VAR watch.

I'm happy the minis got a goal for 2 reasons.

1) It gave me a correct score on the predictor.

2) They will now be under the delusion that they can do something against us on Saturday, leaving themselves wide open for Kyogo to run amok.
Neilson is just putting the MIBs and their VAR pal on notice for the cup tie
Watch for any early tackle from us, to get a yellow, or red
The Bhoys will be on the front foot right, from the start, and with the way Hacksaw and Jota were 'up for it' I'd start them this weekend

COYBIG

Last edited:
Thought that the final was to be a shoe in for controversy when I saw the lodge line up in black but …
Dare I say it 🤦‍♂️
prob the best I’ve seen us v them ref’s from our perspective especially considering my expectations beforehand..
Must be chasing the European games they’re missing out on just now
Shows that when huns and VAR are not influencing games, there’s only one winner and that was evident Sunday

Edit my 6 year old sat with me in full Celtic regalia and asked me
Daddy, which team does the guy in black play for …. mibbi when your older hen …. 😂

2 reason for this I reckon....

1. We never gave them the opportunity to screw us with VAR.

2. Some smart arse at Celtic supposedly invited a UEFA delegate to the match so MiBs were on their best behaviour....which would explain why both our goals were quickly awarded and not VAR'ed the arse out of for 5 minutes.

Not so fast young JEDI
It matters not to a Norseman, as anyone encroaching is (or should be) an automatic retake of the spot kick
Chelsea, the Huns, 2 cheeks of the same arse
HH
I think it only gets retaken if the offender's team was successful in the penalty - so if a team scores and an attacker encroached then it is a retake, or if it is a miss or save and a defender encroached then it is a retake.

This is to stop defenders continually encroaching to force retakes of successful penalties which also piles the pressure on the taker with each one he is forced to redo.

I think it only gets retaken if the offender's team was successful in the penalty - so if a team scores and an attacker encroached then it is a retake, or if it is a miss or save and a defender encroached then it is a retake.

This is to stop defenders continually encroaching to force retakes of successful penalties which also piles the pressure on the taker with each one he is forced to redo.
Well......fuck him then...

Stonewaller, Hunaday doesn't get the ball but makes sure he wipes out AJ
It would be a deffo TavPen for the Forces of FUGLY
VAR not needed today, for us anyway
SNAFU
I was a wee bit shocked when the normally sensible Michael Stewart insisted that it was irrelevant that Halliday had wiped out Johnston late as it made no difference to how he had crossef the ball (then remembered that even he is usually biased like us when watching the team he supports, he always watched Hearts games through maroon-tinted specs).

It does not matter how he crossed the ball, he was wiped out after playing the ball. Remember just a few months back when every single Hundit, ex-referee and journalist was 100% adamant that Hearts deserved a penalty when their striker went in waist height, straight-legged & studs up to touch the ball a fraction of a second before the Celtic defender caught his foot & the ball?

Or when a sevco player stood on Starfelt (who had slid a yard in front of him to block a potential shot) and then threw himself to the ground to celebrate a "deserved" penalty?

IMO this incident is clearly more deserving of being penalised but it will never be mentioned ever again, but if the game was closer then it could have resulted in us losing the chance to win a trophy! (If you think this does not matter as we won anyway then ask Ronnie Delia how it felt to be shafted out of a Trebe? The next time it may be a game decider).

I was a wee bit shocked when the normally sensible Michael Stewart insisted that it was irrelevant that Halliday had wiped out Johnston late as it made no difference to how he had crossef the ball (then remembered that even he is usually biased like us when watching the team he supports, he always watched Hearts games through maroon-tinted specs).

It does not matter how he crossed the ball, he was wiped out after playing the ball. Remember just a few months back when every single Hundit, ex-referee and journalist was 100% adamant that Hearts deserved a penalty when their striker went in waist height, straight-legged & studs up to touch the ball a fraction of a second before the Celtic defender caught his foot & the ball?

Or when a sevco player stood on Starfelt (who had slid a yard in front of him to block a potential shot) and then threw himself to the ground to celebrate a "deserved" penalty?

IMO this incident is clearly more deserving of being penalised but it will never be mentioned ever again, but if the game was closer then it could have resulted in us losing the chance to win a trophy! (If you think this does not matter as we won anyway then ask Ronnie Delia how it felt to be shafted out of a Trebe? The next time it may be a game decider).
Never took him long to book CV when he wiped out Kingsley. Halliday serial loser at all his clubs.

Halliday and that tool Naismith when he played for the Huns and the minis, like to leave the boot in, as they knew they'd get away with it
Neilson's face as

Michael Stewart...Double Agent
I normally agree with his comments, but he's a mile off it here with that statement
Our defenders were immense yesterday
No quarter asked, or given
A well deserved victory for the Bhoys
HH

As Scotland's premier club, Celtic must show example and lead the way, in calling for sweeping changes to the operation of VAR, at the upcoming crisis meeting. Firstly, we need to insist on independent, non Scottish officials to operate it going forward. Anything less is not good enough, and is simply rowing in with the SFA's acceptable standard of mediocrity. It is time to take these key decisions for the improvement of the game in Scotland out of that organisation's hands.The SFA has by now, had enough time and chances, to get this right. It has amply demonstrated that it is totally incapable of doing so. Once again its mediocrity and incompetence has reduced Scottish football to a laughing stock. Celtic needs to be tranparently and vocally proactive in this. Other clubs are now witnessing and feeling its impact. They are becoming public on its failure. No more behind closed doors negotiations to suit the SFA. When there is momentum, use it. So hopefully we are not alone.

Last edited:
As Scotland's premier club, Celtic must show example and lead the way, in calling for sweeping changes to the operation of VAR, at the upcoming crisis meeting. Firstly, we need to insist on independent, non Scottish officials to operate it going forward. Anything less is not good enough, and is simply rowing in with the SFA's acceptable standard of mediocrity. It is time to take these key decisions for the improvement of the game in Scotland out of that organisation's hands.The SFA has by now, had enough time and chances, to get this right. It has amply demonstrated that it is totally incapable of doing so. Once again its mediocrity and incompetence has reduced Scottish football to a laughing stock. Celtic needs to be tranparently and vocally proactive in this. Other clubs are now witnessing and feeling its impact. They are becoming public on its failure. No more behind closed doors negotiations to suit the SFA. When there is momentum, use it. So hopefully we are not alone.

Celtic and rainjurs jointly fund the cost of VAR……we should just serve notice, that from next season we’ll be withdrawing our funding, as it’s not fit for purpose, the officials operating it are either corrupt or incompetent

Celtic and rainjurs jointly fund the cost of VAR……we should just serve notice, that from next season we’ll be withdrawing our funding, as it’s not fit for purpose, the officials operating it are either corrupt or incompetent
And why would the rainjurs join us in dismantling a system thats only helping them? i'm struggling to remember an occasion since its come in thats hindered them?

Members online

Back