Valencia v Celtic - Mestalla Stadium, 21 February - all comments here

That's what they're paid for Shamrock! Next thing it'll be the Celtic noise democracy picking the team ????

If we're picking the team im off the booze and stickin masel in midfield, I always fancied being a midfield maestro. I'll be on the bench waiting for Brendan to pick the optimum 2 minute spell where I can do the most damage before falling to my knees and coughing up a lung. I would literally die for my team.

He will be 16 years old within few minutes.At the age of 13 he was playing against U20.He is just too good for his age,We have to train him and play him in League matches untill the summer to build him in every aspect.Oko flex was eager to play as he posted a message in his twitter which has had to do with Rodgers granting him a place to the starting xi.He did even better than Bayo against Falkirk. Johnston and Ralston are already elite class players.Ralston was 17 when he played against PSG and slammed Neymar

And where is Ralston now?

Him and MJ are starting to ebb in at times but they’ve got a few years on Dembele and Flex.

They have to learn our way and then get some time on loan if needed.

Once the leagues wrapped up, give them experience but no way whack them in straight off the bat.

Ι think Dembele is not elegible to play until a few minutes.Maybe BR will give him a chance Sunday.But he could be a substitute.You can't throw him in the pitch right now but he has to taste all the upcoming matches with a way as a project in order to be ready for next European adventure on the summer.But if we don't take care he will delay and get wasted without reason.

Do you honestly think the backroom bhoys who work with these lads day in, day out, at Lennoxtown and overseas trips don't care?
I think they're doing everything completely professionally and I know they have to provide written reports constantly about the progress or lack of about the youngsters and that BR has access to these reports as well as watching the guys train.
I still think they know better than any of us.

And where is Ralston now?

Him and MJ are starting to ebb in at times but they’ve got a few years on Dembele and Flex.

They have to learn our way and then get some time on loan if needed.

Once the leagues wrapped up, give them experience but no way whack them in straight off the bat.
Ralston is injured.He is our best Right Back.Against PSG he was the best.He has Tierney's potential and after the PSG game he was targeted by West Ham and Everton etc

If we're picking the team im off the booze and stickin masel in midfield, I always fancied being a midfield maestro. I'll be on the bench waiting for Brendan to pick the optimum 2 minute spell where I can do the most damage before falling to my knees and coughing up a lung. I would literally die for my team.
nae point B, 888 was 2003 on the Cblog,toutin karamoko to start against valencia! eventually the word ineligible sank in,he went away, then came back wi okoflex must start (good irish name though!) must be a piece of piss in greece this management lark!!! 888 is a good lad though!

When club Managers spend good money on players then those are the ones that will always get the nod anyway. It has always been the same way and I don't see BR being any different. It might be good on FIFA on the X-box but not in reality.

Do you honestly think the backroom bhoys who work with these lads day in, day out, at Lennoxtown and overseas trips don't care?
I think they're doing everything completely professionally and I know they have to provide written reports constantly about the progress or lack of about the youngsters and that BR has access to these reports as well as watching the guys train.
I still think they know better than any of us.
I believe we have nothing to lose.Dembele is getting the chance he wants he is paid with his contract and we can have him to lead us in Europe after specific developement on him.That's the point.His contract is until 2021 and Im not sure if he will continue on Celtic as the other clubs will snatch him away from us because at the age of 19 he will be available to play in Big european clubs like PSG,Barcelona, Real Madrid etc.If we allure him and respect him like a legend he will reconsider the alternative options and maybe extend his contract for another 3 years.He will have big chances with Celtic in european sagas and developing himself at full.So once he appreciate the fair treatment he will give us the same treatment.I don't want to see again a plot like Moussa Dembele.

nae point B, 888 was 2003 on the Cblog,toutin karamoko to start against valencia! eventually the word ineligible sank in,he went away, then came back wi okoflex must start (good irish name though!) must be a piece of piss in greece this management lark!!! 888 is a good lad though!
Υes i Did'nt knew he was ineligible untill you told me that on Celtic blog.Oko flex wants by himself to start.He posted that via Twitter.

I believe we have nothing to lose.Dembele is getting the chance he wants he is paid with his contract and we can have him to lead us in Europe after specific developement on him.That's the point.His contract is until 2021 and Im not sure if he will continue on Celtic as the other clubs will snatch him away from us because at the age of 19 he will be available to play in Big european clubs like PSG,Barcelona, Real Madrid etc.If we allure him and respect him like a legend he will reconsider the alternative options and maybe extend his contract for another 3 years.He will have big chances with Celtic in european sagas and developing himself at full.So once he appreciate the fair treatment he will give us the same treatment.I don't want to see again a plot like Moussa Dembele.

