VAR watch.

As a said in a post yesterday dilligaf if your gonny exposé corruption you need to be all in!!that half cocked statement about can’t name names or what club was involved
done himself no favours or scottish football,instead of looking at the so called corruption,these cunts are doing the gypsy switch,they’ve got sky apologising??
Yes you did, you did say that, and it was only yesterday if memory serves me correctly

HH

I've had a wee dip into Swallow swallow, and I don't know what religious beliefs Mr Beaton holds or doesn't but the bile being thrown at the man is outrageous , if he was a follower of Allah I'm sure some of the stuff being said would be classed as hate crime ,but ho hum he may or not be a Catholic so it doesn't matter.

I've had a wee dip into Swallow swallow, and I don't know what religious beliefs Mr Beaton holds or doesn't but the bile being thrown at the man is outrageous , if he was a follower of Allah I'm sure some of the stuff being said would be classed as hate crime ,but ho hum he may or not be a Catholic so it doesn't matter.
Hope you wiped your feet on the way out
HH

The sevco PR machine - aided & abetted by McCoist & Boyd - set the tone for the media campaign that poor sevco were screwed by VAR & the ref, but how many penalties have you seen awarded to that other mob in the last few years for this sort of foul? But not a mention of it by the raging pundits!

King Klancy is looking right at it
But nothing to see here, you paranoid TIMS
HH

Sorry managed to get the referee's name wrong , they all look the same to me 🙄

OK so yhis does not involve Celtic but is yet another example of the appalling refereeing and VAR that goes on week in-week out in Scottish fitba. This was deemed worthy of a straight red for the Hibs player yesterday.

As I've said before, promote referees based on their ability rather than their handshake & proximity to Lanarkshire!

Absolutely disgraceful decision.

OK so yhis does not involve Celtic but is yet another example of the appalling refereeing and VAR that goes on week in-week out in Scottish fitba. This was deemed worthy of a straight red for the Hibs player yesterday.

As I've said before, promote referees based on their ability rather than their handshake & proximity to Lanarkshire!

It wasn't even checked by VAR which is a damning reflection on the VAR referee too. It seems to me that the Hibs player's leg was outstretched because he was just trying to flick the ball away from the St Johnstone player with the toe of his boot before the St Johnstone player could kick the ball and is already stating to pull his foot back in when he makes contact. He was more likely to get injured himself in this tackle.

It wasn't even checked by VAR which is a damning reflection on the VAR referee too. It seems to me that the Hibs player's leg was outstretched because he was just trying to flick the ball away from the St Johnstone player with the toe of his boot before the St Johnstone player could kick the ball and is already stating to pull his foot back in when he makes contact. He was more likely to get injured himself in this tackle.
I read the comments and they said that VAR did check it (I think they check all incidents) and agreed that it was correct and no need for the ref to look at it again on the tv screen.

I don't understand the way VAR is being implemented in football. If there is an incident that isn't clear cut and needs analysis then why not get the ref over immediately to review the video along with the VAR ref & assistant ref, where they can discuss it as they watch it? It will be quicker and much clearer to the viewers. Incidents should be shown on the big screens to the fans, coaches & players in the ground so at least they understand what is going on and see why a decision has been made - they may still disagree with it but they know why!

Why refuse to broadcast their discussions? The refereeing team is already miked up so let's hear their they are saying during the match - the technology is already being used.

I read the comments and they said that VAR did check it (I think they check all incidents) and agreed that it was correct and no need for the ref to look at it again on the tv screen.

I don't understand the way VAR is being implemented in football. If there is an incident that isn't clear cut and needs analysis then why not get the ref over immediately to review the video along with the VAR ref & assistant ref, where they can discuss it as they watch it? It will be quicker and much clearer to the viewers. Incidents should be shown on the big screens to the fans, coaches & players in the ground so at least they understand what is going on and see why a decision has been made - they may still disagree with it but they know why!

Why refuse to broadcast their discussions? The refereeing team is already miked up so let's hear their they are saying during the match - the technology is already being used.
So it was checked... ok. In that case, it would seem that it wasn't checked very well or that the Hibs player got the same interpretation of the incident that a Celtic player would have got. Not much of a surprise there.

As you point out and as people have commented on The Noise before, the referees manage to share perfectly clear and transparent discussions in rugby union, so there is no good reason why this shouldn't be done in football. Having said that, I think the referees in rugby probably have a better understanding of the rules of their sport and don't have the hidden agendas of the LRA referees.

Members online

Latest posts

Back