Valencia v Celtic - Mestalla Stadium, 21 February - all comments here

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Celtic, trailing by 2-0 after the first leg need to get the first goal in this match to re-ignite the tie. The players and management are saying all the right things, 10,000 Celtic fans are making their way to the game and will as usual be a credit to our club. Most though have written off our chances after last week's disappointment. On the basis that i'm not going to start predicting a Celtic defeat on here, I'll go for Valencia 1 Celtic 1.

What do you think?

Maybe time for BR to try something different. 3-4-2-1?

Bain
Simunovic Boyata Ajer
Toljan Brown McGregor Hayes
Burke Weah
Edouard

Front three interchanging positions, more long balls out of defence behind their full backs?

Sadly it'll be the same old team with the same old tactics and the same old away result.
0-2

They'll expect us to sit in, try to feel our way into the game.

I'd ask the players to go for them, replicate the Leipzig home-tie tempo if they can; get Valencia out of their comfort zone early and force them to play.

It's a free hit. They believe the job is done; if we can grasp momentum, the psychology behind it puts them on the back foot, has them unsure of their superiority and gives us a slim chance.

We only ever seem to do that in the home euro ties we win. Be nice to see the team play it like a one-off cup-tie and get some breaks.

First goal all-important.

Pressure is off - we don't expect much in this game , so go for it !
Let some of the less experienced Euro campaigners have a chance - it can't hurt as the ''old campaigners'' haven't done much in recent times .
Let them off the leash , Brendan , and let's see what they can do . Nobody will blame you if we get beaten - the press have written us off anyway , the rest of Scottish Football will take some small pleasure from a defeat - but at least we are there , where are they ?

( What's that I heard ? Thank you , Celtic for the £300,000 gift from your CL campaign ? No, I was mistaken . Still haven't heard anything about that . funny , eh ?)

If we played our own game not this sideways tippy tappy then i would be all fo going for it , were out just now anyway but i feel it will be another sideways show , hope i'm wrong

It will be, but, doing it properly with players moving into space is the difference we need. They collectively shat a brick. That was the most saddening thing. I can take being outclassed, but to bottle it so you can’t play a fucking pass five yards? That’s not acceptable. They should have been embarrassed with themselves and determined not to look that far off a team again on Thursday. They need to grow a pair in Europe. Too many times they shite it and look defeated within 20 minutes.

We are out, go for it. Step up to that plate. They can perform so much better. The thing they have iz Valencia think we are shit. Let’s fuck that one on the head and see how it goes.

As it currently stands, the game's a free hit. Doubt the locals will be over enthused and maybe it's a night for hammer-throwing and hoofing.

Bit annoyed at Celtic playing "nice" in Europe. Maybe it's time to dish out a bit of punishment and see how it plays out.

It's not as if we haven't had a few tonkings, so why not go death or glory and at least give 10,000 Celts something to shout about, other than killie humping the huns!

They'll expect us to sit in, try to feel our way into the game.

I'd ask the players to go for them, replicate the Leipzig home-tie tempo if they can; get Valencia out of their comfort zone early and force them to play.

It's a free hit. They believe the job is done; if we can grasp momentum, the psychology behind it puts them on the back foot, has them unsure of their superiority and gives us a slim chance.

We only ever seem to do that in the home euro ties we win. Be nice to see the team play it like a one-off cup-tie and get some breaks.

First goal all-important.
Honestly if we do that I think we'll get fucked.

We looked as if we could have done something in that first 15 minutes, lets not forget that, we struggled and panicked when they got their press better and higher up. How will they approach this game? I fear that they see this as a chance to win a cup- their results show they are a team hard to beat so cup football may suit them. However if they're not up for it and we can sustain the pace of the first 15 minutes at Celtic Park - who knows? I can take a defeat and would be more disappointed if we didn't give it a go.

Valencia won’t be over confident, even though I hope they are, they are too good for that and my fear is they will go all out to get an early goal and burst any balloon we turn up with.

Our defence, or lack of, I fear will be our downfall. I am sure from mid to front we will be better, but the age old problem of us going into Europe with a shite defence I think will undo anything the rest of the team achieve. I have less than zero confidence without KT and Benkovic being in. I suppose if we do play well, apart from the defence, then maybe, just maybe, the Tin Hiders will at last decide that quality needs to be bought in the summer to improve our porous and suicidal back line.

We have to have a go. I do have confidence we can score, but none we can hold out. And after four years waiting for something to be done is well beyond the ridiculous stage now. It’s in the, what the fuck is their problem, zone. If we have another year without the board acting to buy better defenders it should lead to calls for them to get to fuck out of our club. It’s criminal negligence in my book.

Here’s hoping we get that early goal and at least show we are better than last weeks shambles.

Expect Valencia to start same as Paradise, set up strong, see what we're doing then 20mins in tweek tactics to suit.

All out Banzai attack with balls coming from every angle up to Eddie n Ollie with 3 at the back would be ideal, however, usual Athens away performance expected but hopefully solid performance with no injuries, back hame for tea n bed then huge malky to the never-beens n has-beens of our near 'family sectarians'' of manky 'Well on Sunday.
I really really no like Motherwell or their disgusting 'fans', anyway....

'Mon The Champions ?HH?

Members online

Latest posts

Back