I agree with you to a certain extent, Greek but as I said on an earlier thread today, we'll do well to get a whole successful season out of him before PL sells Dembele to refill the biscuit tin. It's not what I want or what any fan wants but the smell of money is like catnip to Lawwell.

I agree with you to a certain extent, Greek but as I said on an earlier thread today, we'll do well to get a whole successful season out of him before PL sells Dembele to refill the biscuit tin. It's not what I want or what any fan wants but the smell of money is like catnip to Lawwell.
I can see it coming like you are stating but i would like to be possible for Dembele to make a 2 or 3 whole seasons with major European success in order to make money and history for the club.So he can leave our club if he wants after that price

I can see it coming like you are stating but i would like to be possible for Dembele to make a 2 or 3 whole seasons with major European success in order to make money and history for the club.So he can leave our club if he wants after that price

And I'd like players to be in the team even longer so that they can become heroes and not just for a season or two.
It's been good sharing the craic with you, Greek, you don't fly off the handle when you disagree and you're good at sticking to the cause. Keep on posting. :D

Celtic must have a hundred players at all levels,your lucky if ten Players make the grade,,it’s a tough profession,Tierney injured,forest was always injured before Brendan took over,ralston injured,a mass of young guys have left celtic at a young age and done shitall...celtic have invested in karamoko and others they will know exactly when the time is right.

Ralston is injured.He is our best Right Back.Against PSG he was the best.He has Tierney's potential and after the PSG game he was targeted by West Ham and Everton etc
Agreed, he was coming into his own and got a bad injury
The Bhoy will come back stronger for it
He is a KT type player, who bleeds for the jersey
Good luck to young Ralston, I always liked him as a player, he's got a great future ahead of him in the hoops

Agreed, he was coming into his own and got a bad injury
The Bhoy will come back stronger for it
He is a KT type player, who bleeds for the jersey
Good luck to young Ralston, I always liked him as a player, he's got a great future ahead of him in the hoops

Hopefully. He’s another I don’t really see being a major factor. Lacks pace for a modern RB.

Hope I’m wrong though.

Talk of Ralston and Johnstone being elite class is an assessment too far for me. I am not convinced either will even be regulars for us, elite class, to my mind, means good enough to play for anybody. They aren’t in that bracket, unless that bracket has gone the way the English claim they have world class players when they just aren’t.

I do think young Dembele is in the elite class potential. But only potential, as he is just a kid, he is small and I think he needs to grow and develop core strength to fully reach the level his undoubted skill could take him.

Over the last couple of years, I tried not to think he would be our player, as I genuinely thought one of the richer clubs would steal him, so when Celtic announced we had signed him I was delighted.

He will need to be able to take a clatter off of grown men. As all our players have had to. I’m not sure his stature right now would allow that and for that reason I don’t think he would be risked too often, too soon.

He for me is a potential game changer for us, moving us up a level if he can handle the physicality of the game, particularly in our team, in this league. Look at the treatment meted out to KT. He though is hard as Fucking nails and he struggles at times with those bastards who try to hack him out of the game. Will the MIB protect young Dembele? Will they fuck.

If he can deal with that he will be outstanding and I can’t wait until he is a regular but I will understand going easy on his introduction and hope Lawell seeks to up his wages and extend his contract. I agree with Shamrock, that Lawell will see him firstly as a potential payday ensuring he adds to the bank balance that triggers his fucking bonus.

That aside, last night showed us all that with a couple of quality additions our team can compete and it should be Lawells number one task to get off his Fucking arse and secure them. Doing that and having Dembele in the mix too would delight us all. I have deep concerns wether Lawell will act though. He drags his heels content with a bank balance and fails to recognise that investment will enable us to qualify for the CL and the amount of money that brings.

We are down £60m because he shat it in the summer, let other close the gap and for that alone he needs to make amends. I hope he does, I hope he does every year, maybe after last night the penny will drop as to how good we will be with a few additions.

If he gets them and Dembele is in there too then we will fly. He fucking better because the support are pissed off being led by people with zero ambition who balk at bursting a tenner.

Proud of the team last night. Let them go to another level Peter. It’s long overdue. We will all be watching.

Football is a funny old game right enough. I was expecting a defeat, if I'm honest a horsing. While we never looked like getting a result I ended up pleased. Mainly the defensive masterclass of Joso n Ajer both of whom were immense. Finally good defending in Europe.Johnny Hayes through sheer guts and determination is beginning to look like the Jersey is his size, and Broony, who I admit I have questioned especially long term was immense. Glad it's over tbh, a distraction we don't need.

Members online

Latest posts

Back