obfuscated by E numbers
Good point some silly bastard told me cigarettes were bad for me recently!
But I might cut down to 20 a day just to be safe 🤔

Just my brain fart
Covid-19 is a new virus and hasn't had time to mutate like the ordinary flu virus hence why they've been able to come up with a vaccine more quickly without cutting corners. Being in a high risk category and still working I've decided to get it as soon as I can as it has to be better than living with anxiety all the time. It's a rock and a hard place decision but one I'm willing to take.

Just my brain fart
Are we gettin used as an experiment....see how things go...:unsure:

What if it is a placebo and we are simply been coaxed back out and simply into a herd immunity. That was the theory before that the majority in the poor areas get it for the good of all, we simply die or survive becoming immune and as a result the virus is weakened and becomes simply a seasonal flu.

Covid-19 is a new virus and hasn't had time to mutate like the ordinary flu virus hence why they've been able to come up with a vaccine more quickly without cutting corners. Being in a high risk category and still working I've decided to get it as soon as I can as it has to be better than living with anxiety all the time. It's a rock and a hard place decision but one I'm willing to take.
Me tae

What if it is a placebo and we are simply been coaxed back out and simply into a herd immunity. That was the theory before that the majority in the poor areas get it for the good of all, we simply die or survive becoming immune and as a result the virus is weakened and becomes simply a seasonal flu.
So all of these top scientists and medical professionals have spent 10 months night and day and billions of pounds to come up with a placebo?
Bit of an insult to their commitment in my opinion.

So all of these top scientists and medical professionals have spent 10 months night and day and billions of pounds to come up with a placebo?
Bit of an insult to their commitment in my opinion.
Its a what if scenario, not an insult, and in a what if scenario and to an extent in real life we dont always have to trust the word of a man with letters after his name. Many a medical proffessional has committed horrible crimes and deception in this world. Just for the record I am close to a front line worker every day of my life to date, so I do know the precautions required, its a what if response.

Its a what if scenario, not an insult, and in a what if scenario and to an extent in real life we dont always have to trust the word of a man with letters after his name. Many a medical proffessional has committed horrible crimes and deception in this world. Just for the record I am close to a front line worker every day of my life to date, so I do know the precautions required, its a what if response.
I'd agree if this vaccine was the creation of one person or even a few people but this has been a genuinely global response, I have no idea the numbers involved are but I'm sure its many many thousands of scientists and I trust them far more than I'd trust politicians.
The other thing to consider is if it's not an extremely effective vaccine we'd all find out in a couple of months because people who took it would still be contracting it.
My only concern would be long term issues and how does it react with other medications etc? I was speaking to a guy today who suffers from extreme bipolar and that's what worries him, hes on a shit load of medication, will it be ok in conjunction with a cocktail of different drugs?
I have no idea the answer to that but my gut instinct is to trust the science.

I'd agree if this vaccine was the creation of one person or even a few people but this has been a genuinely global response, I have no idea the numbers involved are but I'm sure its many many thousands of scientists and I trust them far more than I'd trust politicians.
The other thing to consider is if it's not an extremely effective vaccine we'd all find out in a couple of months because people who took it would still be contracting it.
My only concern would be long term issues and how does it react with other medications etc? I was speaking to a guy today who suffers from extreme bipolar and that's what worries him, hes on a shit load of medication, will it be ok in conjunction with a cocktail of different drugs?
I have no idea the answer to that but my gut instinct is to trust the science.
We still get colds and flus with the flu jab only difference is the jab fights it, what if you took a vaccine for covid all new, and then you develop symptons, do you trust its just similiar to the flu jab and this will work, has anyone had a jag who did not have it and then been put into a contamined state to see the effects.

Members online

No members online now.

Back