Valencia v Celtic - Mestalla Stadium, 21 February - all comments here

No loss of faith and certainly no disgrace,the gave it a go,yes we could have got a goal but such is life,the ref gave a soft second yellow but let the one on Broonie go?? Bain so unlucky with goal pulled off some crackers the team played to thier best can't ask for more, onwards and upwards HH

Fucking proud of them. We need a replacement for Lustig, but Trojan isn’t it. Up until he got sent off, we outplayed a top La Liga team. We should have been ahead. Trojan gets sent off you think, we are going to collapse, we didn’t.

We can go toe to toe with a top team, in their midden, without Tierney, Benkovic and Rogic. Imagine if you will, how good good we could be if they utter fucking shitebags on our board would find that bastard tin and open the cunt?

I love all of they Bhoy’s tonight. Step up board you bastards. We would all rather die on our feet, than live on our knees. Have the belief the support have. Stand up you cunts. If you do, we will fly. Grow a pair.

Well done lads. Let’s go on a win this fucking treble. HH

Last edited:
Toljan was unlucky to get the second booking, but his positioning and awareness are not great.
Unfortunately Toljan adding to the fears we do not have an actual defensive right back in him. Scott Browns face speaks volumes, just walks past him without a word or look to Toljan or complaint on the red.
You can spot someone who struggles to defend by the habit of holding or tugging jerseys, He has done every match to date for us.

Hayes showed well, he is limited because of crossed balls. In a ideal world they'd all be 6 feet plus, thought Ajer was terrific apart from the header off target.
Boyata shined in his window of opportunity and Burke may have looked too good at times for us to have a chance of signing.

Is BR learning about defensive tactics and that sometimes they do have a place at least in a European match.

Toljan was unlucky to get the second booking, but his positioning and awareness are not great.
Unfortunately Toljan adding to the fears we do not have an actual defensive right back in him. Scott Browns face speaks volumes, just walks past him without a word or look to Toljan or complaint on the red.
You can spot someone who struggles to defend by the habit of holding or tugging jerseys, He has done every match to date for us.

Hayes showed well, he is limited because of crossed balls. In a ideal world they'd all be 6 feet plus, thought Ajer was terrific apart from the header off target.
Boyata shined in his window of opportunity and Burke may have looked too good at times for us to have a chance of signing.

Is BR learning about defensive tactics and that sometimes they do have a place at least in a European match.

I don’t see what everyone else sees in Burke...I didn’t think he added much of anything today. One good challenge and run, with a terrible second touch today.

I don’t see what everyone else sees in Burke...I didn’t think he added much of anything today. One good challenge and run, with a terrible second touch today.

I’m with you. Running into space and making a cunt of it I could do. When he needed to produce the touch required he didn’t have it. He put a shift in though. He gave his all, but, when he needed to have that extra touch of class? It wasn’t there.,l

Burke has some great qualities, a lot of which we need but I do notice he misses that expected touch. His German career hinted as such but he can do a job for us right now and be a part of a triple treble. Might help relax him (and put his price up) HH

Surely you can blame Ajer for not netting the ball in but he was very good defensively.It maybe is not a good idea putting him as a right back but that was because of Tolijan and he should take his place.This formation wasn't bad at all but I was all suspicious that we'll go ten-men.The problem is we should have been playing with this intensity on previous european matches.If you observe Valencia's display you ll see that in the first half they did almost nothing.Also they were caught off guard defesnively a lot of times but they were more clinical.Valencia is an organised team and I see us very confused when it comes on defensive structure.We are exposed and our players are making a blank.I didn't say we have to park the bus but we should be in alert every time the opponent aproaches us.One other thing is that we must learn how to mark the attackers of the opposition or making better zones against them, it's not so safe using tackles on them everytime or be in panic.That goes for Rodgers because i can conclude that he don't give emphasis at these issues on his daily training.The last of all is the fact that when we are in counterattack we don't play massive as we go 1 striker vs 5 defenders.We must step together into the small area and win the personal battles not just waiting someone to make a mistake for us to invade.That is the first lesson.The second lesson is we need to invest more.We need a Center back, another one CB that he also can play as Left back and one Right back.We need to keep Weah and Burke for sure because Benkovic(I know it's sad) is likely to leave and fianlly we must Bring in Karamoko Dembele with Oko Flex to the basic xi on every game from here on out.

Not sure we'll get the chance to break the bank for him anyway. With all the loan arrangements it'll be difficult to hero worship those who are in and out again at the season's end.

Members online

Latest posts

Back