van bronckhorst

Interesting to note that 2021 seems to be the year of absolute feckin misery and the soft reboot of old franchises.

One of the more interesting 'reboots' is the upcoming Matrix movie. If you remember the original trilogy which began in the late 90's, it featured a 'real world' which had been left devastated by an apocalyptic event and the human population had been sealed in pods and used as batteries to fuel the machine masters. In order to quell any thoughts of rebellion, the machine masters created a simulated world to lend an air of reality to what pretty much amounted to a zombified, mindless populous.

Step forward a messianic figure named Neo who somehow could exist within the pretendy simulated world and the real world simultaneously.

It's almost as if the writers of this movie had looked at the fantasy world over in Govan for inspiration.

In the late 90's, Rangers had their own messianic figure in Gio who could somehow co-exist within the hun make-believe world of viable finances and challenging for European honours, but who could also nearly function in the real world where their apocalyptic accountancy and crumbling, devastated structure was set ready to fall.

In the movies, the audience had to suspend their belief in order to enjoy the action scenes and philosophical script. At Ibrox, the audience had suspend their belief in order to escape the reality of their situation and enjoy the strange philosophies of minty moonbeams and his millionaire madness.

So here we are in 2021 and it appears that the new huns are attempting their own soft reboot by introducing old characters who have perhaps had and seen better days.

In the trailers for the new movie, it would appear that Neo has forgotten about his previous exploits and the simulated nature of the world he inhabits. In the hun version, it would appear that Gio has forgotten about the huns previous exploits and the pretendy nature of the world that he inhabits.

Now if only Celtic can do the Holy Trinity this season, then perhaps, like The Matrix, we can put this stupid franchise away for good. Or then again, they might just morpheus into another n

I'm convinced we living in the movie/book "Lord of the Flies". A load o public schoolboys running amok on an island.

I'm convinced we living in the movie/book "Lord of the Flies". A load o public schoolboys running amok on an island.
That would explain the old saying of fleas roond shite.

If van brockwurst is the Lord, then that lot are just shitesniffers

Noticed he will be in the stand and won't take charge till Monday due to work permit processing.
Not sure if this is the huns keeping him out the way of a potential banana skin.

Only recent comparison I can make is Conte. Announce Tue, paperwork wed and took charge for the 3-2 win on the Thursday.
Gio announced Thursday, paperwork Friday -starts Monday.
The MiB’s are in the dugout the day m8, so Gio not needed 👍🏻

Back